Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch chatting with friends - June 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - June 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 6

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  08:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

I forgot that we just started a new month! Goodness how time flies.

Well, we have been getting a lot of rain. My irises have started to bloom.

And, I noticed this morning that my little rose bush is budding!

Now, if I can keep weedwack happy DH away from this precious bush, I'll be a happy camper!

Sara, such a sweetheart, is having a give away, so DON'T pop on over and sign up! This way the odds will be in my favour!! LOL Just kidding! You all know I like to kidd? Right? No seriously, don't bother ...

Have fun today! If you can't kidd around and laugh it's just not a fun day!

Catch you later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2017 :  09:47:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole no fair shooing away our FarmGirl sisters from my gift.
Your irises are beautiful.

Just off an hour long phone call to Trac-Fone just to find out why I have no service is my poor wee phone is obsolete because of new technology. No telling how long I haven't had service because I use it only for emergences like ice storms and no power. I check it ever so often to keep it charged. On the up side the young man was very patient and made the whole ordeal easy for me. I thanked him. I'm always appreciative when I get a kind person on the other end of a business phone call.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  06:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rained yesterday - forecast rain through Sun. Good for the earth and good for my herbs.

I'm sitting here looking at the left side of my computer table that is a mess. Should clean it off today but may not get around to it. I want to play in the Yellow Rose Cottage and some days playing is more important to me than working.

Since the cottage is rustic (used to be a woodworking shop) I'm thinking of making curtains out of flour sack tea towels. Would just have to make a pocket for the curtain rod. Years ago I bought a roll of fusible web at a garage sale for $1 so I could use that and not have to use my sister's sewing machine. I do not like using sewing machines anymore. They don't go slow enough for me these days.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  07:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara Well I am sure however you make the curtains they will be beautiful. I bet it is nice working in the little cottage.
Enjoy the day!

Blessings.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  07:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene it is a joy to out there and I feel blessed to have it. I have changed my mine on the curtains. I don't want to spend anymore money right now on fixing it up so instead of buying rods I have decided to string rope and hang the tea towels with clothespins. All I have to do is iron them and I'm ready to go.

My sister Bobbie and I are going to Dollar General this morning. I will get a Trac-Fone and stock up on paper plates and styro-cups.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  07:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a cute idea. Decorate your clothes pins.
Sweet.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  08:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good idea Darlene. Saw on the Farm where Grace 'Katmom' had done hers. I can cut & paste so all I have to do is look for scrapes of fabrics.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  08:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful day here in the west! We are suppose to have a high if 73 today :) LOVELY!!! I've learned this week that I did not escape the dreaded allergies. Breathing is.. errr... apparently optional right now ;) The last few weeks have been REALLY hard... I'm pretty sure I shared with y'all the visit with the nutritionist/herbalist and how that went. Her words resonated within me more than I knew, and I have really had to do some more soul searching to let it go. The fact that I've been struggling with dehydration the last few weeks didn't help, as I knew there was a good chance we could lose this baby as well... But the fact of the matter is I have not miscarried nice I had my adrenal gland removed, and I'm fighting dehydration so bad because I'm not use to the dryness out here! Anyways, I'm finally starting to feel more human and getting caught up on things. I got some strawberry jam canned, rhubarb jam canned, apple butter canned, and cherry pie filling canned. We also butchered nine of our broilers so far, are hoping to do another seven this afternoon and evening, and then the last twenty tomorrow. My younger sister is looking to be here next week, my parents the middle of the June, my inlays the end of June into July, and then my aunt and her husband the middle of July into August. BUSY!!!! We are also trying to get the garden ready to plant. I need to harden off my plants, and I'm not positive on how to do it o.O Right now I am finishing getting the beds ready, as I have time, energy, and can breathe!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Jun 02 2017 08:25:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2017 :  09:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great idea Sara, I would love to see when your done.

Shannon, I hope you get your dehydration straightened out. It is a whole lot dryer up in the high States than in the lower ones. Take care. Maybe your breathing has something to do with the high altitude as well. It is a whole different way of breathing up there.
Have a good day.

hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  06:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I think of you often. Hope all is well with you today.

I woke to MS fatigue so today will be a piddling day - a little of this and that and a whole lot of resting. Resting is good on a rainy day and it may rain all day long.

I do have clothes and the fabric I bought yesterday at the Salvation Army in the washer. I can do a load of wash when I don't feel like doing other housework. With a washer and dryer washday isn't what it was when I was growing up. Back then it was work - now it's easy.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  07:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I hope your breathing becomes easier. Are you diffusing essential oils? They really seem to help me when it is super humid and hot or when allergies or a cold visit me. I am glad baby is still with you. God is good. I am amazed that you have made jelly and canned pie filling. Sounds yum. Our berries are ready but my family loves them fresh so I don't usually make jelly. I love wild plum jelly. We are watching and hopefully can get some before the racoons.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  10:03:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain and more. Police are putting up barricades in areas that flood.Emergency crews are chasing accidents. Thankfully most drivers are being careful. I am sitting in the car in a huge parking lot waiting on Hadlee, her mom and my husband.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2017 :  11:36:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Raining here now, too. We do need it, our area is way below the rain quantity we need. However, we are supposed to be going to a Rough Riders minor league baseball game tonight - hopefully it will stop raining and the game will go on. My financal planner is taking some of his clients to the game - he has 5 suites there today and is providing food and drinks. Ed and I are taking my three grandsons with us today. HOPEFULLY, the we will "Play ball!"

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  07:51:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, your iris are stunning! They remind me of my Mothers that came up every these. So, so pretty.

Shannon I hope you get your self all balanced out soon. I am sure it makes each day a lot more exhausting too. Enjoy all of the family visits this coming Summer. I know they are anxious to see beautiful Wyoming and your new home. Such a gorgeous state !

We are currently in Asheville, NC visiting our daughter and enjoying a beautiful weekend. I never tire of looking at the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains !!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  07:55:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops, I forgot to say , Sara, that I love your idea of hanging up your tea towel curtains with some string and clothes pins!!! That sounds like a much cuter idea than curtains . I think it makes a more whimsical form that I bet will be just perfect. I call it a stroke of Farmgirl genius!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, Winnie, the Blue Ridge Mountains are superb - we just missed each other by a week. You need to stop and say hello to Maryellen on your way home.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  1:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, thanks but I don't think it's so much genius as me channeling Texas pioneer women who did with what they had. I didn't want to spend any money or my energy.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2017 :  9:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I hope you get feeling great very soon!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2017 :  10:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just stopping in to say hi. Enjoying all the thing you all are talking about. Everyone seems to be so busy.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  12:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful carol!! My favorite Flower! I have some of my Granny's still blooming after 50 years!! Hey Sherry! Seems like all at once everything is going on here. I am gardening on a small scale because of the Heat! Sharing the fairy garden with Lily June. Planted 3 tomato Plants in the back of it. Thanks to the bee-keeper 1/4 mile away and I put sardines into each hole that I dug like the native Americans did for the pilgrims! They look very Healthy! I got a white Hydrangea! never had one before. Mine are all pink and blue. The one right beside it, in the same soil is blue!
Sara, love the idea! I know what you mean by saving our energy! Heat puts more demands on it!!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  3:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi you'all. Well I have been away. Terry to the doctor twice. He goes to the VA. Two hours away. Then wait. He felt bad enough without waiting so long. He had a infection. Gave him Antibiotics and then they didn't work. So then had to go back. This time again a different med. Hope this helps. I went to the dr. about three weeks ago. UTI. Ick. Now am better. YAY!
We have had so much rain it is bad. If you see our yard sad, sad. It was pretty today though, saw two deer in our yard earlier. They are enjoying our grass. Ha!

Will guess I will close hubby wants grilled cheese. Talk later!! Luv all my sisses

Hugs Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  3:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, sorry for your illness as well as your husbands, but so glad to hear from you. God bless.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  5:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie - Did you put sardines in the holes where you planted the tomatoes? or else what is a sardine plant???

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 10 2017 5:12:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  5:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your fairy garden Connie. Linda, remember how the Indians taught the early settlers to plant their corn?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  6:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie your fairy garden is so cute and I bet Lily June really loves it.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2017 :  7:03:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No, Marilyn. I never did get taught how to plant corn the Indians way. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch chatting with friends - June 2017 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page