Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Front Porch Chat - September 2015
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front Porch Chat - September 2015 Next Topic
Page: of 4

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  05:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello everyone

Hard to believe that the summer is almost over! It will soon be time for us to welcome fall!

Enjoy the new season! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  1:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy September 1, and thanks for reminding me to change my calendars.

Have a good day.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  1:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It feels like August still here, upper 90's and muggy, but I'm in a September state of mind! Have been having a few problems with this darn disc in my back which really cramps my style. But it could be worse, I always remind myself of that. My daughter is working all Labor Day weekend, and Lily is going to the mountains with her daddy. So, since I don't have to plan a big picnic, I'm finally going to organize my submissions for some badges. I'm so excited!

Happy Day!
Peace in our hearts, peace in the world
Amy (Sister#6098) www.danaherandcloud.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  2:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy September 1 and Happy Apple Festival days here at MJF!! I am beyond excited over all the fun and learning that we will share together this month both here and on the main Forum. Although it is quite hot and muggy here everyday with rain, I just focus on the fun that lies ahead as it becomes Fall in the states above me.

Amy, I am sorry that your back is bothering you. That is a bummer! Hopefully you will get some old fashion rest over the weekend while you organize your badges and keep your agenda simple. Take care!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2015 :  5:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy fall y'alll. We're having hot sticky weather but more fall-like temps are supposed to be here by Monday. The best state fair in America is on her in Minnesota until Labor Day. Such fun.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  07:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning everyone and happy September. It is so foggy here this morning I can't see the end of my driveway, it is supposed to be in the 90's today so guess I will enjoy this mornings cool weather. We will finish hauling the hay in today, one more chore done for the year. Yesterday I canned tomatoes again, they just keep on giving, if I have time today I will make grape jelly. My grapevines didn't do all that great, but I got enough grapes for 2 batches of jelly. My apple trees are still loaded, I may need to call the neighbors to see if they would like some before they all blow off. I have 3 different varieties ready at 3 different times. I prefer the one that is ready later, but do use these for baking and dried Apple rings. The crabapple tree is also loaded so Apple juice is in my future too.

Amy so sorry your back is bothering you, rest always seems to help

Carole I was feeling fall this week as well. We were in town Monday and I couldn't resist the beautiful mums and fall planters. I came home with more plants than groceries. Worked on planting them yesterday, now I need to get the scarecrows done.

Have a great day all.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  10:10:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I have heard that the Minnesota State Fair is really terrific. If I lived closer I would love to attend and see it all!

Julie, sounds like you are one busy Farmgirl keeping up with the harvest and garden bounty. Love that your apple trees are full and begging for attention. Perfect timing for the MJF Apple Festival. Which variety do you like for apple pies?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  10:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I quilted with the Minnesota Quilters in our booth at the fair today. So many visitors from all over. Such fun to talk with people.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2015 :  11:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I bet that was fun.
Have a good evening.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  04:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, hope you're all enjoying these first days of September.

Bonnie, I wish I could visit you at the fair. It must be so much fun quilting away with friends while the fair swirls all around you!

Julie, also wish I could see your mum's, they are such sturdy, cheerful flowers!

Winnie, my daughter's next door neighbor has an apple tree nearly bent over with so many apples. I don't know what kind they are, but plan to find out. Lily and I will be picking some soon, too!

My daughter has decided that moving to Martha's Vineyard would take Lily too far from her daddy, which I agree with. But we still want to make a move to a different kind of environment. A smaller town with a safer, gentler, simpler way of life. We need to stay no more than a two-hour drive, tops, from where we are now. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm starting to do some research and would be grateful for ideas! :)

Anybody have any special plans for Labor Day weekend?

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2015 :  05:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck searching for a new location to move, Amy. Let us know if you find something that looks possible.

Julie, I love mums! They just make me happy and their spicy scent always remind me of Fall!

We are still getting lots of rain showers everyday down here and everything is soggy and wet all of the time. Our driveway is one green algae slippery mess again because it never dries out under a big Oak tree. sigh.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  08:58:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is busy still. I have been taking care of dad as he has been feeling sick the last few days. Trying to get him to eat and stay on track with his medicine. Daughter and her family will be here till their rental is ready. So it is a challenge having 10 people ranging form 3 to 90 here. Looking forward to the weekend. No special plans for Labor day

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  09:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amy - We lived in Felton for awhile and really enjoyed it, but that was years ago, so I am not sure how much it has grown up. Or you could always go further south to Milford or Seaford... If you want out of DE, I grew up in Greensboro MD. It is still relatively small...

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  10:19:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I hope your Dad will be feeling better soon! It sounds like you will be having a great family packed weekend coming up! I hope the weather cooperates so some outdoor time is possible.

We have a pretty quiet weekend ahead which is fine with me. It is the first football game of the season for the University of Florida and the town is busy, busy, busy!! Lots of energy here and folks excited to see what the new coach has been putting together. I am planning to make some white chili and cornbread for dinner as the game begins at 7p and we can have a front row seat in the AC with favorite foods!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  2:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise , your sure have your hands full taking care of all those people. But you have far girl spunk and you'll get through it. Older adults can be as much of a challenge as a three year old! God bless. Hope things get better.
Amy, my thoughts are with ou about a move. That's a challenge too. Hope Labor Day isn't too laborious for everyone. I'm looking forward to cooler weather!

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2015 :  11:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any idea how to take dried home made playdoe with extra oil in it out of a carpet? One of the teachers at school makes it it and has an extra messy child this year. The play doa is a really pretty berry color and the carpet is greenish. Not a good combination.
If you do please let me know?

hugs
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  08:01:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene I heard that ice will work just like with gum. Then after the most of it comes out there is something in the automotive section at Walmart called Blue Magic. It is carpet cleaner for cars and it does a wonderful job on my carpets in the house for spot cleaning.

Dad is feeling better though he suffers with back pain. Always has and as he gets older it gets worse because of the degeneration of the discs. Kinda like bone rubbing against bone at this point. I was having hip trouble yesterday but it seems better today. I have been cleaning out the flower beds so I can go get some mums. It is still quite warm here. Looking forward to cooler days and nights.

The kids rental is actually a property JT and I bought from a foreclosure. There is lots of work to be done. Of course there are always those things you run into that don't show. Yesterday they replaced broken french doors with a back door, new wall and window. Also the floor. Today they are working on the roof and plumbing. We will still have to get a CO before they can move in. It will make a nice retirement place eventually.

Everyone is gone today so I will be doing some laundry and cleaning. Lots to keep me busy!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2015 :  4:06:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Denise I will see what the teachers says.

Have a good day.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  08:43:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. Mom and I are having a quiet weekend with some really beautiful weather moving in. Yesterday I had a long overdue lunch and chat with a friend who I only get to set a couple of times a year. It was so nice!

Denise, I sure do understand how complicated things are for you now. Multiple generations together is a blessing, but also a challenge for the middle ones like us. Hope your Dad is feeling better and you too! The rental sounds like it will be really nice.

Winnie, did you enjoy the game? Did you save me any cornbread (hee hee!)

Darlene, good luck with the playdough! Lily loves the stuff and it is a mess to clean sometimes. I think Denise's ice tip should work.

Bonnie, thanks, we really do have a job ahead of us, but this nice little state has changed so much we really need to find a better place. Luckily when my daughter finishes her grad work, as a nurse practitioner she can get a good job pretty much anywhere. It's just sad to feel I don't want my granddaughter to grow up where I did.

Shannon, yes, we kind of do want to get out of Delaware. We love the MD Eastern Shore! Isn't that where Greensborough is? How are you feeling? How's Emi?

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  09:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Greensboro is on the Eastern Shore of Maryland... about halfway between Dover DE and Easton MD. It is in Caroline County. I am feeling alright. I may have already posted this, but we are dealing with a bad case of thrush, which equivalates to very painful and tearful feeding times! The poor baby even has a crack on the corner of her mouth. Other than that, she is doing fairly well.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  11:10:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everyone,

Wonderful to be able to catch up a bit. Looks like everyone is keeping busy. As much as I feel like a chicken running around with her head cut off, I don't have much to chatter about. I've been working overtime attempting to get Fibre's website reflecting my inventory. What a job!

Do want to share what I had DH build for me. I asked for a quilt cabinet, so that I can place all my quilts in there as opposed to having them all piled up here and there.

Can you guess what's on my to do list today besides a pile of laundry? You guessed it, tidying up my quilts. As soon as I have it all looking purty, I'll post a picture.

Enjoy the long weekend everyone. Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 06 2015 11:11:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3540 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3540 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  1:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, that is a wonderful quilt cabinet for your quilts!! I love the slate gray color and primitive styling. Wow, your quilts will be happy in there for sure!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Song Sparrow
True Blue Farmgirl

729 Posts

Amy
Talleyville Delaware
USA
729 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2015 :  5:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, that is a beautiful cabinet, worthy of your wonderful quilts. Your hubby is so talented, just like you.

Shannon, so sorry to hear about the thrush! You surely have had a rough time of it. You know you're in my prayers.

Happy Day!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9605 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9605 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  6:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How pretty Carole! I have one me JT bought for me. He isn't thrilled about woodworking himself. Mine is maroon colored and I love having a place for my quilts too. Be sure and let us see when you get it all filled.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2015 :  7:14:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That quilt cabinet is just perfect but be sure to put down acid-free paper between the quilts and the wood as it could stain the quilts.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6099 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6099 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2015 :  10:31:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole that will make your quilts stand out so nicely, pretty blue!

Can hardly wait to see it full of your quilts.

Have a good day
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Front Porch Chat - September 2015 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page