Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Setting up guidelines for our henhouse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Setting up guidelines for our henhouse Next Topic
Page: of 3

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  12:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have been hosting fabric-related swaps in the Swap Section and would welcome ANY of you to join in. We have a great group that participates in them, and several are members of this henhouse, too. I'd love to have more of you join in.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  12:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I will look it up.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  1:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, Darlene - So far we've traded 10" squares of Christmas, patriotic, Boys-themed, Valentines, Easter, and now girls fabrics. I got my Christmas top put together - still needs a border. Here's a picture.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  1:28:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I really like that pattern, and have not seen any like it! Does it have a name? I have three quilts that I must finish before I even think about any more :(! Your fabric swaps sound like so much fun... But.... Unfinished projects stress me, and I don't like stress :)!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  1:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A quilt with sashing like this was posted by another of the Christmas swappers, and I liked the look, too. I figured out what the piece lengths would be for our 10" squares and posted the measurements so others could also make it. The darker partial frame makes the squares "pop" from the other sashing and I like it!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  5:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Linda!!

Connie-Killarney
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  7:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It kind of looks like a shadow kind of pattern, it is really pretty!
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  8:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Yes, shadowing with the 2 sashings

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  10:08:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remind me of the difference of Sashing and binding?
It is a beauty!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  05:27:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ladies, could we stay "on topic" please?!

Linda, why don't you start a new thread with pictures of your gorgeous creations using your 10" square exchange.

Thanks for your understanding.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 29 2016 05:45:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  05:40:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No problem, Carole. Great idea. I will start that in the Stitching Room category. Sorry we got off track.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 29 2016 05:41:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2016 :  5:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with all the comments I have read so far. For now if I don't participate very much it is because of family needs. Trying to post and show how much I enjoy all of you is difficult at times, but I will do my best to keep in touch. I sure do find lots of encouragement and peace here with all of you. It is wonderful to find such a great group of ladies to spend time with.

Carole, thanks for being a great head honcho. It's lots of fun here.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Mar 29 2016 5:33:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2016 :  09:50:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So glad you joined us, Brenda. Take care of yourself and your family. We are here for you.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  10:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for your comments. The goal of a "posting guideline" is not to stress people out about making sure they post, but about having a presence. What I mean by a presence, is interacting with the group, letting us know how you are doing, posting projects you are working on, etc. The beauty of an online group is that you can catch up at any time. Unlike physical chapters, the time commitment is flexible!

Sometimes we are eager to belong to a group, but lack commitment. What you get from the henhouse is what you put into it; it's like a friendship. If you have nothing to contribute, the friendship will slowly wither away.

I think we have great energy going in our henhouse. And I feel, with time, those that are not committed to contributing and interacting, will slowly wither out. And that's ok. Like Winnie said, a henhouse is meant to be more on a personal interaction level.

Your thoughts, ideas on the above will greatly be appreciated!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Apr 01 2016 07:43:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2016 :  11:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Carole! I have noticed on the main forum there are thousands of members, but generally it is the same hundred or so that post. Seasons of life change. Sometimes people are able and want/need to be on the boards, and sometimes other things in life are more pressing. I think the same holds true for here on the HenHouse. I am very thankful for the opportunity to be apart of it, though the season of my life right now is chaotic at best!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  03:58:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, Shannon, this hen house is a lifeline for me as well. No matter where I am or what crazy hour of the day it is, I can reach out and there you all are!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  07:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Amen, sisters.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  1:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I second that Amen, Linda!

Connie-Killarney
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  6:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love you girls...Thanks for letting me come in.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  10:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really glad you are here with us Bonnie.

Hugs and blessings to you all too!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  05:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am jumping in to say that I absolutely love being here with all of you as well! It is a great place of sharing and support of each other and we have such a wonderful virtual community.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  06:03:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I joined MJF last April, almost immediately I received a Welcome Card from Winnie, and it made me feel all warm inside. Then through swaps I met Linda O., Then met her in person. She is so nice. Through other swaps I have "gotten to know" many of the remainder of our group. When I received my welcome packet from Sherry I was in awe. This is one creative, crafty lady. Now I must admit that when I was invited into this group and said yes, I had no clue what it was all about. I had not explored all of the website. I guess we could say I was groping about in the dark, trying g to find a light switch or a door to open. Finally I began to understand more. Linda told me to subscribe to swaps, etc. WOW, what a difference. As I checked in, I began to comment and get to know these new friends better. I am so thankful that I finally 'got a clue', before I was sent away, because this is a great bunch of ladies. I love, admire and appreciate you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  06:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for letting me be a part of this wonderful hen house. Always fun to get on here and read about what everyone is doing.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  10:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad you posted about running ideas past you where the group is concerned. Also, when someone has been away from the group for awhile and who contacts them and such.
Thanks

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2016 :  12:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, thank you for your input. I am always looking for ways to improve and I would love for you to clarify for me this statement:

"Now I must admit that when I was invited into this group and said yes, I had no clue what it was all about. I had not explored all of the website. I guess we could say I was groping about in the dark, trying g to find a light switch or a door to open. Finally I began to understand more. Linda told me to subscribe to swaps, etc. WOW, what a difference. As I checked in, I began to comment and get to know these new friends better. I am so thankful that I finally 'got a clue', before I was sent away, because this is a great bunch of ladies. I love, admire and appreciate you."

Are you talking about the henhouse or the main forum? I ask because I have a procedure for new members that I follow (which you were privy). My first e-mail letting them know that I have taken care of certain stuff. Once you are programmed, I send another e-mail explaining how things work around here. If I understand correctly, my second e-mail may not be clear enough for new members?

Please let me know. I am always looking for ways to improve how a new member should be welcomed. I am looking into revising the first e-mail to include the participation topic as well as include it in the second e-mail.

If anyone else would like to chine in, please do. Thanks a bunch!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Apr 02 2016 12:07:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Setting up guidelines for our henhouse Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page