Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  05:31:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the month of March! I love that spring is just around the corner. As a matter of fact, spring will take place on:

March 20 at precisely 6:28 am (EDT).

For most of us gardeners, March is the month where we get serious about planning our gardens. Seed catalogs start filling our mail box, providing us with possibilities.

I'm a four (4) season gal. Each seasons reminds me of the cycle of life. With the crazy weather we have been experiencing, I am also reminded of how fragile Mother Earth is.

Just as a heads up! Some of our fellow henhouse sisters have been mentioned in MaryJanesFarm Sister Issue March 2017:

Across the Fence - Antique Shop find by Quiltee (Linda)
Garden Gate - Garden plan 2017 by YellowRose (Sara)
Stitching and Crafting Room - Dolls for Mozambique by Red Tractor Girl (Winnie)

As for merit badges - Congratulations to Shannon, who has been going to town with earning lots of badges! Yea Shannon!

Let's sit back and enjoy each other's conversations! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 01 2017 09:31:10 AM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  7:52:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay that is great news!
Congratulations wonderful Ladies, keep up the good works.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  8:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have cabbage, broccoli and onions planted.(little plants from Bonnies)
My husband brought in some potting soil so I now have 24 peat pots of cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and one other, sitting on the kitchen table, waiting for a warm place. That is tomorrows project.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  03:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it is definitely feeling like March today. Very windy. We were supposed to have thunderstorms come through yesterday but only had a bit of rain.

My daffodils have bloomed. Really hoping we don't get a frost so we can enjoy them.

Need to get to work preparing my garden but not till the weather is bit more suitable for outside work.

It never fails when the wind is blowing like this it is always on a day I have to take dad out. Lol. He hates when it is windy.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  05:08:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, thanks for calling the Sister Issue to our attention. I scanned through it but missed that section. Congratulations Linda and Winnie.

Marilyn, your garden is off to a good start. I remember those days of wee plants covering my kitchen table. Now I buy only what I can get in a container that day or the next.

Denise, it's windy here so I know what you mean about weather has to be suitable to be outside. Hope the wind settles down when you take your dad out.

Thanks Darlene!

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  06:15:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carole. I have a goal of earning all... or at least as many as possible... by the end of 2018. Sadly I am horrible at applying for them when I should, but thankfully I mark them as I do them!

Congratulations Linda, Sara, and Winnie!!!

I'm still trying to plan out my garden. Last night we got another inch of snow, so I think I have a little more time, hahaha. I want to start my plants indoor mid-March... Just a couple weeks away :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  06:15:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
March is off to a warm start down here in Florida as it was 87 yesterday! Yeh, pretty warm even for us at this time of year. Today is supposed to have some rain and then a cooling down for about 3 days. I want to keep hold of cooler drier weather because Summer is marching closer to fast for me! All of our trees are now leafing out with their new leaves. The city is just gorgeous!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  2:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is cooling down today and the barometric pressure is changing, I feel it.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  2:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have this little bug that doesn't want to leave me alone. I keep repeating this mantra, "My immune system is strong and healthy, ....." but it just hangs on, making me tired and non motivated to do anything useful. Argh!

Pumpkin came home last weekend from school. She needed to be with her family. I think it was sweet of her to drive 6 hours to be with us. We did go to a hockey game on Saturday, as her university team were playing against Plattsburgh. The house was quiet again by Sunday morning. It was wonderful to get a weekend of hugs and some chatting time.

DH has been sick with the flu and now ..... nope I refuse to give in! Sign!

Catch you later!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  4:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

Carole, do you use essential oils? When I got sick about three weeks ago, upper respiratory, asthma/ bronchitis...something I have every winter, I did not go to the doctor. I took olive leaf capsules, zinc and rubbed a combo of essential oils on my chest, neck and bottoms of my feet each night. After three nights my chest was clear and my wheezing gone. I could sleep without puppies barking and whistles screeching. I have continued the essential oils treatments because some kid coughs or sneezes every day. I rub them on my chest before I leave the house each morning. I would rather smell...interesting...than be sick.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  4:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, I do believe in essential oils and their ability to cure our body. However, one of the issues I have is in regards to my body chemistry. I cannot have anything scented. There is something about my body chemistry that amplifies any scent and makes me smell like I've been picking in it for eons! I mean it's intense! I can just imagine how strong I must smell to others. I have not tested essential oils for that reason.

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 02 2017 5:54:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  5:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is sad...I am so sorry.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  2:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister, Bobbie, and I went to Kelly's today and I got herbs to put into containers. The cilantro, basil, spearmint, and sage I had planned on but I couldn't resist the sweet marjoram. This is the first year they have had it. Kelly's grow their own plants in greenhouses in Bogato, the little town my sister, Betty lives in. Bogato is thirty minutes from Paris. I like being able to buy locally grown plants. Besides Paris Kelly has fruit/veg stands in several near by towns,

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  3:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Does Kelly's have a website to show their locations? Sounds wonderful.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I checked and they only have Facebook for each location.

There's one in Mount Pleasant.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kelley-Produce/135452116504139

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  08:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
March winds are hanging in there today. Working inside cleaning, sorting, getting things ready to sell or thrift. Already have 2 boxes for thrift shop in town. Feels good and one of the things I like about Spring is the urge I get to purge.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 04 2017 08:11:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  08:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, you're having a productive day - good for you - doesn't it feel good to thin things out. Don't know why but lately I have been thinking of things as fat or thin. Like a fat kitchen catch all drawer that needs thinning out. If it keeps nagging at me I may get to it sometime this month. I'm in a piddling frame of mind today so nothing seems urgent for me to do.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  5:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Sara it feels great. The problem I have is when I can't sleep and I get up and start doing major projects and about 2 or so in the morning I'll look at the clock and think I had better go to bed or I'll be dragging in the morning. I wish I had all that energy during the day but I do my best when no one is around.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  6:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, my kitchen has a lot of fat in it as well, I need to thin it out more.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  9:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is me Denise. I am much more productive in the mornings and when I am by myself. No one to say, why did you do that, etc.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  05:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
March definitely is going to be a clean-out month for Ed and I at his place. I have to organize my sewing room so I can actually USE it. And Ed and I HAVE to be in a clean-out mood this month at his place, too. His sister from Michigan has been talking about moving down here to live in a spare (21' x 21') room-with-bath that he has off his garage. Well, she called on Thursday night and announced that she was renting out her house and moving down here the middle of April. That's nice, however that room is currently a catch-all room and REALLY FULL of junk, tools, garage sale stuff, his other sister's stuff from when we cleaned out her house last year, etc. That means we have to figure out where we can move-stuff-cram all of that stuff into an already-packed garage and we only have a month to do it. LOL! We will be very busy.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my Linda, you do have a lot of work ahead of you. Be sure to take breaks and rest now and then.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:19:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene I try to keep my kitchen thinned out so it's easier to work in but that one drawer just keeps on gathering things.

Linda I know you and Ed are up to the task.

The carport has a nice storage closet that's fairly neat except for two shelves. I want to clean them off so I can store the extra large paper towels and toilet paper to get them out of my closet and laundry room. I buy them on sale and haven't had to pay full price for either in years.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone has caught the "Spring-cleaning bug"!!! We did A LOT of purging the last few years, with moving so many times... four times in two years! I would like to do some more deep cleaning though! Maybe this week...

Linda - yikes that sounds like a lot to do in a short period of time! I'm sure it will be nice for Ed to have his sister there though!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I buy paper products during the summer, when I have time and energy to chase sales. I have been sharing Kleenex, toilet tissue and paper towels for Baylee's tiny apartment. It just means that she does not have to spend her very limited $$$ in that way. I still have plenty of toilet tissue...but will need to buy a big huge package of paper towels soon. I put shelves above a bath tub...at either end, several years ago. That provides a great place to store toilet tissue.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  06:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I guess my sewing/quilting to-dos will be my rest periods - mini-aprons, swap blocks for my quilt guild, and more aprons for my For Sale items. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page