Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is good. Sewing is a change of pace. That is why I keep my machine on or near the kitchen table. Right now there are three pair of Wade 's jeans, that need serious repair, waiting for my attention.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  06:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday we accomplished a lot, though it still doesn't look that way. My shoulders, knees, hips and feet hurt. I managed to get 2 contractor trash bags full and out the door with Ed this morning - he can put them in his dumpster at work. He also took 2 large boxes of paper for recycling and several other large items for disposal. He also put up some wooden brackets in his garage and then we put somme long wooden trim pieces on them. The garage is tall, and the brackets had to be above the many windows on that side of the garage and were pretty far up, so Ed, as many men do, was often doing one of those "kids, don't try this at home" maneuvers. LOL! Here's a picture of him - ready to receive the next long pieces of wood I was sending up to him. He couldn't stand up - the room had lots of roofing nails sticking through and he did hit them once.
We had to clean the garage floor to make room for some of the stuff in the room we need to clean out for his sister before her arrival in mid-April. And after this clean-up he has already reserved a timeshare room at Bonnet Creek in Florida on the Disney property. We will need some R&R. He will owe me more than that. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  07:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I'm afraid of heights so I don't even like looking at pictures where people are off the ground. Makes me a tad dizzy. Glad he got down safe and sound. Y'all accomplished a lot. Your trip to Fla sounds like fun.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  07:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done Linda and Ed!!!!!

I didn't get any sewing done this weekend! Instead, I helped hubby work on the goat barn... We got the OSB on the roof and three of the four sides. It was perfect timing as it is another blustery snowy day today!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  07:15:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon you're a little bit closer to getting your goats. Good job.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  07:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You still amaze me, Shannon - all you get done. What kind of goats are you going to be getting? Are you raising them for food, milk, or fiber?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  08:07:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I truly do not understand why I amaze you!!! I see myself as extremely lazy, as I seem to only get about a quarter of my to-do list done everyday!!!

We will be getting nubian goats, strictly for dairy purposes. Down the road we are hoping to get some sheep for their wool and fiber.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  10:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
With 7 kids your to-do list is a lot larger than mine. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9576 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9576 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  2:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I do miss that about military moving. We have been in this house for 17 years and it looks like it's been 50. I don't know where it all comes from. Of course it doesn't help that I love furniture, old stuff but it is time to let some of it go. The garage is my bane. I've been trying to get it cleaned out for 15 yrs. We never seem to finish.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  4:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean Denise. We have lived here for about 25 years. I also have too much clutter. I can not blame it on the grand kids any longer. Most of their toys went to their house years ago, but I still have some things. I guess I need to pull out their left overs to see what they want to do with it. My problem is I work best in the mornings, but working in town five mornings a week means I am always behind. If I could sleep all night long maybe I would not need a wee nap after lunch. This morning I woke at 4am. So I patched three pair of blue jeans for my son. It takes lots of time, zig zagging back and forth. I only broke two denim needles this morning.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  5:00:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Y'all are funny! I have enjoyed reading the latest posts :)! I can see myself in so many, like breaking needles in the sewing machine! I just finished up 11 pair of flannel jammie bottoms for my daughter's, got them a little "stock pile"! Had some help, for which I was grateful! Now to make a dust ruffle for our bed :)! Hope to get the fabric tomorrow, after I figure out what I need.
Shannon, you do accomplish much in a days time! Just doing laundry, and cooking, plus homeschooling, oh my goodness! I am a little jealous about your goats, as I would love to have just one. I
I have been doing some "getting rid of stuff", but have lots more to do! Giving to the kids now what we want them to have. I sure don't want to leave them with a mess! Hubby is talking about getting a small dumpster to clean out his shop in the basement, sure hope that comes to pass :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  5:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was teaching, we had to attend a meeting g about people with ADD. Notice I said people, not just kids. I left that meeting knowing that is my problem...I get side tracked. When I walk into a room to clean it...things begin to compete for my attention. Greeting cards...just one more look before I put them away. Photos, a trip down memory lane, that is never quick. Oh no, it is time to go get the mail. Fun things to open. Now fix lunch. Oh I need to mend this dress, it won't take long. A wee nap perhaps. The day is half over and I have not cleaned anything.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  06:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! So true, everyone. And when I clean out a closet it seems I mess everything else up! Here is something I saw many years ago on line or on Facebook (which I guess is also oon line - LOL!):

Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.D.D. - Adult Attention Deficit Disorder.
(Use to be called "lack of FOCUS" - But I feel much better now that it is a "disease".)

This is how it manifests:

I decide to water my garden. As I turn on the hose in the driveway, I look over at my car and decide my car needs washing. As I start toward the garage, I notice that there is mail on the porch table that I brought up from the mail box earlier. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the garbage can under the table, and notice that the can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the garbage first.

But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the garbage anyway, I may as well pay t he bills first. I take my check book off the table, and see that there is only 1 check left.

My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold.

As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the Coke down on the counter, and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight when we go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers.

I pour some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:

the car isn't washed
the bills aren't paid
there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter
the flowers don't have enough water,
there is still only 1 check in my check book,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
and I don't remember what I did with the car keys.

Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail.

- Author unknown
Does this sound familiar?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 07 2017 06:08:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  06:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'm not quite that bad but I am a piddler. I confess I really like and enjoy being one. What's the difference between piddling and AADD you ask? As I see it AADD you don't realize you aren't focused while when I piddle I give myself permission to piddle. At the end of the day I do get a little of this and that done and fully enjoyed my day.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  06:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Lol. I like that Sara!!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  11:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those are both great linda and Sara, I feel I am a part of both!
Thank you!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  4:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow,, big project , Linda!! Everyone here has been really busy lately with] one thing or another. We have been outside raking lots of oak leaves and pulling out overgrown landscaping that has just taken over. Everything looks so much better but there is a lot more to do. This time of year, our live oak trees lose their leaves so there is lots of raking to clean it all up. The weather has been very nice all weekend and week with cooler temps and low humidity. Perfect weather for working outside!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  4:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the meeting we attended, the doctor told us that most of the children who were brought to him for help, were brought there by the AADD in the family, who was driving the spouse crazy. He said he usually medicated both the child and parent.
That story is funny Linda, and pretty true.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  04:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's official - I wrote it down in my MJF Planner - I'm piddling today. While I'm piddling I need to clean off the deck. Annie digs up her old bones and brings them onto the deck for an afternoon of gnawing. Also the mid size fallen limbs she can drag up the two steps to deck. The larger limbs she carries around the yard. I let her play with the limbs for a week or two than I cut the big ones up so the garbage truck will take them. Will have to bundle or put in bags the twigs.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  05:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We always have twigs, small limbs and some larger ones falling. I guess that is normal with about 14 trees around the house. So I need to make a plan for my week at home. Since I played yesterday, now I must work.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9576 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9576 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  4:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the problem of not being able to do things out of order. I don't get much done because I always to do something else first. It seems I get a certain plan of how something needs to be done and so if I can't start from what I think is the beginning, I can't seem to start. Same with projects. I don't watch movies or read books that are a series unless I can watch them in order. I know it sounds weird. I seem to spend all my time organizing and I am my own worst enemy.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  09:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ohoh! Today I went out to turn the water on for the horses and it was already on! There is a float system on the trough, but it was running over. I don't know when I turned it on last - Thurs or Fri? Unless the horses owner came over and turned it on yesterday and forgot to turn it off. So heaven knows how much my water bill will be. There is water around the trough but Ed says he doesn't think TOO much ran over, or there would be rivers running through my pasture. I sure hope so.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  12:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are all guilty of leaving water running. We don't have a water bill though.
Our problem is summer watering the long horned critters, sometimes they hook the hose and mess up the floats...what a mess. Then they make big holes around that huge trough. They can get a drink, but the babies can't, so we have to fill supplement tubs with water so they can drink.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  1:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow we are going to Spain and Portugal for two weeks. I will be able to keep in touch as long as I have good WiFi, but if you don't hear from me, I am looking for a hotspot!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  3:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie have a wonderful time.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page