Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What are you working on - 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on - 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 10

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2017 :  7:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, those new stairs will be nice and sturdy. How long will it take to build new ones.
Your house sounds pretty.
Have a good night everyone.
hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Nov 08 2017 7:45:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  9:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I love your towels, they are beautiful! I bought a set in a little quilt shop several years ago for my friend for Christmas. My mother left some, but they were on various sized feed sacks or perhaps flour sacks. The cotton towels I can purchase at Wal-Mart now we're not available to her.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  10:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara~ I am enjoying your new book chapters and now caught up in the unfolding mystery!! You are doing a great job!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  11:04:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie. It pleases me that my little stories are well received. I do one edit before sending them so they are far from being perfect.

Working on chapter 5 today.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  1:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love cotton flour sack towels. I got a few at the linens corner at First Monday a couple months ago. I need to go back. You have to really look through the huge bins, but I have found some treasures there. I have several blank towels and iron-ons I need to put together to start working on. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  3:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today was a day with Hadlee. Her sister had to work, so she called and asked me to take her to town to run some errands. Then we came home for thirty minutes, so she could get her grandma's lunch ready. Then we went out to the new job site. My son, her dad, had asked her to come sweep the house out. So off we went! After helping her sweep out the master bedroom, bath, closet and utility room, picking up nails, moving pieces of wood, and picking up the trash...we moved to one of the kids rooms. At that point I asked my son how big the house is. 2,500 square feet of living space. Wow! If one of his workers had not come down out of the rafters and began pushing the big broom, I'm not sure she and I would have ever gotten it all done. When you clean your home it has carpet or floor covering and furniture, this was hard cement floors. I think he said we were cleaning up after the electricians and the plumbers (sawdust) and nails their guns had misfired. I used to clean his houses when they were ready to move in...I believe that is more fun than what we did today. Hadlee's back was hurting when we finished, so we came home. So my sewing did not get done, nor cleaning house or laundry or cooking for Thursday...but it was fun to spend time with part of my family and help Hadlee.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 21 2017 3:20:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  7:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still working on the front rooms. The painting is finished on the walls and windows. Finished the windows today and some of the trim is up. We need to get the rest of the trim and get it painted and put up. A few little things will then need done. I still have to paint a couple of doors and decide on curtains and an area rug and then we will be done. Not sure how long before we start the stairs. After twenty years of living here and not much maintenance we have lots on the list to do. It has to wait for time and funds. We do this as both permit. I really am pleased with the floors and colors and all. Two nice new rooms are of course going to make the rest look.....LOL!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  12:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slowly getting the tree to look like Christmas. I bought new lights, white ones, but hubby wants color. I must dig around and try to find some to add to the tree.I cannot proceed until I get all of the lights on. I plan to begin my wellness therapy at the rehab in the morning, after I take my friend to the doctor. Then I'll come home and search for lights.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  05:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn you sure do have a busy day ahead of you. Hope your wellness therapy goes well.

I finished my winter season decorating today. I just can't do the Christmas decorations anymore.

Earlier this year I found a winter scene needle point picture at the Salvation Army. It now hangs on my front porch between the two white wicker chairs. It's cardinals at a feeder covered in snow.

My small collection of stuffed moose and vintage wooden sled are in the kitchen. The moose make me smile so I'm comfortable having them with me as I work in my kitchen. Annie wasn't sure what to make of the almost 3' moose standing on the yellow vintage metal step stool in the corner, but she soon made friends with it. I guess she didn't remember it from last year.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  06:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone!

We managed to get our tree up and decorated on Saturday. The rooms are really coming together. Glad all will be done in time for Christmas.

I am planning to make a gingerbread house this year. We did this last year with the grandchildren and I thought it would be fun to do.

What is everyone else busy doing?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  11:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on Christmas cards and getting ready to go to Washington soon, yay.
I decorated a little but that is all at the moment.
Have a good day!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  12:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene enjoy your trip.

I'm tried to write today but I can't stay focused. My mind flits here and there so I piddle. I did get the living/sitting and my bedroom swept & mopped.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  1:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene,
I hope you enjoy your trip. Are you going for Christmas?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  2:15:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy your trip Darlene!

Sara, sometimes it is good to take a break and the next day we are refreshed and ready to create.

Last night I did spend a bit of time quilting. I really needed to feel grounded. I've been so "all over the place" as of late that I sat myself down and pieced some blocks.

The pattern is called Christmas in the Village by Sweetwater. I'm making it bigger for Pumpkin's full size bed. I have two more rows/column to piece. My goal is to have it finished for Christmas. A surprise gift!

Last night I re-checked my math and realized I had not made enough flying geese. So, I may be piece 22 more flying geese tonight!

Given I hadn't done anything for quite some time (I want to say at least 3 months), It felt great to spend time quilting.

Catch you all later.

Catch you all later

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 04 2017 2:25:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  6:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
What a beautiful treasure that will be for her for years to come. That's one of the things I love about quilts, they last a long time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2017 :  06:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful quilt, Carole!! I am sure your daughter will be thrilled to open it on Christmas.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2017 :  07:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Quilt Carole. Pumpkin will be thrilled.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2017 :  9:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole that is really a pretty pattern and I love the colors in it. Pumpkin will love it.

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  04:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, beautiful quilt. I'm not a quilter but I enjoying watching a quilting show on PBS. Not too long ago the quilt she was working on had white strips in-between pieced pattern in different prints. I don't remember seeing much white in vintage quilts - is using white a new thing?

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  10:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone!

Sara, there does seem to be a resurgence of white/solid background. I often wonder if it is due to the cost of fabric having increased so much in that past 5 years. Solid fabric is close to half the price of printed fabrics. It's just a thought. Personally, I have always liked solid backgrounds.

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 07 2017 10:29:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  10:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty quilt, Carole. I love the solid white and solid black backgrounds in quilts - it lets the pretty colors stand out. The Amish have used pure black backgrounds for years in their colorful quilts - many with solid colors in the pieced blocks.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2017 :  9:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can not do flying geese. I have never been able to get it all perfect like yours, Carole.
My grandmother used white in her quilts. She pieced little tiny snippets of white together, pressed her 'new fabric', then cut her quilt pieces. Recently as I have been cleaning up in the sewing room/house, I had a revelation! The reason I have so much stuff, called fabric and scraps is because I remember how my grandma saved every tiny bit. She lived in the country, did not drive, but after her two cows were milked, the eggs gathered, etc. Her days were spent piecing quilt tops. I also remember how excited she was when someone would bring her some scraps from a sewing room that made ladies dresses. So when Christmas is done, perhaps I will get busy and see a bit and try to use up some scraps myself.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  09:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your comments on the quilt! The top is now fully completed and loaded on Penelope (my longarm). I may tackle it today!

Marilyn, when it comes to flying geese, I make them a quarter inch bigger and trim them to size. I do the same with half square triangles. I find that these two are difficult to get precision. No matter how careful I am with lots of starch, they always came out wonky! So, now I just make them bigger and trim and even with that, they are not perfect! LOL

The finished quilt - add one more row (which is behind the design wall) - Don't mind my coffee cup! lol

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 11 2017 09:56:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  12:03:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it looks perfect to me.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  09:20:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm writing, cleaning house, and piddling. Oh, I almost forgot to say I sit and rest in between. lol

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on - 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page