True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  11:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
naps and patty cake............
Nap??? what's that! I just cannot do it......if ya wake me up at 4 in the morning.....I'm up for the day..............which is bad since I'm a night owl anyway and usually go to bed bout 1-2am :_( Oh don't get me wrong......I WOULD LOVE to be ABLE to nap......just cant seem to turn off the brain enough !!! Then w/ all 3 of us being on deifferent shifts..........my poor body really don't know WHEN it's really supposed to be awake !!! ha ha
I love the pattycake stories here too..........Our lil CamerynPaige (Cammi) has got our fave downpat now........taught by ME.........SHE WILL GROW UP LOVING FOOTBALL !!!!!!........for Texans fans...ya know who JJ WATTS is.....Cammi claps when we say JJ and says "Yaaaaay JJ........TOUCHDOWN!!! All while throwing her hands and arms straight up in the air like goalposts..........it's just tooooo bloomin' adorable !!!!! I am soooooo grateful for my Cammi :-)

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  1:53:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's adorable, Jami!

Joyce, I'm so happy that you had good company and a good feeling about your exam day!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 25 2015 2:00:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  03:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 12: Another long one that I did not read and since I no longer fly I have no comment.

Today I am grateful for trying something new. I like spring rolls but have never made them so today I am tackling them. Have all my ingredients. I’m looking forward to putting spring rolls together and enjoying them with my sister. Awesome to do something I have never done before.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  04:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 12: Today's reading wasn't really relevant to me... I've only flown on one round trip... and it was years ago, pregnant, with an 18 month old or so, when my hubby's grandfather had a massive stroke. Hubby on the other hand has flown A LOT due to his job, but he gets a special seat as the mechanic for the airplane :) Plenty of elbow room for him! Normally, he slept on a bunk or the floor during flight :)

Today i am thankful for a full day of not leaving the house :) When you are trying to get a lot of things done, leaving for appointments in the middle of things is rough! I am super excited that today we have nowhere to go and can hopefully get lots and lots accomplished :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  05:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 12: We lived in CA for a year between 2010 and 2011; during that time I had to return home every 3 months for my medical appointments and to check on our house; so I did enough flying to learn to relax as much as possible on those red eye flights. But, on one flight to CA I was soooo tired, and when at take off the two seats beside me remained empty, oh my what a feeling! Up went those arm rests, I bundled up my coat as a pillow and laid down across the three seats! What a wonderful way to travel. That was the best flight ever.

Today: I would like to thank whoever discovered that putting together a few strawberries, a few scoops of sugar and some heat would produce something as satisfying as Strawberry Preserves... awesome!

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447

http://hennypennyfarm.blogspot.com/
https://www.pinterest.com/Time2SewCTHome/
www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  1:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flying - I love it...no matter what seat I'm in. I just absolutely love sitting in airports dreaming about where people are going and who they are going to see.

Day 12: I'm thankful for my prolific mulberry tree! A "jamming we will go" this weekend :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  5:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 12: I do not like to fly at all..ever! I don't think I could ever feel comfortable enough on a plane to change seats while in the air or lie down across seats, or get up to use bathroom. (It runs in the family. None of my 8 birth sisters like to fly either.) However, three times "not flying" was not in my list of options. I believe those planes are still in hangers under repair. The arms on the seat were bent from gripping too hard....and, my travel partner's skin on her wrist never did heal correctly. I did look out the window once by accident. We were above the clouds and as I looked down the clouds looked like a whipped cream topping layered on a dessert. Awesome!

Today I am grateful that my grand daughter who has been visiting us has decided to move in for awhile!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 26 2015 5:22:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  03:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 13: Another long one I did not read except for title and bold beginning of paragraphs, but I must confess I am a bubble wrap popper. It’s like eating Lay’s Potato Chips – can’t pop just one. No deeper meaning for me. Just clean relaxing fun!

Today I am grateful for last night. My three chickens went into their new coop without me having to chase them down and putting them in. It’s awesome when chickens put themselves to bed.

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  04:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 13: "you can't pop just one" How true! Those darn little air pockets just sit there teasing, begging to popped... how can anyone deny them?

Today: The moment I realized the milk is past its sell by date and hasn't soured... awesome

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  04:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 13: Confession - I too love to pop bubble wrap ;)

Today I am thankful for that bubble wrap. We have been collecting it ver the last month, and it comes in everything... especially around the books ordered for next year's school. It is great to pop, but right now even better to rap around dishes and breakables. Free packing material... awesome :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  08:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 13: Nope - not much of a bubble popper :) I don't like the sound...and I want to keep it for wrapping those precious items I want to send! :D

Today I'm thankful for the quiet 15 minutes I had, outside on the porch, with hubby sipping the amazing coffee he made me. I'm so blessed! The birds were chirping...the deer and bunnies were out...our chickens were clucking and ducks were quacking..it's so beautiful.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  04:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 14: I wasn't really able to relate to the post today. I'm not sure I have ever been to a wedding that I wasn't on the "inside" I guess.

Today I am thankful for tiny movements within, letting me know that though things are crazy on the outside, Emi is still doing well in her bubble of safety.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  05:10:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 14: I can't relate to this post either as I have never been to a "buffet" wedding. There have been buffet meals at other events such as Christenings, but those were come as you please.

Today it is raining, again, and I am thankful for it.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  05:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 14: I’m having a bad MS day so I have no comment.

Today I am thankful for good memories that see me through the bad days and the hope of good days to come. My Lord is a awesome God that gives me extra mercy & grace when the fog of MS drops on me.

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  08:47:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 13: Whoops! I'm a day late! Not a bubble wrap popper myself! Love it for packing though! I do enjoy watching the joy it brings other people to pop it though! Makes me smile/laugh to see them so tickled!

On day 13 I was grateful to go to our small town Buffalo Days parade with DH! I was grateful to sit on the "parking" of a lovely small town and watch the Flag carriers, bank sponsors, fire trucks, and classic cars go by. That's it, folks! That's all there was.

Day 14: I've been to wedding buffets before. Usually the bridal party goes first, then the family and close relatives. I have sat way at the back many times. If you are not real close to honored guest that's what I expect. Never heard of the fartherest table going first. Hmmm.

Today I am grateful that my daughter has invited me to attend a lecture on angels with her this afternoon. Due to her work schedule and living in another town I don't get to do something just with her that often.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2015 :  8:38:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 14:...well, we had buffet style for our wedding...my favourite part was the 12 foot long dessert table...mmmm.....It's been over 10 years and I still dream of that dessert table! I was so nervous I couldn't even enjoy aything :)

I'm thankful for our little boat! It's an old boat from '71 that my hubby got and fixed up :) Today we got to enjoy it!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  03:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 15: I had to half chuckle at today's reading. I have not played monopoly with our kiddos yet... some are just way too young.. but it was a favorite game with my siblings and I! We would spend HOURS if not DAYS playing Monopoly! We didn't always follow the rules... we didn't make you have all of the one color before you could start putting houses or hotels, so the game went on for forever! Everyone had houses and hotels everywhere!

I'm thankful today for those memories! For the fond times with my siblings that I can look back on with a smile :) I pay that my own children have such good memories of the time they spend with their siblings!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  06:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 15 Monopoly..... I think I may have played once or twice as a kid, can only remember the get out of jail square....

Today... my daughter is moving back home from living in FL for 4 1/2 years. She will be staying with us until she resettles....Yay#128512;

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  06:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BIG difference moving back from Florida to CT! But super excited for you!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  1:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monopoly....I'm with Shannon - used to play it as a family when I was younger, but my kiddos are still a bit young right now :)

Today I'm thankful for my pressure canner!!! And my 7 lovely jars of mulberry jam that are just DELISH - made with just a wee bit of honey :)

Question - on several posts I've seen #128512 - what does this mean?

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  1:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, #128512 is supposed to be a happy face. Looks as though the html is messed up.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  2:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, my internet was down for a good bit of the weekend, and that means I need to catch up.

Day 11: I'm thankful that my children were well-behaved all day while daddy was working late.
Day 12: I'm thankful that I got to go out to dinner with my husband tonight! A rare occasion indeed.
Day 13: I'm thankful that I got to sleep until noon! (kids spent the night at aunt and uncles) And then clean out my craft room for a good part of the day.
Day 14: So thankful for a sunny, warm day. It really does not feel like the end of June lately, but yesterday was lovely.
Day 15: I'm thankful for clean sheets! Washed my sheets today.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  8:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We played Monopoly a lot when I was a kid. Actually, we played quite a few board games. DH does not care for board games for some reason. So, our kids didn't really play them a lot. We didn't want to exclude him. Although when we did play them, he would stand on the outside advising people how to play. grrr. lol.

Day 15: I am grateful for getting through this very busy day! Good night.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2015 :  10:30:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kathleen :) I was so confused :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2015 :  05:13:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 16: While I am enjoying the idea of the book - to be thankful for even the seemingly small things - I am really having a hard time relating to some of these things... Am I the only one who got rid of all the old stuff from past boyfriends when I got engaged/married? Nope - cannot relate today!

Last night was a really rough night, sleep-wise. Leg cramps, children crying, hubby not turing his alarm clock off, but getting in the shower (his alarm goes off at 4 and he loves his snooze button), having to go to the bathroom.... yup not the best night of sleep. HOWEVER sleeping in to 8 and all six kids of mine still sleeping - AWESOME!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Farmgirl Gratitude   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page