Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Fireside chat - January 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside chat - January 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 9

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  05:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How lucky you are to be living close enough to get together!! Enjoy the outing and looking forward to some photos!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  08:27:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a fun time!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  08:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Denise & Amy! What fun! Do tell all and take pictures!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  10:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise and Amy I hope you have as much fun as my friend's little first grade daughter and her friends did yesterday. They even made a list of the things he they wanted to do, in typical first grade handwriting and spelling. I tried to upload the photo of the list, but it would not work. Here is their list.
braSlits
FaShin Show
Nali PoliSh
tey Patty
dansing
Haer
Pik out dreSa
Have fun
Pik out ShooS
Mak uple
irengs
tablitS
When my friend discovered the list, they had put check marks by the ones they had completed. Have fun had a check. So ladies, I hope you have fun too.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9599 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9599 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  11:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Marilyn that is too cute!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  11:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought so too. It takes a minute to interpret it all, but I love it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  2:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is Mak uple? is that make up? This is cute.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  3:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted a list of the states we are looking at possibly going through when we move on the main forum, if any of you are interested :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  5:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I think that is makeup.
BraSlits threw me at first, then I knew it would be bracelets, and irengs...earrings. Sound spelling.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9599 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9599 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  5:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, prayers for an easy move for you. Will go check out your post.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2016 :  9:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got the irings, but did miss the bracelets. That was cute.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  05:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just stopping by to say Hi! We had our first freeze here last night. I sure hope it got a bunch of mosquitoes!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jan 20 2016 05:29:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9599 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9599 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  06:27:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been so cold here. I can't believe what a mild Christmas we enjoyed. The wind makes it so much worse. I thought once we got home from PA that it would seem so much warmer.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 20 2016 06:42:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  06:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Shannon -
Are you going through Texas? Glad to have you stop by.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  07:38:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Not much to report except "Baby it's cold outside"! Goodness, I will agree with Denise, such a contrast from December. Yesterday it was 6F and with the windchill factor -8F. Of course this is sweltering heat compared to Julie's temperatures!

Maryllen, your friend's daughter's list brought back lots of memories. My little Pumpkin has returned to college, the house is so empty! I understand that it is all part of the life cycle but sometimes I just wish time would stand still. It is all going so quickly!

Not much to report on other fronts. I've been attempting to slow down. Despite my attempt at keeping my life quiet, it just doesn't seem to happen. Taking another online class from one of my favourite author Brene Brown. Haven't done any quilting for at least a month and a half. I've been more in a hand embroidery mood.

Have a great day! Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  08:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it does sound like you are keeping your mind and body busy Carole, and keeping from freezing. That is so cold, I remember days like that when I lived in Colorado, I don't miss it. I prefer all the other seasons. :D

Time seems to pass faster after your children are out of the house because you find other things to do but yes it is so much more quiet. After my youngest went into the Navy, my house was so quiet, but that has changed and I am to busy with all of volunteering. That can make you too busy. Enjoy your hand embroidery, I know it will be beautiful.

Have a great Wednesday!

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9599 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9599 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  10:50:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
I don't know about your area up there, but we are in for up to a foot of snow this weekend. I imagine there is something in store for that part of NY too. I love the snow but I have a tendency to want to hunker down and knit or do some kind of handwork or reading when we get snow like that. May not sound like a lot to most people and nothing like we had last year but around here everyone heads to the stores and goes all round crazy when they hear snow. I never could figure out why people go nuts for milk and bread. The milk won't keep if the power is out for any major length of time any way. For me I've always thought canned goods and anything that doesn't have to be cooked. Of course we have the wood stove so cooking has happened on there in the past storms.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  11:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Denise, people in Texas go nuts too. They make a run for milk and bread here too. I have often wondered how people would ever survive if we really had a problem and food could not reach the stores.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  7:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good question Marilyn. The little town I live in probably couldn't be prepared for something big. I don't know.

hugs.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2016 :  7:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About five years ago we had a major ice storm. Schools were closed for five days, most businesses also. Mail could not run. That Saturday when we went into town we found the shelves and coolers in Wal mart did not have much to offer. No breads of any kind. No milk of any kind, no eggs. People were hungry after being trapped at home all week.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  04:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Denise, it looks like we're really in for it this weekend! Our current projected snow amounts are 12-18 inches here. Luckily, Bonnie doesn't have to work, so I don't have to babysit. But it is her birthday Saturday, and she was planning on going to some kind of art class with her friends. I'm guessing that won't happen! Carole, it's good that you're at least trying to slow down a little. Setting intentions is such a powerful first step. Shannon, come back to the mid-Atlantic, you can hang out with Denise and me! :) I'm so excited about Denise and my getting together, glad we didn't plan it for this Saturday!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9599 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9599 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  04:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So excited to be meeting another farm girl! I went to Florida to visit family some years ago and was able to meet up with one of the farm girls there. Now Amy and I only have the Del. Memorial Bridge separating us!

I am actually looking forward to some snow. Of course, I don't have to travel in it. We are expected to get 6- 12 inches here. Woke up to 2 inches of unexpected snowfall this morning. It is so pretty and as long as I can keep stoking up the wood stove and have the kettle on I am happy. Got some knitting done yesterday after chores and while keeping toasty by the fire.
The hens were let out yesterday for some free ranging and the snow and cold didn't seem to bother them at all. They are pretty tame. Dad goes out everyday on his scooter and gives them cracked corn and collects the eggs. Well yesterday when they saw him heading to the garage to get the scooter the came running down so he just scooped up some corn and gave it to them there. It was kinda funny to see them all gathered around him. I think they could be tame enough to be hand fed eventually.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 21 2016 05:24:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  05:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise and Amy - when I am up that way, the three of us will definitely need to get together! Where are you guys meeting? I use to work at Kent General Hospital there in Dover as an RN! And I went to Wesley College :) Hubby was stationed at Dover Air Force Base.... Tat is actually where I was born, when they still had a full hospital on base!

I am a little stresses about the weather you guys are about to get. Hubby is suppose to be at one of his intensives in Virginia this upcoming week, so he drives up there this weekend. He is taking the suburban so that he has four wheel drive, but it means I will not have a vehicle for a week!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  07:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, last year all the major storms missed us. We had very little snow and lost of cold weather. Because we had no snow for insulation, we had huge frozen main water and sewage pipe issues. It seemed like every where you looked, the village crew were digging up pipes to be fixed.

I also enjoyed reading the story of your dad and the chickens. Thank you for sharing!

It looks like this storm will miss us also. Darn! I would love a good "old fashion" snow storm. Everyone safe in their homes, watching nature's beauty!

I did a bit of knitting yesterday while watching an interesting documentary on Winston Churchill. What a fascinating man! It was done by the BBC. If I keep watching documentaries and knitting I may have something to show soon! lol

Enjoy your day everyone! Cheers!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 21 2016 07:44:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9599 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9599 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2016 :  08:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, Will keep your husband in prayer for traveling. We are meeting on this side of the Del. Memorial Bridge.
I am not familiar with Amy's area. So we are meeting about a half hour for each of us.

Oh Carole, the stories I could tell since my dad has been with us.

I went to the mailbox this morning and was shocked to see that his Medicare just got the billing for his home therapists when he broke his hip and knee in 2014. Wonder why it takes so very long for all the bills to be sent in? Anyway it is all taken care of now. That should be the last one.

I am sort of looking forward to this snow since we really don't get winters like we used to when I was growing up in upstate NY.
I figure I have plenty to keep me busy. Going to try and move onto something a little more challenging in the knitting. I am doing some of the badges and it never hurts to work towards some of those.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside chat - January 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page