Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  09:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter was in Dallas for the last 3 days at the Gaylord Texas Resort and Convention Center for work. We had Lily June! She called me and said," Mom everything in Texas is BIGGER!!!!!!!!! She sent some pictures from there. Wow!!!! I said, I got some Fabulous Farm Sisters all over Texas! so I know it's a great State!

She bought me some Texas BBQ Sauce and Honey, but they confiscated it, said, it was too much liquid for her carry on bag. She did not check a bag this trip, she took the largest carry on they allow! She was so disappointed and so was I! she flies quite often, me, I hate to fly!!!!

She said, in all the excitement she forgot about those limits. This was her first trip to Dallas.

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....33392

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  12:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, did she get to go anywhere other than the hotel? It is massive itself and beautiful too. My nephews wife works in commercial mortgage, where blocks of businesses are sold. She has made several trips to NYC, but never experienced the city. They rent a group of hotel rooms, set up an office and work, eat and sleep.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, This time was a working trip only. She did not get out of the hotel. Her flight to Dallas from Memphis was delayed 5 hours, mechanical problem they said. They flew in another plane to take them to Dallas. She said next trip they would have some more time. She has been to Houston before.

My dad use to tell me that it was a working trip only. I would get so excited and ask him a million questions, he went all over the world, but only saw board rooms and Drill sites. He is retired now living in Florida and he managed to go back to some of the places as a Tourist!

I love NYC. I have been 2 times and I can see if your working, there is no time, there is so much to see. I want to go back in December and see the Department Store Christmas windows! It has always been my dream!!! Both times I was in NYC was in March and it was snowing or raining! LOL!! My Dad was born and raised there. She did bring me a present from Dallas, but forgot it in a hurry to get here and get Lily June, so I will get it Tuesday.

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2016 :  4:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, today it was such a beautiful day here. I opened my front and back doors as well as a couple of Windows. I do not know how warm it got, but it was 66 degrees at 5:30pm. Of course we will have that cold north wind returning tomorrow night, but I am thanking God for today.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  04:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, how exciting to go to Texas. I'd love to go there someday, I have two cousins I could visit. And a few henhouse sisters, too!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2016 :  05:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Connie - Next time your daughter is here maybe some of us can visit with her and take a picture. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2016 :  6:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can certainly understand the excitement! I so enjoy going to Houston! Hoping to do so again this fall! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  11:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Carole - I just looked it up and the Houston Quilt Show is November 3-6 this year. Maybe I will get down there to meet you in person. My boyfriend and I love to travel and he's already said he'd like to go with me.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 03 2016 11:43:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  12:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet they will have some beautiful Quilts there.

There are a lot of sweet Texas Farmgirls out there..

Have a good day.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2016 :  12:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,

That would be great! If I can swing it this year, I will be in Houston from October 27 until most probably Nov 1 or 2nd (It depends if I'll go to the Johnson Space center again). I tend to go for quilt market. Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  08:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How far away or any of you from Dallas? I think she will be going back in the summer.

Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2016 :  09:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I'm 1,761 miles northeast from Dallas!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  06:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole you are to funny. Connie I live 100 miles east of Dallas, but Linda lives closer. It does take a little longer to drive across Texas than it does most states.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2016 :  12:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I visited Texas at thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. I went to a great quilt store Stitchin Heaven in Mineola. We actually stayed at a hunting and fishing lodge in Alba Texas. ((We neither hunted or fished haha) It was called Fort Lake Lodge. It was large enough for our family. We attended Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panther football game at AT&T stadium. Spent the night at The Gaylord hotel in Dallas. We did the Christmas show. They had an ice village which was pretty cool. Then we traveled to New Braunfels, Tyler, Austin and San Antonio. We can't wait to go back. We are thinking 2017. It is a beautiful state. And I am sure there is so much more we could have seen. We went through Houston but did not spend any time there. I bet it is pretty hot in the summer. It rained the first part of the trip but the second week was awesome. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Hey Texas Farm Sisters! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page