Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 10

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  12:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Wishing you and your loved ones a marvelous New Year. May 2017 bring you all that your heart desires or better!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  01:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAPPY New Year. I hope 2017 will be a good year for everyone with good health, more than enough money, happiness, gratitude, friendships old and new, etc. God bless you all.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  04:32:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year! May the Lord bless us by meeting our needs and giving us a little of what we want.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  07:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year! May we each find ourselves more grateful for every blessing we have, more willing to help bless others, and more content to trust and lean on God <3 I'm so thankful for each of you!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  09:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year 2017! Here's to greater organization/de-cluttering, healthy lifestyles, and lots of visiting with friends either in person or on-the-road.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  10:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I hope you are feeling better these days!

Happy New Year wishes to everyone here at SPG! We are so lucky to have the friendship and support of our HenHouse.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  1:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to you all!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  06:45:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took all the decorations down yesterday. Sorted through and downsized a bit. Tree is coming down tonight when ds, Jbear gets home from work. He always takes care of that. Today I need to clean up my room. It always seems to be the site of havoc at the holidays due to being the center for gift wrapping and such. I decided that as long as we had all the tubs up from the basement for Christmas decor that I would go through all my holiday tubs, Spring/Summer, Fall and Christmas and sort and downsize. Also figure as long as I am doing that we will bring up all the tubs and do some major downsizing. I have come to the place that I would rather have a few things to put touches of holiday instead of a ton that I only bring out for a short time anyway. I downsized some last year too.
I have loads of canning jars with the bale and wire type closures. I think I may use those for gifting bath salts or cookie mixes, etc. But I don't want them cluttering the basement. Any way, that is what is happening in my little corner today.
How about you gals? What are you up to?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 02 2017 07:12:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  07:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, you have been busy. Downsizing is hard work but so rewarding and freeing.

I've been up since 5a.m. but taking things slow. Made my bed; a load of laundry in the dryer; washed dishes from yesterday; read my Bible and watched Joyce Myers on TV; watched a little Fox News and part of a mystery on TCM.

Later I hope to iron, sweep & mop kitchen floor, and take a nap.

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  07:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year to all! Been busy this morning, hoping to watch the Rose Parade in a little bit! Several years ago I was blessed to be able to go to out to work on a couple of floats. It amazing to see them up close and personal. So much time goes into them from the planning to the completion.
Praying you all have a wonderful 2017!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  07:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I decided I was not quite finished with one tub I had gone through so I am doing that one again. Hoping to let more go.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  08:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping to finish unpacking my bedroom today... it is also my crafting room for right now. I have about half of it done. Once it is done, I need to finish up our bathroom, and then down in the basement - the school and playroom.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  08:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I need to do what you are doing, but I am pressing fabric and cutting squares to mail tomorrow. This is my last day off, so I must listen for and obey when the alarm goes off tomorrow.
Ruth a friend of mine and her sister gave their mom a trip to the parade for Christmas. She is 85. They have had three sight seeing & seeing how the floats are decorated days, leading up to this morning.
Hopefully my afternoon will be spent organizing my crafting supplies.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  09:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ruth - How were you able to get involved with the decorating of the floats? Ed and I were just saying that going to the Rose Bowl Parade is one thing on our Bucket List. There is so much work involved in decorating them. Love seeing them - watching the parade now.

Marilyn - did they get grandstand seats too? I need to find more info on attending the parade.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  11:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I took my tree down today and organized my storage box. Since I have already downsized much of my home decorations, not much of that happened. I just finished going through several closets and took three large sacks to the thrift store on Saturday. We are planning on updating our kitchen soon and that will bring about more sorting and eliminating as it all gets torn apart for awhile. I do have a love of pottery and need to part with some of it. I find that especially hard as I enjoy using it still. I used to have a lot of seasonal dishes but these days, I find that using them all the time is sort of more work that I really want to do. Again, when we end up doing the kitchen repairs, it will be an opportunity to rethink that stuff.

I watched a bit of the Rose Bowl parade at the gym and the floats were just amazing and beautiful!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Winnie -

So nice that you were at the gym today. Today my exercise was helping carry a neighbor's grandkid's new Christmas trampoline (a large one) home. Last night we had heavy winds and an inch of rain in the wee hours of the morning. They had left the trampoline out and it ended up at the far end of my pasture up against a tree.

Closets are on the agenda for this week and so is starting on the boxes in my garage that haven't been gone through or touched - much - since I sold my house in Richardson 2 years ago. There is a lot I don't need in those boxes.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  2:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is funny that when we put things in storage, somehow they lose some of their importance to us, or get replaced by something else. I look at those boxes or tubs as treasure for grand daughters one day. I do need to sort though and take out the pure junk. I have so much Christmas stuff that is packed away. I think it will be a spring break "selecting" opportunity for them. They can choose
, wrap and pack away what they like, for their future homes. I will still have to store it, but I will not have to dread going through it all.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  3:28:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda, I have a good friend, that at that time was one of the Floral Designers, but is no longer doing it. But I have friends that are out there right now that worked on the floats. They said they applied on line. The "Barn" we worked in was the Phoenix Company, and we (the worker bees) were called Petal Pushers :)! It's alot of work, but so interesting to be a part of it. Connie said there were 5,000 volunteers there! Not sure where they all were working. The Barn we worked in had several floats in it, 5 that I remember, but know there were more. I can ask Sue if you are unable to find how to volunteer. But I would start early, as they are already planning floats for next year! They said they start the design the 2nd of January, right after the Parade is over. My one regret is not seeing all the horses in person, and we were very close to where they were!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  3:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just went to the Phoenix site, registration starts in June, 2017. They have two barns to sign up for. I think I worked in the Rosemont. Hope you get to do it if you really want to :)!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  05:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't get everything put away as I had hoped. Just need to get the bins we have left back to the basement and run the sweeper in the family room. I did manage to get some paperwork done in the midst of it all so my bedroom is on today's agenda again. I always dislike when I don't get my list completed for the day but that is life. I am definitely in the cleaning out mode, hope I can keep it going. Also have some crafty things I need to get done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  07:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bedroom got done yesterday, except for hubby's corner ;) He truly needs a bookshelf for all his counseling things... maybe in the future that can happen. Today I want to tackle and finish unpacking and organizing downstairs, which is our school room and play room. I did manage to make a recipe binder to keep my printed recipes in, so I was happy to be able to do some crafting as well :)

Marilyn - hope you were able to get up with your alarm this morning ;) That was what my children always want for their birthdays and Christmases... Lee got one for his birthday from his aunt, and the older two girls got one together from Brad and I, so they should be set now... My sister refers to them (my children) as "sick puppies" for wanting alarm clocks to wake them up in the morning, hahahahaha

I have never watched the Rose Parade!!! I'll have to look for pictures to see what you ladies are referring to

Denise - nicely done! You may not have been able to cross it off your list yesterday, but you accomplished a lot and should be proud of that :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9579 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9579 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  09:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Shannon! I see I am not the only busy one.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  2:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did get up. Yea. I did not want to,but I did. The little ones were funny...They were all a bit afraid, and clung to parents. Of course that did not last long, and soon they were playing together. After work I went to the bank, then Wal-Mart for duct tape and packing tape, the feed store for chicken feed. Then to get my car inspected,...second time there...because they were so busy. Then back down town to get my tags, where the line was especially long because grandma's were transferring titles to grand kids, etc. Then I went to the most expensive post office in the country...My second time there today also. The first time I was there a man counted heads and told me I was #11, with one postman working. So I said I would return later. My fabric envelopes, all seven of them had to be weighed, and he had to apply postage sperately.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 03 2017 2:15:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  2:40:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you have had a really hard day Marilyn!!! Glad you were able to get up with your alarm :)

Things here have gone pretty haphazardly! I have gotten a few "emergency" phone calls today, where someone either needs medical suggestions (ie what essential oils can be used for headaches and for a baby wheezing) or urgent prayer requests. Go has had me where He wanted me today!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  3:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is always interesting to look back on our days and see just how God used us. I had made my list for the afternoon...but it really got changed about. I knew He was redirecting my path...but I am not sure who needed kind words and a smile the most...the postman, the older DMV lady, the overwhelmed guy at the inspection place or the girl at Sonic where I got a mini chicken nugget order at 2:30 pm. I just know that everyone needs to be treated with respect.
He was really using you today Shannon.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Jan 03 2017 3:27:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2017 :  3:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both needed a smile with what they deal with everyday.

Looking back on my day the Lord dealt with me about letting go of a jacket I've held on to for way to long. It's taken him months of getting me to see it his way. I wrestled with all the reasons we come up with not to let something go. It cost too much to begin with; I just had to have it and then I realized it wasn't me - I wanted the image on the site and I'm not that image. So, I held on to it hoping one day I would put it on it would be right for me. Well, I tried again today and it still wasn't a good fit style-wise so it went into the Salvation Army pile. It felt so good to let go of that turquoise suede jacket.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire with friends - January 2017 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page