Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 8

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  4:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I gave up on a clean car long ago. We have almost 2 miles of kaliche road. Sometimes I go to town to the car wash early, then run errands. I get to admire my clean car then...but when I get home it is covered with dust.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 17 2017 4:17:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  9:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Makes hard doesn't it Marilyn.
Have a good night everyone.

hugs and love.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  10:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, it's good to hear someone else knows what it's like.

Goodnight Darlene, sweet dreams.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9549 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9549 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  06:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The pollen has been so bad here I decided to wait to wash my car. It's green but covered in yelow.

Spent some time yesterday relaxing on the front porch with a book. Was happy to see a little hummingbird at the feeder as well as honey bees on the flowers!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 18 2017 06:32:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  06:44:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, front porches are the best for nature watching. I sat in my whicker rocker in-between weeding and watering my garlic beds. Saw a mockingbird, a papa cardinal, and too many squirrels.

In the mornings the papa cardinals come to feed first then the mama cardinals feed. There's one papa cardinal who will keep watch as his mate feeds. The more I watch song birds the more I see them as individuals.

This doesn't seem to go for the birds that travel in flocks. They come together, feed, and fly off together. Just one mass of feathers and they leave their mess behind. They must be necessary in the scheme of things but I don't enjoy watching them.

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  07:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Doing a bit of catching up while I was MIA. Pumpkin is home and DH is going for knee surgery next week, so it has made for a busy couple of weeks.

Sara, thank you for the bit of history on cinqo the mayo! Have you continued with your book? I know the published author Kate Messner (her daughter was good friends with my daughter - both figure skated together). I so enjoyed listening to Kate's writing adventures. She writes every morning, whether she feels like it or not. She has quite a few books published. I love how her mind works! I learned so much from her.

Shannon, so sorry to read that your family has not been well. I do hope everyone is back to their healthy self.

Darlene, Thank you for sharing your cinqo the Mayo day! What fun!

Marilyn, Thank you for the updates on your DH and whatnot. Make sure to take good care of yourself.

Denise, thanks for the update on your chicks. So wish I could have chooks too! I enjoyed reading your apple jelly story.

Julie, how are the adorable Lavender Orpingtons coming along? They must be getting big by now.

Connie, how are you feeling? I do hope you are back to your self.

That's it for me right now. Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on May 19 2017 07:27:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  07:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, thanks for asking about my cozy mystery. I'm on chapter 6. I admire your author friend who works at her craft each morning. I work on mine when I can consecrate. MS fog keeps me from writing on a schedule. When I can't write I busy myself in the kitchen or piddling around the gardens.

I've been embroidering at night on a vintage pattern from Colonial Patterns. A Mexican girl making clay pots. I'm working it in shades of orange on a tea towel with orange border. I use other colors for accent. I completed one with her cooking tortillas in the same color scheme. It hangs on one of the shelves in my pie safe.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  7:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We arrived at our Wyndham Fairway Forest Resort in Sapphire, NC, in mid-afternoon today. We left Orlando on Thursday morning and drove to Savannah, GA. We did a little sightseeing in Savanah in the afternoon and went back to the motel. We left Savannah this morning at 7:30 and took the back-road scenic drive instead of the highways. It was shorter in distance but longer in driving time, but we wanted the more scenic drive through smaller towns. We stopped in one quaint town (Pendleton, SC) and went into 2 antique shops. In one, I found and bought a summer quilt with sashed blocks of large appliqued flowers. I love older quilts, especially designs that I know I won't make myself.

Rain is in the forecast for at least part of the next few days. That's a bummer! I'm sure we will find plenty to do, though.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  8:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a fun trip Linda.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  9:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda your trip sounded fun

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 20 2017 :  5:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Have a lot more sightseeing to do this week. Meeting with a high school classmate and his girlfriend tomorrow for lunch at a nearby town. Lots of water falls to see and curvy mountain roads for Ed to drive.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 20 2017 :  7:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet those waterfalls will be pretty Linda, I don't know about the curvy roads though.
Have a great trip but keep safe.

hugs to you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  06:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ohh, Linda, you were in my part of the world last week!! Orlando is just 2 hours south of me on I-75 or about 2 hours west on I-95. I hope you have been having a wonderful trip in NC too. I love western NC with all of the mountains, waterfalls and scenic little towns. We are headed up to Asheville, NC to visit our daughter in two weeks and I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in early Summer. So, so pretty!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  07:49:36 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Saturday we went to Franklin - I had to go to a quilt shop there that Maryellen mentioned to me. I bought the fabric for the Mens 10" square swap there. They had a quilt displayed that Ed and I loved, and that I am definitely going to make when I get home - at least SOMEday. There is a free pattern for it on line. Then we went to Cherokee to start the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. We took it for about 45 miles and then headed south towards our timeshare in Sapphire.

Sunday we met a high school friend at a neat BBQ restaurant in Brevard. We stopped at one of the state parks just off our route (US 64) on the way home. Today we will go to Highlands to do some more sightseeing.

One thing - all these curvy winding roads are bringing a little of my vertigo back, I think. I am taking a Dramamine every day to keep from getting dizzy. I donn't think there is any way many of the people ho live here can get to town or work without all the winding roads. LOL! I love the scenery, but don't like the curvy roads.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  1:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a wonderful trip anyway, even with the curvy roads.
Travel safe Linda!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  1:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, do the curvy roads have deep ditches on either side like some of those in Arkansas?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  8:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, they do. And sometimes it is just a steep downhill slide. Dangerous if you went off the pavement on the curves. In 18 miles, on the way home from Highlands today, we counted 160 turns in the road. LOL! That's a LOT!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  10:02:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh not for me!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
190 Posts

Posted - May 22 2017 :  11:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I am glad your trip is going well. I love the NC mountains and so glad you loved the quilt shop. Too bad Winnie can't be in Asheville at the same time. Be safe! Sara the embroidery sounds beautiful. Marilyn and Denise I actually purchased a monthly car wash service but cancelled because it just seemed fruitless. Much like you by the time I got home the car was covered. Shannon I enjoyed chatting with you! Hugs to all, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  12:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the ditches serve a purpose of carrying the rain away, but on icy or rain slick roads they could be pretty scary. My brother lived in Arkansas for a couple of years.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  3:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like we picked a very rainy week for our trip here. Lots and lots of rain.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 23 2017 :  5:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is 62° with a strong north wind here. A bit of sunshine appeared mid afternoon. I honestly felt like it was a cloudy, windy, cold November day...even though my brain knows it is May 23rd.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 23 2017 5:15:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  3:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, Sorry for the rain, it is supposed to clear up :)! I moved to GA from flat, straight Florida. The roads here do take some getting used to, but you really do adjust! I used to get car sick, but no longer, with a few exceptions :)! The steep drop offs are another issue. People have been killed, and not found for a long time, unless someone sees them actually leave the road. Franklin is only about 1 hr 15 min from our house (over the mountain). We go quite a bit. Which quilt store did you visit?
Save travels and enjoy your trip :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  3:55:14 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I went to A Stitch in Time. It was a great shop.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  6:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet that quilt shop was a lot of fun to go through lInda.
Pretty fabrics and I am weak when I go to them.
Have a great evening.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page