Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 8

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  8:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I miss being here lately. The garden only needs two more tomato plants put in. I have been growing them in the kitchen since they were so small when we got them. Still have some herbs to put in planters.

Got an antique hutch from a family member for my craft room. It needs a lot of cleaning, but it sure is in great condition and very pretty. I have a friend that does furniture refinishing. He told me the best way to get ride of the nicotine and cooking grease on the hutch is to use undiluted Murphys Oil Soap and very fine steel wool. Scrub a small area and wipe it with cheap paper towels. Keep going over it until the towels don't pick up any more dirt and grime. It will take a lot of paper towels. After everything is clean, wipe it down with Naptha. Be careful of the Naptha because it is very highly flammable. He suggested putting the rags in a metal container with water outside. This process makes it look great. No need to refinish when done.

We are also moving everything out of my craft room cleaning, papering, and painting. We decided to put down new flooring too. The floor is in very sad shape.

Linda your trip sounds great. I have been through the areas you have been in. They are beautiful.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on May 25 2017 8:42:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  07:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

It's been insanely busy for me with dh recently having surgery. Pumpkin is home from college - such a blessing ... life goes on!

Sara, I do hope you post pictures of your embroidery on our project thread. I would enjoy seeing your work. I'm also interested in your book writing adventures. I do hope you are keeping up with it. Has your rose bush given you any more flowers? I put stakes around mine. DH has not been kind to it! He's a weed wacker fanatic!

Maryellen, good to see you on the forum.

Linda, I enjoy reading about your adventures. Any trip is an adventure to me!

Darlene, what's new with you?

Brenda, that hutch is quite the project. It will look wonderful when you're done. Your craft room will be such a treat when it's done. I remember when I had to move everything out of mine to do some major renovations. Once it was finished the room became my haven!

Marilyn, how is your dh doing? I do hope you are taking good care of yourself.

Shannon, how are you doing?

Catch you all later! Enjoy the long weekend! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on May 26 2017 08:20:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  07:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I don't post pictures.

The book is coming along - I write on days when I'm not dealing with the fog of MS.

The wee rose bush is thriving and I have four or five blooms/buds now. The banana and bay trees are also doing good.

Brenda, your hutch is a prize and in no time you will fill it up with FarmGirl things.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  7:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda I'm so excited about your hutch!! We need pictures!!
Sara, I know the MS fog all too well! Prayers!!
Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  7:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole,
I just have been working and trying to make a pincushion. Since I cleaned so good for the house inspection, I have not been able to find my felt. Not good, I was looking for some in my hope chest and moving things around and looked down and my finger was bleeding.I was wounded. I don't know what I cut it on but I cleaned it and bandaged it, so I continue on.
Can you tell me What I stuff the pincushion with to be sturdy enough to poke the pins in it to stay?
i talked to my daughter and my grand daughters today, It was nice.
The weather has been nice too. Life has been interesting in my town. Life goes on.
love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  04:54:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband is so impatient but he is doing better. He has begun using a cane, but has almost fallen several times. He did not want me in his change over meeting yesterday, but I could hear. He did not understand some of the questions, and the man had to ask several times. He will begin going to outpatient rehab next week.
I am glad school is out. I know it will take a few days to forget that teacher experience. But life goes on. I had the school photos printed, from my phone, about 250 total. Then I put them into little albums. I remember how my grand daughters enjoyed looking at little albums of their own. They were a big hit with the kindergarten crew. I gave one to the teacher also, and she may never find it again.
I hope to get my house back in order during the next two weeks, then have some dental work done. Not fun, but necessary. Then I can sew, make cards and craft.
I will order a new Beth Moore Bible study today and start it when it arrives.
I am excited to begin this new chapter of my life.
Brenda, your hutch sounds wonderful.
Linda I sent you a package of mini animal aprons.
Carole, I hope your patient does well, and is up and going quickly.. I feel sure you and your daughter will have some good times this summer.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  07:54:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Any plans for the long weekend? Pumpkin is gone for the long weekend to visit with friends. We do have a small festival going on at the local church. I'll probably take a walk into the village and take part in the festivities. Not sure when the parade is. I'm thinking Sunday. I'm so out of the loop! lol

Connie, good to see you on the porch. I hope you are feeling much better.

Darlene, there's nothing more frustrating than tidying up so well that you can't find it! As for your pincushion, you can use crushed walnut shell to fill your pincushion and/or polyester stuffing. The snowman I stitched up a while back had crushed walnut shells on the bottom and poly filling for the rest.

Marilyn, Glad to read that your dh is on the mend. Wow, that is quite the new chapter ... I'm looking forward to reading about your new adventures!

Enjoy your day everyone! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  12:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carole is the walnut shell for weight? I do have the stuffing so I will probably go with that. I found a deal on Ebay for felt so will start it when I get it. should be around the 5th of june.I will put these in aplace I can find them :D

hugs and have a good week end everyone.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, you don't have to use crush walnut shells. Most people do for added weight. A pincushion done strictly with crushed walnut shell tends to feel like a bean bag .... it works great for keeping pins but you wont get it "stuffed" to the max. The other problem with crushed walnut shell is if you have someone who is allergic to nuts. The other stuffing you can use is wool ... I keep my pieces of wool batting and use it in pincushions and/or dolls.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  1:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carole, I hadn't thought about the nut allergies.

Thanks alot.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  1:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wool, steel wool, to sharpen pins, and a friend gave me a sweet little pin cushion long ago that was filled with used, dried coffee grounds. Emery sand also works...but I have no idea where to get it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 27 2017 :  3:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marilyn.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  10:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, Marilyn that your husband is doing much better! Enjoy getting some projects done now that school is out and enjoy your well earned time off!

We are having a quiet weekend but that is fine with us. Let night we went to see "Mousetrap" by Agatha Christie at the local Gainesville Community Theatre. It was so much fun and a great play! The actors did a very good performance on this classic that is still running in London since 1957.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  1:29:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn I've been part of one Beth Moore study. Enjoyed it and learned a lot. I catch her now and then on TV.

I spent a couple of hours searching the web for 10qt pressure canner and there's not many in that size. Larger or smaller but not what I need. Canning for one person who needs a 22 qt or even 16oz pressure canner. I finally made a choice and it should be here by June 7. Hope to can soups; curries; stews; beans; broths and get them out of my refrigerator freezer.

It rain hard during the night so I don't have to water tomorrow and that's a very good thing.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  3:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello dear friends. Things here have been rough, with multiple hospital stays over the last couple weeks, but God is good!!! I saw the nutritionist on Tuesday and it was a HORRIBLE experience! She called me a baby murderer and said I killed my babies that I miscarried, because my body was not able to supply their needs. Oh the heartache that caused! And yet, as I read God's Word, I am reminded how not Scriptural this is - and I again feel revived <3 No matter what life throws at us, we have our Heavenly Father - Who doesn't say His opinion, but rather the TRUTH, Who loves us, despite our numerous flaws and sins, Who carries us through each and every valley! I am so blessed <3

Yesterday I spent the day working on getting the soil for our garden ready. It's not there yet, but is getting there. I'm excited to see how it ends up! Hopefully it will be productive, but certainly a learning experience!

The other week I got to talk with MaryEllen on the phone - it was a lovely conversation!!! One of these days, when things quiet at our house (HA!), I would really like to call each and everyone of you. I'm so blessed to have you in my life!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  5:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we got home yesterday. Had a great trip, starting off in Orlando at Universal Studios and Hogwart's School and Diagon Alley. We spent one night in a motel in Savannah, and then on to NC. The only minor problem was that of the 8 days in North Carolina, it rained 5 of them. That didn't stop us, though. We arrived in Sapphire, NC, on Friday (18th); went to a quilt shop in Franklin, NC, on Saturday and then went to the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway and saw great mountain scenery for about 40 miles; met a high school friend of mine and his girlfriend for lunch on Sunday in Brevard; went to Highlands, NC, on Monday; visited The Biltmore Estate on Tuesday; on Wednesday went to an upscale clothing resale shop in Cashiers, NC, and both of us bought 2 things to wear. They had both a mens and a womans shop. I got a wonderful denim jacket and a beaded belt, and Ed got 2 sports coats (one of Cashmere) - both our totals were $15.00. Thursday, between rain showers, we took it easy and played a few games of pool and miniature golf at the Community Center of the resort we were staying at.

On Friday we drove to Denver, NC, and after a beautiful drive we had a great visit with MJF henhouse sister Maryellen. Who knew we were such kindred spirits - we have so many likes in common. I mentioned on one of our phone calls that we had gone to that resale shop and got some bargains and she said oh, do you like Goodwill stores? I said yes, we both do, and this may seem strange, but we got there at about 2:00 pm on Friday and by the time we left 24 hours later we had been to 4 Goodwill stores. We first met each other at a Goodwill store near Maryellen's house, and found some great deals there. Ed and I needed another suitcase (or two) because of all the treasures we had already found and bought. At the Goodwill we found a rolling OGIO bag for $15 that was large enough for most of our current holdings. LOL! We looked it up on the Internet and found it was a $269 bag! VOILA! I also got a padded backpack picnic set for $3 that held several more of our finds and became Ed's carry-on for the flight home. (more excitement regarding this bag later) We went from that Goodwill to a Tuesday-Morning-type shop and then to another Goodwill nearby. A couple more treasures were found there. Then we followed Maryellen to her house for a few minutes and to bring in our luggage, since we needed to repack most everything later. After an energy bar (since we hadn't yet eaten anything) and a short rest, we went to dinner to a great restaurant - wonderful food! And then, of course, we went to a third Goodwill store where a few more treasures were found - one, especially, by Maryellen. We then went back to Maryellen's home, where Ed started re-packing things into his new OGIO bag. It holds a LOT! He also started playing with Maryellen's major find and discovered several interesting things about it. Maryellen's husband got home later that night and we met him - Mike is a great guy, too! We stayed up and talked for a couple hours, when went to bed. On Saturday, we got up, went to breakfast with Mike and Maryellen at a super bagel shop, and then Mike left for work. And guess what we did? We followed Maryellen to ANOTHER Goodwill store that was on the way to the airport. We all found some more treasures - the two we found almost wouldn't fit into our luggage, even with the extra suitcase and backpack. We got a Star Wars Darth Vader mask that changes a person's voice and a Star Wars light-up maze ball - both of them for my grandsons to play with. Since we were already tightly packed, it was hard finding more room for them - but we DID! Then it was hugs with Maryellen and we were off to the airport and then home. It was a great vacation. WHEW! I'm tired. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  6:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am sorry that woman talked to you that way. She needs to be retrained or work elsewhere. When I was a kid our neighbors had a little girl. Over the next five years she miscarried three times. It was found when they moved out of state and a new doctor, new pregnancy, discovered a problem with her harmones. She had four more children. I hope your morning sickNess is about over. God is the only one we can rely on.
Linda, boy did you have a busy trip. Wow. I have never been to a good will store. There have never been any close to us. Sounds like fun.
Glad you are home safe.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  7:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Shannon what a horrible experience with that thoughtless woman.
how sad.
On the other hand you were lucky to get to 4 Goodwills. They are my favorite stores when I can get them. We don't have one here anymore, they went out of business here. along with Salvation Army and others. I don't know why though. We have a lot of other Second hand stores here now and doing well.
I am glad you are home safe now. You take a good rest now.
God bless.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 28 2017 :  8:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Shannon - So sorry the nutritionist spoke to you that way. Are you going to report her to her superiors? Or does she work on her own? That is definitely not the way to speak to a client. Take care of yourself.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  05:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda - your trip sounds WONDERFUL! So glad you and MaryEllen had such a fun visit! 4 Goodwills? Oh how I wish I could have gone along. We haven't found any out here! There are a couple thrift stores that are pretty nice though. I really enjoy the ReStores, but haven't found one around here yet. Still searching!

The nutritionist works on her own... she is also an herbalist, or so she claims. It's been interesting, as I have searched for the school she says she earned her master's degree in nutrition, and I can't find it online. Not sure why! Sadly, the funds to pay for the consultation were all out of pocket... I was really hoping for help. The one thing she did help me to understand more clearly, though, was that with only having one adrenal gland, I will probably never have optimum health until I get to Glory. Yesterday hubby and I spoke more about my visit with her... and the one thing he thought of, that I hadn't, was that all six of our miscarriages were before I had my adrenal gland taken out... this is my second pregnancy since then! More than likely the imbalance the affected adrenal gland was causing is what caused the miscarriages.

Marilyn - I am so sorry about your childhood neighbor's losses. It is HARD! I had a neighbor once ask me if you ever "get over them?" I told him no... that much like losing a loved one that you've known for a long time, you don't ever "get over them," but rather over time God lessens the hurt.

So today we are headed to Sheridan... our first time there... to go see some goats! I'm super excited! We know the goats are not ready to leave their mommas yet, but this will give us an idea of which ones we want, and how many. We are also hoping for possibly a goat in milk. We know she has at least one that she may be willing to sell that is in milk! We are hopeful!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
190 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  05:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon it was absolutely awesome to catch up with you. I am so sorry you're having so much trouble. I wish you lived closer.
Linda what an amazing time we had. You and Ed were wonderful guests and even better friends. What a great time we had. We had an absolute blast goodwilling. It seemed like everything Linda or Ed picked up was gold. The OGIO rolling suitcase was a gem. I am so blessed to have such amazing Goodwills right in my area. I relocated to this area last August and these Goodwill's have been quite a blessing. When I was with Linda I found a fisher-Price Sweet sounds doll house crammed full with bags of furniture. It was $15 and I really didn't realize what it was until we got home. Then Ed who apparently is inquisitive if he sees a button, made the dollhouse come to life. There are five dolls with the mom and dad being interactive depending on what piece of furniture they're sitting or touching. Some of the furniture actually talks and sings on its own. Linda went through The pieces of furniture and we found the value. I would say with everything it wouldn't be unfair to say close to $400 if not more. The doll house needs very little cleaning but there are no cracks or broken pieces. I was glad Ed was there to tote that thing in the house and out of the store. I do a resale business but if I let my granddaughter see this one it's over.
It is so amazing to meet farm girls in person. We had such a good time. It really is awesome to see someone you have talked to for years. Linda and Ed are just unbelievable kind, it was such an honor to have them as our house guests. We appreciate them making time for us on their trip.
I am glad to be able to have more time now to be active on the board. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  05:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

I've been a busy bee tending to some baby raccoons. The first one was spotted in our front yard around 8 a.m. and the other across the street on the neighbour's lawn around 10:30 a.m. It started to cross the street so we picked it up (with garden gloves) and brought it close to the other one. The mother is no where to be seen. Sadly, I think something happened to her. They are cute!

It is just strange how they were found ... I left them outside in a bin for the night hoping the mother would show up ... nada ... I have been in contact with the wildlife organization and am waiting for a decent hour to call her back to let her know that sadly the mother did not show up. It's not like they are not calling for her .... I have since fed them pedialite mixed with kitten formula.

I'm so excited!!!! I have found a place close to home that will sell me raw milk. I want to get into cheese making .... and butter making etc .... This weekend, we had a small Memorial Day fair that is hosted by St Mary's church .... I took a walk to check it out and someone I know that has a dairy farm (it is a huge one) was working at one of the booth. I mentioned how I needed to drive to Keeseville to to purchase raw milk ... he told me that if I was to make cheese (hence it will be brought to a certain high temperature) he can sell it to me. I am so excited not to have to drive an hour to pick up raw milk. Now, I need to get my cheese and butter act making together! lol

Marilyn, I had to laugh when I read that your dh was "impatient" .... DH is plain old stubborn! lol So, I just let him be .... you really can't teach an old dog new tricks! Well, in my case anyway!

Shannon, so sorry to read about your experience at the nutritionist. That is so unprofessional .... never that it's also uncalled for! When I was pregnant with Pumpkin, I could not take any vitamins so I monitored everything I ate. I was eating so well that I lost weight ... I weigh less after giving birth than prior. My Dr kept saying "Stop loosing weight" but I wasn't trying ... I was just eating so well ...

Linda, how fun that you hooked up with Maryellen. Always a treat to hook up with a fellow farmgirl! That is quite the booty you purchased! I think we have a Salvation Army store in the next town, I just don't know where it is.

Sara, I too will be looking for a canner. I used to have one ... it was lost in the move from Montreal.

Winnie, quiet is good in my book! I think that as I get older, I become more and more in love with my solitude! lol

Denise, what's going on with you? How's your garden coming along? We are giving our garden grounds a rest this year. Too much going on with dh's recent surgery and some renovations going on later on during the summer. We're talking the front porch has to be re-done and the downstairs bathroom window is being replaced.

Maryellen, what a find! I so enjoy browsing second hand stores. You never know what treasures you'll find.

Well, I suppose I should close this thread! Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on May 29 2017 06:00:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  06:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole I ordered a 10qt Fargo pressure canner from Amazon. Also ordered 3 cases of wide mouth Kerr pints from Ball. (Ball pints were sold out) Today ends their 25%off storewide and free shipping over $25. I have plenty of quarts and half pints but down to just a few pints. Probably will be pressure canning more pints than anything else.

Today I hope to work in the Yellow Rose Cottage and make room for the new canner and jars. I work at my best when I have my work stations laid out - must be from all those years of working on assembly lines. Everything we learn sooner or later will be put to good use.

Carole, the baby raccoons are precious. You're busy saving wee animals and my Annie destroyed two bird eggs yesterday. She was barking at a little iron box I have sitting on second shelve of plant stand. It had rusted badly and one end had a 1" hole in it but the top could be opened. I thought there must be a mouse inside so I raised the lid and found a neat little bird nest with 5 of the tiniest eggs I have ever seen. Before I could put the lid back Annie bit two of the eggs. This morning all eggs even the broken ones were gone but one. How do birds move their eggs?

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  07:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my, Carole!! What adorable adoptees you have in your care now. I have known people who have raised raccoons and they enjoyed the experience a great deal. They are so smart and full of mischief. But oh those clever little paws are quite effective at undoing many things!! Keep us posted on how these next weeks go as they grow up and get ready to leave for the wild again. They are indeed lucky to be where a human has compassion and willing to see them through their growing up days.

Linda, your trip sounded like a beautiful, exciting and fantastic jaunt around several states!! What fun and exciting adventures you had too. How lucky it was to meet up with MaryEllen as well!!!! Farmgirls having fun!! Rest up this week and catch up on all the news from home.

Sara, I sure wish you lived closer because I would love to join you at the Yellow Rose Cottage for a class in canning! You have so much experience and it would fun to spend a morning with you working on a project! Plus, I would love to see how you have your cottage all set up for your work. It has always been a dream of mine to have my own little cottage in the back yard to turn into a craft or work station of some kind.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 29 2017 :  07:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, you may have had a wren nest. They love tiny places. I love to see the fat round babies when they are learning to fly.
Coons are cute. Our friends son raised seveal throughout his growing up years. I call them masked bandits. I am surprised they did not get another coons attention with their cries. They often send out a call and many friends show up. Also don't they usually have three or four babies? Perhaps the mom was moving them and something happened. With cats, when mom moves her babies it takes quite some time, especially when they are about three to six weeks old. I hope you get some help with them.
Men are just onory when they are sick. When the doctors answer to my husband's question (how many weeks before I'm all better?). ..Was many months, my husband was shocked. He has never broken a bone in his 75 years until this.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 29 2017 07:17:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page