Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the porch enjoying an August 2016 day!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch enjoying an August 2016 day! Next Topic
Page: of 6

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  08:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I am sitting here hoping to get my brain working this morning. It isn't working, you all have a wonderful day!

Love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  08:54:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene are you ok???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  09:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
GRRRRRR! I just lost 4 paragraphs here that I had typed. Well, let me try again.

Today I have finished the binding on 2 quilts so far, and hope to finish a third if I can find where I put the fabric for it. The third quilt has been on my bed for 1-1/2 years without the binding, so I'm sure I put it in a safe place. Now to find it. LOL! I usually keep the binding fabric with the quilt, but since this quilt has been in use, it isn't with it.

Tonight I am picking up 3 quilts from one of my long-arm quilters at my quilt guild meeting. Since I'm on a roll with binding, maybe I should do them tomorrow. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  12:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Linda, you are on a roll.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  12:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep! For a change. We will be gone again for almost 2 weeks in September, so I am trying to get a jump on things. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  2:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yo have really been busy this year.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  2:59:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene - you okay?????

Linda - way to go!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  3:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole - just saw your post. sorry! Still waiting... on everything. We have an offer on a house... but the inspection is tomorrow. We are waiting to hear how that goes. It is a short sale, so nothing is in writing yet :/ And of course the military has not yet given us orders. Hard to believe we fought so hard to stay in and are now fighting to get out.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  4:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, did you find a home near Sheridan, Wyoming?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  5:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - It is about two hours from Sheridan.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9588 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9588 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  5:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, glad to hear things are moving forward for you.

Darlene, hope you are doing ok.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  6:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, were you able to get some land, or acres with your house?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  6:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I was not sitting, but walking around taking pictures and stepped past a tree only to look up to see two big military choppers right over head. I heard what I thought was one, not two going whoop whoop whoop over head. Scared me to pieces. They were very low, too low for my comfort.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  6:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, were they on some sort of exercise? Being so close to the border, we often have border patrol speeding towards the border and/or choppers flying around.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  7:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what they were doing. We are not near a border. They may have landed at our local airport. Back during the Vietnam war there was a traing base about forty miles away. We lived right in the flight path then. They came in droves, night and day. They would spot light us at night when we were outside. Crazy. Those back then were small choppers, not these big things.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  7:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Shannon -
It's nice to hear that you found a place in Wyoming. All I remember about driving in the motorhome through Wyoming in May was that it was REALLY WINDY. Felt like it was going to blow us over. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  8:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My son loves Wyoming, especially the Sunlight Basin, Cody and Sheridan areas. They spent a couple of days in Cody and the Sunlight Basin again this year.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  08:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone,

Lovely day today! Fridays is usually my "breakfast treat" day where I head on over to our local coffee shop and enjoy a ham and Swiss cheese croissant grilled to perfection with a latte. However, having the house to myself just sort of made me want to stay at home! Maybe tomorrow, as dh will surely be working in his workshop. He's on vacation and makes noise early morning!

Yesterday afternoon was humid and hot (we did have a bit of rain). Focusing on my goal, I managed to find the motivation to go for my power walk/jog. OMG, it was brutal! There were some sort of flies/large gnats all over the place. I had never seen a swarm like those of pesky dipteran in my area! They were all over the place, making it difficult to dodge them. I definitely jogged with my mouth closed! Not sure they were the edible kind! But .... I did it! Hurry for me! Hopefully tonight they will no longer be around.

Not wanting to sound morbid, but lately, I have become more aware of my mortality and thus have this need to clean out or finish off quilting projects. So last Saturday I took an inventory of all the UFOs (I do keep a word document of all my projects) and decided to start finishing them. I wouldn't want to leave a mess for someone else to clean. I remember the guild president mentioning how much she felt pressured to finish her deceased mother's UFOs. Sadly, who knows if her mother's UFO were quilts she was passionate about or just something she couldn't bare to throw out? So, I'm cleaning and working on the quilts I want to finish and getting rid of the things I no longer want. Some, will just have to become smaller quilts/projects! lol

Well, I best be getting busy! Enjoy your day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 26 2016 10:40:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  08:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am several years older than you but my summer project, cleaning house, was actually throwing out massive collected stuff. Papers, and things I no longer use, so my family will have less to get rid of someday. I only have one room inside that I haven't touched yet, actually it is a storage room and the then there is the sewing house out back. It will have to wait until daytime temps are in the 70s. I have two applique quilts ready to stitch down, and I need to get busy on them. So much to do and so little time.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  10:31:01 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My goal this year is also cleaning out. The garage and my sewing room both need to wait until cooler weather comes to Texas, so they will wait for me for a while, I'm sure. I went through cleaning out my parents house after they passed away and would like to not leave that much for my son to go through. However, I will put a note on my quilting room to call certain people to come and distribute as necessary so the fabric goes to good people or places to be loved and enjoyed.

Then there is the UFOs. I've already submitted several I completed this year for all three levels of the MJF UFO Merit Badge. I cut the binding for the 2 Minion quilts I just got back from a long-arm quilter, and this afternoon will cut binding for the Star Wars quilt. I hope to finish all of these this afternoon and will have birthday or Christmas presents (not sure which yet) ready for my three grandsons. All three of these were supposed to be for last Christmas, but - hey - life got in the way of completing them. LOL! I also "inherited" a lot of UFOs (including 7 quilts I finished to give to her grandkids and husband 2 years ago) from my cousin when she passed away 3 years ago - a LOT of projects - some small and some larger. I had a list of over 100 in various stages of completion - some only kits or fabric and pattern, but lost it when my computer crashed years ago. I guess I need to make another.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6093 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6093 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  11:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is what I want to do as well, I have been going through things but need to do a lot more.
I need to finish different UFO's as well.

Have a good day!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  11:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, you have really been busy Linda. I wish I was as motivated as you. Today, I was busy when Hadlee called to plan my midday for me. She needed a ride to town, with stops for lunch and Wal mart. I had eggs to deliver, so after a Sonic stop, I dropped them at Wal mart and drove down the street to leave the eggs and picked them up ten minutes after I left them...My husband did not think I
could do it. Hadlee is going with her mom's best friend to watch the friend's daughter play volleyball. An overnight outing with friends. I hope she has fun. School seems to be good. They have learned how to shampoo...their manikin hair, as well as each other's hair. Thursday they learned how to part and section hair for perms. She seems excited. Yea. Now back to sorting and tossing. We had a bit of rain too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  3:47:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boy you girls make me feel bad. I too need to do some cleaning out and it was my goal this summer for one room that really needs it, but that did not happen. Life is just to busy right now. I am working on two quilts for a friend who is having twins, so I have to get them finished in the next month. Working on items for the Vintage Soul booth always and just dealing with Shelby starting to school this week has been busy, Markie on vacation so I have been taking care of her dogs (small horses is what they look like). Went to Dallas on Monday, Out of town on Wednesday with the hubby. Just a crazy week around here. Trying to get back on track and get a few things finished. Take care everyone. Have a good one.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  6:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone is busy as always. I too have been doing a bit of a clean out. After awhile it just seems like some things need to go. This week it felt like fall most days, upper 60's during the day and one night it got down to 48. That is my favorite temps, so I was in heaven and busy getting much needed outside chores done. Cleaned the garage and got it pressure washed and worked on getting my potting room cleaned in the barn, I have a long ways to go on that though. M garden continues to give us an abundance of produce so canning every couple of days is pretty normal right now. Salsa was n the canner today and dill relish will be on the menu tomorrow. I have a long list yet to finish before the next harvest. Have a great weekend everyone.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2016 :  7:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Busy is good. It makes the days go quickly, sometimes too quickly.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the porch enjoying an August 2016 day! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page