Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting by a fire with friends - Dec 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a fire with friends - Dec 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2017 :  6:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I thought I would start this thread early given that I have a bit of free time on my hands. As most of you have noticed, my interaction on this forum has been limited. In all honesty, I have a lot going on at the moment, mainly life challenges.

As a result of these ongoing challenges, I have made the decision to pass the Hen Honcho baton to someone who would like to lead this wonderful henhouse. You are all a great group of farmgirls and I feel that it is time for me to step down and allow someone else to take over.

As for the role of Hen Honcho, this is how I viewed it:

- Ensure that everyone is treated fairly and honor their commitments
- Political and religious views are kept to oneself (we do have a variety of beliefs here)
- Forum remains positive and uplifting
- Fun place to be
- Inspirational
- Principle contact with Brian
- Recruiting of new members (of course being open to suggestions)
- Keeping up-to-date with member events (my choice)

I have enjoyed being a part of this henhouse, however it is time for me to step down and allow someone else to take over.

Any volunteers?

I will lead the henhouse until December 31, 2017. I will also take care of the transfer with Brian.

Regards,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2017 :  8:18:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole, Are you staying in the Henhouse though!
You have done a marvelous job here, I sure hope things get to working out better for you.

We love you.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2017 :  8:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
Thank You so much for all the time and effort you have put into our hen house. You have been an amazing Hen Honcho and a friend and blessing to each and every member here. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and heart and pray that life settles down for you soon.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  04:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole you are in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Thank you for being such a fantastic leader and for being a friend to me when I needed one. I will always be grateful for the times you reached out to me by phone and I heard your voice saying "Sara how are you?". Carole I'm hanging on to my peace and that is what I hope for you - peace of mind; peace of body; and peace of spirit.

When Linda invited me to join SPG Henhouse you welcomed me and so did everyone else. The spirit of this henhouse came from the top, you Carole, your warmth and energy spilled over onto all of us. Thanks again for being here for us and now I want to be here for you when you need to reach out and talk.

Whichever of the women steps up to be our leader she will have a wonderful example to follow. I will support and help her. She will lead by your example and at the same time do it in her own way and style.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  04:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole you have been such a wonderful role leader for all of us. Thank you for always being there for me when we have to let a farmgirl go on her life's journey and for the help of welcoming in a new hen to the house. It is always good to talk with you and your help is very much appreciated. I hope the very best for you in your new journey, but I do hope you stay with us. Always thinking of you. Take care.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  12:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you Carole for all that you have done for our group the past few years! You have given us a lot of stability and organization and I appreciate all that you have done. I do hope your life changes will allow you to still be here and participate as much as you can. Best wishes for new endeavors, whatever they might be and thank-you!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  6:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Carole, for everything you have done for and with henhouse members. It has been great getting to know you through the henhouse chatter. We all know that our lives change and sometimes we have to step back to help ourselves. I hope you will remain a member of the henhouse and participate when you can. Good luck to you!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2017 :  12:14:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
You have been a wonderful hen hencho for this hen house. I appreciate the time you have taken to check in when dad passed and such. I know that sometimes life gets to busy and we have to step back and that is okay. We all have those times. I just want you to know I appreciate all you do here. Hope to still see you here as much as you can be.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2017 :  11:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, we will miss having you as the as the leader of this awesome group of friends. Thank you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  2:12:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your lovely comments and for your support. It means a lot to me.

Last weekend I headed to Albany, NY (3 hours south of me) to have lunch with my little Pumpkin and a friend. I didn't get to see her at Thanksgiving, so it was nice to see her and get lots of hugs. After our lunch date, I headed on over to the mall and did a bit of wondering around. I'm really NOT a shopper, but I will admit it was nice to feel the Christmas energy.

Aside from that, not much is going on. I say not much, well, I will be delivering my first ever sermon at the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship ... I've been getting ready for that. Although I have experience in public speaking, I've never delivered a sermon before, so this is really pushing my comfort zone. As they say, there's a first for everything. Today was busy meeting with the worship team, lunch with a friend and afterwards a Dr apt ... a full day indeed. Wow, just checked their website and I'm on the front page! lol

http://uuplattsburgh.org

So, what have you all been up to? Are you done with your Christmas shopping?

Catch you all later!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 06 2017 4:37:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  7:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole,
You have been busy. I applaud you for being able to get up and speak in front of a lot of people.
Checked out the website. I'm sure you will do well Carole. Great topic too!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  9:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, you will do a good job of speaking there. You are good at what you do. Thanks for being on here. Have a good time with Pumpkin, and enjoy the break.
Take care
hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2017 :  06:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you, Carole, for pushing yourself out of your comfort zone to do something you feel called to try! It does take courage to enter public speaking as I had the same struggles when I first started doing teaching in nursing and then doing presentations at big conferences. It really is a skill that can be learned from just doing it over and over and learning from your mistakes and making changes to how you approach the challenge. Good Luck!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2017 :  07:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Carole, for stepping out of your comfort zone. You have spoken before, and you will do very well with this new opportunity.

I have never been one who liked to speak in front of a group - even a class of my peers. My only speaking like that was as president of my local Altrusa club for a year, and I even had to speak twice at the yearly Conference as chair of one of the award committees.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2017 :  09:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is St. Nicholas Day. Did any of you celebrate this day growing up? My Mom's mother was German and so she always celebrate the day. In one of her life journal accounts, she tells how her Uncle Quincy would always dress up and come to the door right after it got dark. If you had been a good girl, he would give you a little treat and it also meant he would be back on Christmas to fill your stocking, providing you had still been good the rest of December. When my children were little, we would celebrate this saint day a bit more like the other European countries. The girls would leave their shoes outside and a carrot for St. Nicholas's horse. St. Nicholas also came to gather their golden wishes and prayers to take back to Mary who was weaving a golden blanket for her baby's arrival. Before bedtime, we would go over what were their golden wishes and prayers for St. Nicholas to take back.

In the morning, they would find their shoes filled with a few candies, some pistachio nuts)a favorite of them both) and maybe a very small gift like a religious based ornament or perhaps some fun Christmas socks to wear all month.

Today, I joined a friend of mine who is doing an Instagram # St. Nicholas Day Stroll" by just sending her an email with my photos. I am not on IG but that doesn't matter. Here is what I shared.

If you celebrate St. Nicholas Day, I would love to hear what your traditions were.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2017 :  10:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, what a beautiful tradition! Thank you or sharing. I so enjoy reading about holiday traditions.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2017 :  3:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is a very nice tradition, Winnie. I hadn't heard of St. Nicholas Day.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  12:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A wonderful tradition to have and to celebrate Winnie. I have heard of St.Nicholas day and the background. Have always thought it was interesting. Love to hear of the many different traditions celebrated during this season.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  1:51:49 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
GRRR! I finished putting the lights on my non-traditional tree, after checking the lights first, and when they were all on (took me almost an hour) only half of each string lights up. These are older but never used lights, and I have no replacement bulbs for them, so they will probably go into the trash! Just one more thing to make me not want to decorate this year. At least I have Christmas cards and mini Christmas aprons to decorate with.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  3:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, so sorry the lights didn't work out for you.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  4:13:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is so frustrating, Linda!! I am so sorry you put all that time into the tree only to have it mess up. Post a photo of your little Christmas aprons. I bet they are really cute and I would love to see them!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  1:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Light issues! That is why I purchased two feels of LED lights...300 each, at Home Depot. Only problem my husband said Christmas lights should be colored. So after 600 tiny white lights I added 100 colored ones and he is happy.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  2:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think I am throwing away all my older Christmas lights. I hate the ones where one light goes out and a bunch go out - you can rarely find the ONE that is causing the problem. LOL! The LED ones now are longer lasting (supposedly), brighter, and less energy used.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2017 :  06:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda here's to you getting your tree lit!!!

Yesterday my sister Betty and I went to an estate sale held by the men who own the antique shop close to me. It's a lot more fun to go to a sale when you know the people holding it. Doc one of the men (he has quite a personality so he may show up in one of my stories)knows I collect cream and green enamelware so as soon as I got there he showed me the pieces out in the garage. I bought a large deep bowl, a large rectangle pan that now holds my kitchen towels and three little bowls. The item I'm most proud of is a child's cream and green enamelware tea kettle. It must have belonged to a set.

Also found a vintage picture of a sailing ship in the dark teal blue color I collect. It now hangs in my living/sitting room.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2017 :  07:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara,
That sounds like a fun sale!
Nice things you got and I bet that childs tea kettle sounds really nice.

Have a good day.

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2017 :  07:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Those are great finds, Sara. WOW!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a fire with friends - Dec 2017 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page