Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 8

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  1:27:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness Shannon, there is a bug here too. Our neighbors it's little grandson went to the ER with it. She said his abdomen cramped for several days. I hope your family gets better very soon.
My husband fell out of bed with a big thud about 1:30 pm. He said he was sound asleep. I called for help. Then I was able to finally get him into a semi sitting position. When the grand daughters arrived we were able to get him up on the bed. Then Julie came in and we put a board under the mattress and clean sheets. He is back in bed now. He has spasms that jerk his leg and body. I had already called the doctors office and will go get new meds in a bit when they are ready.
I pray that the rest of you are ok.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 11 2017 1:33:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  1:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I am so sorry. Praying he didn't hurt anything.

The thunderstorm has finally arrived; the rain is pouring; and the fatigue has lifted. I feel good. Going to pig out on British mysteries for rest of the day. 4:30 is Miss Marple. 7pm is Pie in the Sky on PBS Channel 13 out of Dallas - Followed by Midsommer Murders at 8. I'm a happy camper.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  1:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara he landed on his good side. It scared the daylights out of me.
Bonnie I know you are probably asleep but I am praying that your knee surgery went well.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  1:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, Marilyn. Prayers out to you and your husband. I'm glad he landed on his good side and that you got help there quickly to help you with him.

Heal quickly, Bonnie. Prayers to you, too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  1:41:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, our crazy weather, and the earthquakes which are not close to us have our border collie pretty miserable. I understand how it affects humans too. Damp cloudy days send me into painful times. Just remember we are all praying for you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  1:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was blessed that the kids were on their way home, about five minutes away. Wade was about 15 miles out in the country working. We talked to him but did not ask him to come. This is crazy, absolutely crazy. I had no idea there are so many things involved with a hip fracture.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  2:08:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Marilyn! I am so so sorry!!!! How terribly scary! Praising God he landed on his good side!!! And that the kids were so close!

Sara - glad you are feeling better!

Thank you ladies for the well wishes. Today has been, by far, the worst day for me! But I'm trusting it will get better. Hubby talked with the doctor again, and if I'm not holding more fluids down tonight, i need to go in tomorrow. I have so much to do, and this is really slowing things down for me!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  4:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I wish you had a ME nearby. When Julie was in the middle of morning sickness and Baylee, who was two, got the flu...I took four days off from school. I took Baylee to the doctor, stood in line at the pharmacy for her meds, did 13 loads of laundry, and cooked for Wade and his roping partner. What a wreck. But we all survived.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  4:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dearest Marilyn - I wish I had a you nearby too - just to have tea with. <3 Honestly, I have never had that kind of experience!!! But it has taught me to keep going and has made me stronger. God has blessed us <3 I wish I was closer to you to help with your hubby... well when my bug is over ;) Love you friend!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  6:19:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
God gives us challenges, they do help us to be strong, like oak trees. Sometimes our challenges are pretty tough. My challenge at school with the teacher is probably tougher than my husband.Just 11 more day and I will be free.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 11 2017 6:23:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  6:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband is doing better this afternoon. Julie and the kids just left again. Baylee picked him a handful of blackberries, which he enjoyed. He is having a bit of supper now. He is behaving, and talking in a more normal manner...the narcotic drugs are about gone from his system. Yea!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  7:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those drugs really mess with your mind. some people worse than others. I remember those things, I didn't like it.
I am glad I got my knees done though. I might not be walking now if I hadn't.
I will keep him in my prayers for getting stronger and happier every day and you too Marilyn.
hugs and love.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 12 2017 :  06:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh goodness Marilyn! I didn't realize things were that bad with the teacher! Praying the eleven days go smoothly and quickly <3 So glad your hubby is starting to get back to normal as far as his head. Whenever I get meds, I go to sleep, lol. I stay in zombie land!!! I am an extreme lightweight. Oddly enough, there is one narcotic that I cannot have yet they are all in the same family!!! It is dilaudid.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 12 2017 :  12:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made the chili today and it's okay but not good enough to summit. Too many unnecessary ingredients. So I cut 6. The white wine didn't work so when I make it again I will use red. I have time to make one more batch next week. The chili is good enough to eat so it won't go to waste but not worthy of a contest prize.

The eggplant and mushrooms were tasty so I'm happy with how they turned out. I took the time to salt the eggplant and let them drain for an hour to take out the bitter taste and water. The olive oil was hot when I sautéed the eggplant & mushrooms so they didn't soak it up.

I was all set to start cooking at 8 a.m. when a neighbor showed up and stayed for an hour. That threw me off kilter and used up a hunk of my morning energy. When I cook the next batch I hope my morning goes as planned.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 12 2017 :  4:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel I must apologize for my tone earlier when I spoke of my neighbor when she stopped by on her morning walk. She is in her 60s, totally deaf without implants, has cerebral palsy, recovering from shoulder surgery, and lost her mother in Dec. I did enjoy having tea with her at the same time resenting her for disturbing by morning. I must work on having a more giving and sweet spirit. As Joyce Meyers, Biblical teacher, says "she has the best intentions of being good until her feet hit the floor in the mornings:.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 12 2017 :  7:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take care Sara, your neighbor loves you, your chili is probably great and will be even greater next time you make it and Have a great week end.

Love you and Happy Mother's day!

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  05:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene, your words are comforting.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  08:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, we are all guilty of resenting interruptions on our time sometimes, so don't be too hard on yourself. I like how Joyce Meyer puts. She is so RIGHT!

Marilyn, your husband has had a real rough go of things. I know you wish he had gone to a rehab center where there are more precautions and help to see that he gets the help he needs to be independent in a safer setting. Hopefully, he will make more progress this week as he moves further away from the initial surgery. When does he go back for a check on his suture line? The heavy draining is sort of raising a red flag in my head( as I was a surgical nurse for 10 years and did many a hip fracture procedure) . If there is any infection in that wound, it will make it more painful for him to move around or do any of his exercises. May I suggest you call the doctor and review what you are seeing as drainage to make sure they are not worried about infection as well.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  08:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, thank you so much. I will check this out. Do you have any idea how long it normally takes for the pain to stop after 'pinning' surgery? We are now 10 days post op, and still in pain. He was crying at three am. I feel sorry for him.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  09:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie for your encouraging words.

Went to Farmer's Market earlier and bought zucchini, orange beets, green onions, daikon radishes to ferment, multi-grain bread rom Paris Bakery, and a pkg of black pepper linguine from Olive Paris Shop. It was a good morning to be out.

The zucchini is so pretty I have decided to rethink recipe for chili contest and use zucchini instead of eggplant; and red bell pepper instead of mushrooms. Will let y'all know how it turns out.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  09:46:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
you go, girl!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda. Have oodles of fun on your vacation. Enjoyed chatting last night.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6082 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6082 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  10:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a good idea Sara, They really are doing differently than when I had my knees done.
Take care Marilyn.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3528 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3528 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  05:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I am not sure why your husband is still in so much pain. Do you have a HomeCare nurse coming out at all? If not, my recommendation is to make an appt with your doctor to have the wound and situation evaluated as soon as you can get in. It seems like he should be getting better by day 10 instead of staying the same as immediately post-operative. The fall the other day may have jolted his pelvis and that might have added some extra bruising even though the fall happened on the other side. Normally, people start getting more mobile and have less pain by the end of the first week. Each person is different , but the fact that he has such pain is a reason to get some more evaluation about what is exactly going on. Good luck and press on the doctor for more help and what options are available. He can order HomeCare at any point in this process to have a nurse to come out and help with the pain management and wound care.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  06:01:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, thank you so much. He does not have a home health nurse. I asked him if it was offered, he does not remember, but I suspect that if it was offered, he probably said NO.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the front porch with a quilt chatting May 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page