Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Front Porch Chat - September 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front Porch Chat - September 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 4

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  11:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole that quilt cabinet is pretty. That is the kind of things I like.

Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  05:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  08:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your kind comment. I am fortunate that DH's hobby is wood working. My home is furnished with many of his creations. I did take a picture partway thru the "quilt tidying up" day, which involved doing load of washing. There were stacks every where! lol

It is now full, but sadly I am unable to take a picture. DH has decided that he was going to fix the corner of that area (needed to re-tape the corner due to house settling). Oh well.

So, the cabinet holds strictly bed quilts, no wall hanging and/or table runners etc. It does not include the quilts on the beds or the ones Pumpkin took to college. Yea, I guess I have a lot of quilts! lol But ... I'm going to continue quilting! It makes me happy .... isn't that what life is all about? Being happy and content! Oh, and it keeps be sane! Extremely important! lol

What do you like to do that keeps you in your happy place? Do share .... inquiring minds want to know!

Enjoy your day!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 11 2015 10:54:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  10:19:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Knitting keeps me happy. Sewing machine or hand stitching when I can get to it. Lots of things make me happy really.

Your quilts are always so beautiful Carole!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole - your cabinet is beautiful, and I bet even more so stuffed full of your lovely creations!!!

Hmm so many things make me happy!!! I love planning things and spending time with my kids just reading or being silly. When I need down time, I enjoy sewing, cross stitch, crochet (though I am just learning this!), plastic canvas, well any craft I guess :) I also find putting together a puzzle or coloring to be very relaxing and soothing.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  3:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon,
I am right there with you on the jigsaw puzzles and coloring.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  3:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Shannon I meant to ask how Emi is doing?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  3:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were both put on medication for the thrush and that seems to be on the mend, but now she has been hit by a stomach virus. THere is nothing worse than a two week old with a stomach virus :( She has lost more weight, but we are trying to get on top of it and get her caught up... if we could get her past the virus, I think she would start to gain! Nursing is still painful, but better :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  5:04:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol, your new cabinet looks beautiful all full of lovely quilts! I think the grey color is the perfect backdrop for the colorful quilt colors too!

Shannon, I am so sorry that Emi is now sick! Hopefully the thrush and sickness will be on the mend quickly and nobody else gets the stomach virus. Enough is enough!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  7:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie - thankfully the rest of us have already had the stomach virus! Usually when I am nursing I pass on enough antibodies that the infant doesn't or barely gets sick, but I think since she has been having such a hard time nursing due to the thrush, she hasn't been getting enough milk to get the antibodies... or her immune system has just been down. She is acting better tonight... fever seems to be gone and she is holding down most of her feedings. Yay! Tomorrow my in-laws get here. For the most part I am excited. They do not agree with how we raise our children, but they love them dearly (they do not think you should teach unless you are certified, so are against us homeschooling and think we are terribly foolish for not having a tv and trying to do things the "old-fashioned" way... oh and that my children have too many chores/responsibilities rather than just being kids). Anyways, they will be here until Tuesday. I am hoping it is a lovely visit... but one I can still rest during. My MIL is usually super helpful, so I do not see it being too much of an issue.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2015 :  8:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the thing I like best is making people happy but I do like to do lots of different crafts, being busy but it does make me tired too.
But I love being on here that is is the best thing I think.

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2015 :  1:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, Glad to hear Emi is on the mend. I understand what you are talking about with your in laws. Ours were the same way but at least they never came out and said anything. But we knew how they felt about our homeschooling and lifestyle. Albeit, our children all grew up to be fine. In fact, my mil called and asked if she could borrow my girl's algebra books because she needed them for her nursing courses. Things have changed considerably over the years and after her other children got married and had children. They saw the advantages to homeschooling for us.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  05:29:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! My daughter has started the new semester with double her course load. I don't know how she's going to do it with working full time, but she's determined to finish next spring. So consequently, I'll have miss Lily even more with me. Which makes me happy, but also wears me out! Tomorrow a dear friend who is retired but still working part time for a home care agency is coming to see us. She's a social worker by profession, but loves the elderly especially. Hopefully she can help find us some help.

Carole, the cabinet looks so pretty with the quilts in it! What makes me happy is music, cross stitch, knitting, sewing, cooking . . . Lots of things . . . My family (they also drive me crazy) . . . Nature. I love my Tai Chi, too, and am now learning its root practice, called Qigong. Amazing stuff!

Denise, how's the visit going, are they still there?

Shannon, glad you and Emi are somewhat on the mend. Enjoy your in-laws' visit as much as you can!

Darlene, I agree, being in this hen house and in MJF makes me very happy!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2015 :  6:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here is one of the fun things I did today, went to the Community Church picnic where I live in Loleta. I am second from the left bottom seat.
It was a lot of fun.

I went to my church in Ferndale and enjoyed that this morning and the pot luck there then went to three rummage sales after that and that was fun but didn't have time for any more before the picnic. Ferndale had its town wide sale this weekend, but that is all I had time for but it was fun.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  06:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a fun photo, Darlene! It does sound like a great day full of friends and fellowship. I am happy that you had such a good day! Yesterday's news about the fires in northern California had me wondering how you are doing where you live. Hope you are safe and that these fires can soon get some rain to stop their spread.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1279 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1279 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  07:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Everyone, So much to caught up on here in the hen house. Shannon so sorry to hear Emi has been sick and you too. Hope you both get to feeling better soon. Darlene love the picture and sounds like you had a wonderful day yesterday. What fun. Amy take care, I know what it is like to take care of a 4 yr old everyday. I have my only granddaughter now days, my daughter has gone back to work and I have her about 5 days a week now and never know from day to day when. That is why I have been a little MIA here lately. But trying to settle in and get some things done. Have a few swaps that I am working on and other projects for the Vintage Soul booth. Just been busy with life stuff.
Carole I love the quilt cabinet, so pretty. My hubby is a wood worker, he just hasn't had time lately to do much. But your husband does beautiful work.
Have a great day everyone. Be safe and enjoy everyday.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  11:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today is a lot cooler here and the sun I think is covered by clouds and some smoke but we are doing ok up here although a vegetation fire just started about 30 miles away by Highway 36 and 101, but the fire department is on it. It is so dry out there just pray for all those fighting the fires. They put a notice Up for helping those in the fires down by Lake County.

It is a good day otherwise.
Sherry it is good to hear from you.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  2:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow we are going to the state of New Mexico for a week to visit many of the state and national parks. Neither of us have been to the southwest so we are looking forward to learning more about this unique and beautiful place. I will have my iPad with me and will try and keep up with all the goings on both here and at the main Forum. It is supposed to be hot there so I think I am exchanging hot/humid for hot/dry. Sure wish it was for cool/dry instead!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  5:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, cute picture. Winnie, have a great time and have lots of farmgirl fun.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2015 :  7:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie enjoy your trip I think you are going to enjoy the Southwest alot.
Looking forward to hearing about your trip and maybe photos.

Thank you Bonnie,

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  08:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Winnie, Traveling sounds like fun! Have a good trip and you know us we love to see pictures!

Darlene that is a great picture! praying for rain and that those fires can be taken care of quickly.

So good to hear from you Sherry!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  08:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy, I forgot to write that it is not a visit, they are living here until the house is ready. It seems as though the more we do the more we find needs to be done. Hope to see you soon!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2015 :  10:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes hoping and praying the rains put out the fires, So many have lost homes in these fires. the videos on Facebook are scarey.

Denise take care and relax when you can

Have fun Winnie.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  04:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. We're having picture perfect weather this week which makes everything easier. I just let Lily run around outside, and mom and I are much happier when we can spend time outdoors, so it's been really nice.

Darlene, I think about and pray for you and your neighbors. These fires are so scary. I'm glad you're ok. I loved the picture from the picnic, everyone's so happy I could just feel the fun!

Sherry, it takes some getting used to being a full time child watcher after a certain age, doesn't it? :) Lily still naps (she's 2) so that's my break time. Does your grandbaby still nap? Well, just try to keep carving out a little time for yourself, it's really important!

Winnie, have a great trip, I'd sure love to go out there myself someday!

Denise, I guess all house renovations are that way, the more you do, the more you find to fix! I'm very encouraged that we'll be able to find someone special to look after mom once a week soon. Then it's you and me and some Cracker Barrel food! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2015 :  09:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

So nice to be able to catch up. I enjoyed reading about what makes you happy, keeps you sane. Wayne Dyer (one of my favourite author who recently passed away - although I did not know him personally, I grieved the loss) said "when you change the way you look at things, the thing you look at change". It is one of my life motto.

Winnie, enjoy our trip. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your trip. You know what they say, the next best thing to being there is having some else there take pictures and share! lol

Darlene, what a nice picture of you and the group! You all look like a bunch of rowdy picnickers! lol

Denise, my dh calls renovations "project creeps". Something always creeps up that needs to be taken care of! lol

Amy and Sherry, Having a little one running around the house certainly livens things up!

Well I best be getting back to work. Haven't touched my website this week. I think I need a break from it. lol

Keep well everyone!

Farmgirl hug,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front Porch Chat - September 2015 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page