Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 fireside chat - March 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic fireside chat - March 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 6

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  05:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love hearing and seeing what other SPG are experiencing as Spring unfolds at your homes. Connie, I love this photo you included of your yard and flowering trees. Old Man Winter is on the run!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9596 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9596 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  08:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blooms are showing up here too! I noticed we have a lot more daffodils and my hyacinths are finally bloomed too.
We have lots of buds on the magnolia and I am hoping we don't lose them. I actually heard we are supposed to get a coating of snow again.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  09:46:37 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Two of the six horses that are on my property, not mine, are pregnant. One of them is due any day according to their owner. I've had 3 Colts born on my property so far. Hopefully this one will be soon. I love seeing the new little horses. They are Tennessee Walkers.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 16 2016 09:47:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  11:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wade, my son has two new babies. One is three weeks old. He named her "A Cowboys Cowgirl, the other one was born early Saturday morning. They are so cute as they dance about on their long delicate legs.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  1:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda and Marilyn, how exciting to see the new babies!! Awwwwww I just love to watch horses. I have never owned one, But I just adore my neighbors ponies. Rebecca Teal who writes "Here's the Thing" on the last page of MJF magazine, has horses. She posts some of the prettiest pictures on Face book of them.
High of 78 today! sunny , not a cloud in the sky!

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  09:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top of the morning to you,

Happy St Patrick's day! Always a pleasure to catch up. Things have been busy around here, mainly due to my having to buy a new laptop for Fibre. The old laptop was so sllooooow, that I really needed to do something about it. Goodness, I think it was over 6 years old, never mind that I was running Office professional 2000 for XP. Of course everything was fine for what I needed to do with it. It takes time to reload all your programs and files .... and of course clean things out while you're at it. I do like my new laptop for work, it's also a touch screen. Still getting used to it all.

Aside from new laptops, not much is going on. I've been working .... read .... focusing on getting projects done. It weighs a lot to have all of these various projects not completed. As soon as I have them completed, I'll post them on the "what are you working on thread". It will be a weekend end of machine quilting for me, that is, Penelope and I have a date! lol

I haven't been feeling my best. I cannot seem to shake this cold that I have. My dh was in bed with it for 2 days straights and he's still not 100% after two weeks. I have managed to keep it at bay, but barely. I cannot seem to shake this sore throat! Oh well, Chicken soup and early bed is what I've been doing.

Enjoy the day!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  1:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole, maybe all that working to get your computer back up and running wore you down. You take care of yourself and do eat some good chicken soup. Take care
Enjoy the day,

hugs and love

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  2:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear you've been sick, Carole. My BF and I have been fighting allergies here, too. We can't seem to shake them. Hope you both are better soon.

I think your laptop is my laptop's sister. Mine needs replacing - the case is falling apart, the battery is shot - I can't use her without plugging her in, and she is also running Office 2000 and Windows 7. I really don't like Windows 10, and don't know if my QuiltPro and EQ6 will run on 10.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  9:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, please take care of yourself. Don't try to do too much. Just let yourself heal.
Happy st. Pat's day everyone.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  03:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Carole. When an illness drags on like that it really wears on your spirit. Hope you feel better soon!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  05:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I hope you can shake off this illness soon. It is very exhausting to have something drag on and on like that. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  2:52:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the little four year old boys in my class has been asking me to bring some baby chicks and ducks to school. Today was the day. Hadlee and I bought two cute little brown ducks and five little Rhode Island Red pullets at Tractor supply yesterday. They were a hit. One little boy asked if they were real. Little siblings also got to hold one. Of course we used hand sanitizer on each child, then they had to walk down the hall and wash with soap and water. It was fun.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  7:16:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet that was cute! How nice for the children Marilyn.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  7:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope your feeling better soon Carole, it does seem to hang on a long time doesn't it. Winter is back this week, I have 6 inches of wet heavy snow on my deck and it keeps falling. It was a perfect day to bake bread today and spend the day reading.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  11:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Always a pleasure to catch up on henhouse news! The cold is still hanging around. I think it likes me! . Did go to the Dr on Monday and my lungs are clear, that is a good thing. But goodness, it just wears me out. I lose steam by around 5:30 p.m. and need to vegge! Much to early to hit the sack!!

We had a little morning surprise.

I so enjoy spring! It always springs surprises on you! lol

Not much going on here in terms of fun news. My computer is still not fully loaded ... like none of the henhouse stuff has been transferred yet. I seem to be a double lap top person these days.

It does make me look productive! lol One think I know is that I cannot stand the photo software that comes with Windows 10. I much prefer XP! I don't know why they have to complicate things. Sometimes it's a good thing to leave stuff alone! lol

I've been busy working on shop samples. Quilting keeps me sane in a world that is somewhat insane!

Well best be getting back to work! Keep well everyone! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 25 2016 09:40:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  11:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know - 10 is not good when you have had XP. I don't like 8 either, but they say 10 is better than 8. I may keep photos on an external hard drive or something f it is that bad. Good luck.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  11:40:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your snow pictures are beautiful. Did you expect it, or was it a total surprise. It seems like we almost missed winter here in Texas. That usually means lots of insects in the summer.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2016 :  11:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, for me, the weather is always a surprise because I don't check it! lol I don't think this one was mentioned. Given that the temperature was around 32F, the snowflakes are fat and it makes it look like lots of inches of snow, but it's really just fluffy! lol Great snow for building a snowman! Having said that, spring always brings surprises. I don't ever recall not having a huge snow storm on April 1.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  09:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ny mother told me once that in Illinois we had a big snow on Easter Sunday one year when I was little.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  11:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was three and my baby brother was three months old it snowed on April 10th, knee deep on me. North Texas.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  5:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, Hope you are feeling better! No fun to be sick anytime.
We had snow on the first day of Spring! Remembering that we had a blizzard in the Atlanta area on April 1 several years ago. Spring is back today, so got a good bit of yard work done :)! Tomorrow I am taking a friend to Atlanta for a doctor's appointment, so it will be a long day! Having breakfast a a little Mom and Pop place that she found on the Internet. We haven't been yet, but it looks great. Will let you know :)!
Happy Good Friday to you all!

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6096 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6096 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2016 :  7:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is deep for a little tiny one. and cold too.
I remember deep snows when I was little in Arvada Colorado, west of Denver.
I didn't like it much then either.:D

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  03:37:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I Hope you start to feel better. It is exhausting when something hangs on. Allergies and sinus here are awful and for me seem to get worse every year. The older I get the less I bounce back. The snow looks beautiful and peaceful. The weather in the Carolinas has really been gorgeous. It is suppose to pour this weekend, of course we are celebrating our huge outdoor Easter party. Maybe we can work around it! Happy Easter weekend gals! Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2016 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, we all need a huge dose of sunshine and spring. Hope it comes and you feel better soon.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2016 :  1:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a link to something I posted in Across the Fence about some neat thrift store finds Ed and I got on Saturday. I especially love his Hoosier cabinet - all METAL! - and would have gotten it for MY house if I had any place to put it. LOL!
http://maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=73812

Nice day here today. Am getting tax stuff together for my appt. on Wednesday, but not looking forward to it since I am going to owe LOTS this year and who wants to pay taxes?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic fireside chat - March 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page