Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Fireside chat - January 2016
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside chat - January 2016 Next Topic
Page: of 9

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  06:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Shannon, I hope you feel better in a hurry. I like your goals. I need to do that.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  08:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marilyn! Hubby and I were just discussing church for tomorrow. Usually I would go anyways and just stand off from people... But I think I may stay home tomorrow and use the extra day to rest! Thankfully we do not have any where to go this upcoming week, other than the airport. I am finding that I am getting to be more and more of a home body, though after awhile, I need to get out!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9598 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9598 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  08:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon,
Sure hope you get over this soon! I have been thinking and planning what I need to do for sure this year and what I want to get done. Always need to at least have a skeleton plan and go from there.
Working on some cards today with Tori. She is making Valentines for her cousins.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  08:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a home body. When I have time off, I do not want to get in that car. My husband is just the opposite, he goes to town once or twice each day. Seven miles is not far but all groceries are on the far side of town, and our small town, pumped to overflowing capacity with college kids, makes getting anywhere a nightmare.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2016 :  7:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am glad you decided to rest tomorrow. A wise decision. Take care.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  08:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone. Like Marilyn I am a homebody,I only go to town when I have to. It is a balmy -16 below today, with wind chills heading to -60 by this afternoon. I took hot oatmeal out to the chicken coop, picked the frozen eggs and plugged in a heat lamp so everyone should be OK. The barn cats are all snuggled into the straw bales and looked very cozy. I have a fire going and plan on crocheting a hot water bottle cover this afternoon. It was a busy week here, we had to run all the cattle through the chute for vaccinations, made a trip to the big city to take my Mother-in-law to visit her other son for a few weeks and got all of the Christmas decorations put away. We did get some good news. Oliver had a pre-op doctors appt. and because everything seems to be working pretty well with a medication change, they are considering postponing his surgery. It is what we have been praying for, so we hope he continues to keep doing well. Stay warm everyone.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  08:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone. Like Marilyn I am a homebody,I only go to town when I have to. It is a balmy -16 below today, with wind chills heading to -60 by this afternoon. I took hot oatmeal out to the chicken coop, picked the frozen eggs and plugged in a heat lamp so everyone should be OK. The barn cats are all snuggled into the straw bales and looked very cozy. I have a fire going and plan on crocheting a hot water bottle cover this afternoon. It was a busy week here, we had to run all the cattle through the chute for vaccinations, made a trip to the big city to take my Mother-in-law to visit her other son for a few weeks and got all of the Christmas decorations put away. We did get some good news. Oliver had a pre-op doctors appt. and because everything seems to be working pretty well with a medication change, they are considering postponing his surgery. It is what we have been praying for, so we hope he continues to keep doing well. Stay warm everyone.

Hugs
Julie

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  09:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's great news about Oliver! Brrrrrrr - your weather is just too cold!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9598 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9598 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  12:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
16 below with those wind chills. I don't know how you keep things warm Julie. That is wonderful news for Oliver, so glad to hear it! We had some rain and wind last night but it has turned out sunny. Not to bad temps and not as cold as it normally gets here. Still fairly odd for us this time of year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  1:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just saw a person holding up a sign, at the Vikings game that said, NEVER BEEN COLDER! Reminds me of my one and only Pro game, way back about 40 years ago. I had just read a book about the Holacost and the way the people were marched to the death chambers. It was terribly cold that day in Irving Texas, watching those Cowboys, (although we were so far up in the corner of an end zone area, those guys looked like ants). I had to be nice because our tickets were a Christmas gift from my husband's little brother, and my son who was 11, was so excited. But I did not enjoy my day, and as we marched away from that stadium, on those wide walkways, so crammed with cold human beings, I could think of nothing but those poor people at the death camps. I have never understood how people can sit and watch a game when it is so cold, or how the players can even move, but then I am not a guy.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  1:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, so happy to hear the good news about Oliver :)! Will keep him in my prayers! Your temps are way, way to cold for me! I like cold, but within reason :)! It is in the mid 30s here today with snow flurries, going to get colder, in the teens tomorrow morning!
I agree on the cold temps and football, those guys are a little crazy I would say, and the people watching in the stands, I just don't get it!
Hoping you all have a good week!
Shannon, hope you are feeling better!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9598 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9598 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  5:06:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
I would never be enticed to go out in the cold to watch a football game. I wait till baseball season starts, that I don't mind.
I don't even like to sit in a warm house and watch football. LOL!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  5:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't watch football either. I walked into the living room and saw that sign today right after my son left. My younger brother played football and went to TCU on scholarship. I got enough to last a lifetime. My son, who is 6' 5" tall and weighs about 280, was too little to play football in junior high. So he was a basketball player, indoors.Thank goodness.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  05:03:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted this in the December Fireside Chat. I guess I got a little confused (nothing new there!) ;) So I'm reposting it here.

I'll bet that was a wonderful program, Bonnie! Thinking about butterflies must have warmed you up a little bit, right? I plan on planting some milkweed in the spring for the monarchs. Did they mention that? I don't think I could manage that cold weather out there, bless your heart. It was kind of warm here yesterday, but it got cold (for us) and is around 32 today. I have to take 4 cats to the vet today, accompanied by my 2 side-kicks, Mom ans Lily. That ought to warm me up!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4752 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4752 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  07:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great goals, Shannon. Both are very doable and will benefit you and others in the process. I hope you stayed home from church and got some rest. It sounds like you really need the rest.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9598 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9598 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  5:24:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on some valentine-y things tonight! Love the crafting time, it's so relaxing.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  1:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for Oliver! I am a homebody too!! There is always so much to do that has to be done, before I can do what I love, sew and craft! Lily June has started snatching my glasses! LOL!!

Denise, I am crafting too, in between keeping Lily June. It is relaxing!! and it is cold here for us!!! maybe a snow flurry Sunday and Oh lord, they will close school here over a flurry and everybody calls into work!! LOL!!
Farmgirl Hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 13 2016 1:01:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  1:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tennessee sounds a lot like Texas when the snow falls. Or even worse are the ice storms. No one goes anywhere, too dangerous. About twenty years ago, I was driving our carpool to school. It was a thirty mile drive at twenty miles per hour. Ice fog! There were more than a few cars behind me. One was filled with student teachers. When we got there they told us they couldn't' t understand why I was going so slow, until they decided to pass me. They almost lost control, so they eased back in line and followed along. It is exhausting to drive like that.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9598 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9598 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  2:18:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are calling for snow this weekend and I am hoping not. We are traveling to a wedding and I sure don't want to run into anything on either way.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  7:36:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope your snow waits until after the wedding Denise, wow it is already Weds. where did the week go.

We had rain off and on today, not to bad.

Have a good night.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  03:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had some bitterly cold weather here but happily no snow. Our problem around here isn't so much snow as ice, we get a lot of freezing rain. Julie, the news about Oliver is wonderful, and I'll keep praying that the good news continues. Connie, Lily June is so adorable in your glasses! Shannon, I hope you're starting to feel better, maybe you need to program some rest time into your goals! Denise, looks lik the weather in our area will be OK for travel this weekend for the wedding. I haven't done much in the past couple of days except worry about my friend in the hospital. Thank goodness he's home and on the mend.

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3535 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3535 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  05:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, Lily June looks so cute in those glasses! She is darling!!

Well, we don't get snow but we are finally getting a few light frosts the past week and some chilly days around here. I am totally loving every minute!!! You know how badly I whine come August and September!! LOL!!! Still, I have azaleas popping out blooms in the yard from the long warm Fall and December. My little Southern Red Maple tree in the front yard is finally showing signs of leaf color change. Better late than never!! I think this year Fall, Winter, Spring is going to all happen between now and March 1st. It has been such a different year in terms of weather down here.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9598 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9598 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  09:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, Not so much worried about our area as where we are going in PA. They are supposed to get snow Saturday and Sunday.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  8:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, Lily June looks so cute in the glasses but let's hope she never has to wear them.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  7:13:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,Our states are a lot alike and we have no Street Equipemnt since snow and ice are so rare here. So it is best for everyone to stay home, especially in the Ice, which is what we ususally get!

Farmgirl Hugs! connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireside chat - January 2016 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page