hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  04:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 8: Not sure I have ever taken an illegal nap! With that said, I definitely enjoy regular naps, lol. In fact, I think that is what I am thankful for... knowing that nap/quiet time is this afternoon, so hopefully this exhausted momma can get some rest! For some reason, my children thought 0630 was the time to be up!?!? TOO EARLY! But I can look forward to them laying down this afternoon and me catching a few minutes of quiet and rest!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  04:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 8: When I was a "working" person however, I would occasionally take a ten minute break and go sit in my car for a quick nap. Nearly everyone in the office would go outside for smoke breaks and be gone for 40 minutes, so since I didn't smoke I used the time for a quick "pick me up" nap. Those breaks were so refreshing!

With "naps" being the topic of the day, I am grateful for any day I do not need to have one. I have a sleep disorder (for which I am being treated) that makes me fall asleep if I sit still for more than 10 minutes. So I am always tired and sleepy... not the best way to spend a beautiful spring day.

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447

http://hennypennyfarm.blogspot.com/
https://www.pinterest.com/Time2SewCTHome/
www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  05:32:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 8: Since I am retired and deal with MS fatigue I have become an expert on napping. I have never napped illegally ~~~never even thought of it.

Today I am thankful for my three chickens, Claude, Maude, and MoDean. It’s fun to watch them first thing in the mornings, when they are let out of their coop, and don’t know which way to go first. For a few minutes they are chasing birds, running here, running there, until they settle down to scratching in one of their favorite spots.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  05:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 8: I am the worst napper ever. I hardly ever take naps because I wake up mad at the world. If I fall asleep in the middle of the day I just want to sleep for hours and hours. Instead of napping I usually have coffee or tea in the afternoon to pick me up. I'm pretty sure the only time I've "illegally napped" is at home with a new infant. I'm not really sure if that counts though, because my mom was always staying at my house.

Today I am thankful for the beautiful wildflower bouquet my mom got for me last week. It's still going strong in my kitchen, brightening it up. I just love having flowers in my house. Just like that Monet quote - "I must have flowers, always and always." That's how I feel.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  06:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 8: The only naps I think are illegal are for babysitters to nap while their charges are up. I am a big believer in "drop in" visits. That said, I love naps!!! I also love that since my new med I don't seem to need as many for as long. Awesome!

Today I am grateful for getting up early. I am spending the early morning awake at the same time as DH. Amazing!

Erin, I'm with you! I absolutely love fresh flowers in the house!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2015 :  10:11:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 8: I'm thankful for my new ducklings :D

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  04:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 9: I'm not able to really comment on today's reading... we don't eat cold cereal... partially because gluten free cereal is so expensive for a family our size! But even besides that, I don't like milk, unless it is chocolate or it is mixed in something - cereal doesn't count as it tastes too much like milk.

Today I am thankful for..... an extra hour to get done! Last night our electric went out. Hubby used my computer, which my brother in SD just mailed us back after replacing my hard drive, to set the clock.... however my dear brother has my clock on my computer set to his time... which is three hours behind us. My poor hubby added 4 hours. So everyone got up an hour early today. Sadly this means my hubby went to work an hour early (he was there at 5 instead of 6 this morning!), but at least I can get more done before DD1 - almost 2 gets her cast off. Yup - her cast finally comes off today... on hubby's birthday :)

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  05:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am so happy for her.

Day 9: As I have said before I have a problem with being able to read long passages, so I do not even try to do so unless it’s important to me. Ratio of milk to cereal is not so I didn’t read it. I can relate to the title. Like this morning when the ratio of sugar & tea in my morning tea was perfect.

Today I will be putting gas in my car so I am thankful that I have a car and the money to fill it up. The Lord is good to me. Awesome!

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  09:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 8: Naps...hmmmm....can't say I can relate to this one today as my three kiddos keep me from napping :) I do love staying in bed until 8am on Saturday mornings though :D

Day 9: Cereals are a treat here - we have organic cereals that we eat - and the sweeter ones like lucky charms are definitely a treat! We prefer oatmeal or eggs and toast :) Today I'm thankful for the people that God has put in my life to encourage me in my walk with him.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Edited by - GinghamGirl on Jun 23 2015 12:26:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  10:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 9: Cereal, Milk..sugar.... When I was a kid I could have lived on it. Of course back then the only dry cereal we got was Cheerios or those awful little hay bales (can't remember the name). The only way I could choke either of them down was with milk, until they were soggy, and enough sugar to hide the flavor (?) of the cereal and the powdered or evaporated milk which was awful. My mother would use twice as much water as needed in order to make the milk stretch.
Yes I said I could have lived on it, only because it was the most edible and filling food my mother could provide. My poor mother, I don't know how she managed with three little kids and very little income.

Thankful for my beautiful, sweet grandsons. There is nothing like being greeted with those little faces glowing and arms outstretched ready for hugging as they come running so happy to see Grandma. I spent the morning with DD + 3 yr and 6 year old picking strawberries. It was so much fun being with them. The 3 yr old showed me the "basket" he filled and told me he would be making strawberry pie when we got home and how he wanted me to stay and have some with him.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  12:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only time I eat cereal is when I'm on vacation as a treat. My kids eat it almost every day. Usually the honey nut cheerios, but occasionally daddy likes to spoil them with something fun like lucky charms. They're pretty lucky when that happens, because I think honey nut cheerios have too much sugar, so I definitely wouldn't get the other stuff.

Day 9: Today I am thankful for long walks. I love to walk around our block (3 miles), but I don't get to as much as I'd like. My mom is leaving today, but every day that it's been nice since she's been here I've gotten a walk in. It always makes me so happy.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2015 :  5:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't eat/care for cereal with sugar and milk. So, this one was hard for me. I used to eat it when I was first adopted until my mom heard I got sick and lost it as soon as I would get to school. Then, I ate toast. My kids loved their cereal. DH eats his with water. (don't even ask.

Day 9: Today I am grateful that my DGD "actually asked" to spend the day with us. She is 18. What a gift!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  05:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 10: Loved loved loved today's reading :) There is something very special about babies in general. Guess I'm a sentimental sap ;)

Today I am thankful that my 2 yo no longer has a cast :) She will have a limp for the next two to six weeks, but she is starting to walk on it again, nonetheless :) I have never seen a child so excited to take a bath as she was last night!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  06:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 10: I only know about patty-cake & peek-a-boo with babies. Next time I am around the triplets I’ll have to try it.

Today I am grateful for the man that is on his way to put my chicken coop together. I have had it for a couple of months, but couldn’t find anybody to do it. Where have all the ‘handy men’ gone?

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  06:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 10: Same here: patty-cake and peek-a-boo with the babies.

Today .... mmmmm.... My mom just turned 90, three of her sibs are also alive and kicking and are all older than her. I am thankful they are still available to visit and talk with. My family was a "Walton's" family, the aunts and uncles and kids were always nearby.... Sunday dinners, game night (they all played Keeno at my grandmother's kitchen table one night a week) while we little ones were laying on the kitchen floor upstairs watching through the heat register in the floor. My mom and us lived in the tiny apartment above my grandmother at her house.
With my memory issues, I am so glad to still have a few "old" ones to recall now and then.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  08:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My great-grand daughter learned to high-five from her dad. So, we could patta-cake, peek-a-boo and high-five. I always miss the hand with adults; but she hit mine every time.

Day 10: Today I'm grateful for being able to sleep in after 2 days of running on non-stop.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  10:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 10: Today I am thankful for my babies. Well, they aren't babies anymore. They drive me nuts quite a bit, but they also make me so happy. I can't believe I get to be their mom. I just thank God for them.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  6:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awwwww, Erin! That's pretty sweet!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2015 :  7:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin - you made my day! I was sitting here thinking earlier that I am the only mother whose kids drive them nuts! I was seriously beating myself up and trying to figure out what I am doing wrong! Every blog post I read or parenting book is always about "do this and your kids will be great" or all these fun things everyone does as a family... and yet, I struggle! I love my children, and in public they are well behaved respectful children. At home, we have fun, but my goodness they drive me nuts at times! Thank you for helping me remember that it is not just me!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  05:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 11: There was a time in my life when sitting alone in a cafeteria or café bothered me, but no more. Thirty years ago I discovered that I liked my own company, and though it’s always good to share a meal I am at peace and happy at a table for one.

Today I am thankful for the Lord’s presence in my life each and every day.

Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  05:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 11: I never enjoyed the cafeteria, or even restaurants, whether alone or with someone. They've always made me feel uncomfortable. Give me a picnic table or even a tail-gate or a big rock at the sea-side and I am in a happy place.

Today: Fresh, clean, crisp air, a soft breeze and my laundry drying on the clothesline....... love that smell, it creates new and recalls sweet memories.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  06:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 11: I've so been there... and detest cafeterias... but I think this one goes a little deeper than what it says, at least for me this morning... It is times when you feel alone BUT NEED other people... and then your friends encourage you and want to come beside you. I am thankful for that today... when life is HARD. When you feel ALONE. When you just need to VENT. When you just need SOMEONE. And then a friend spots you and comes along side of you - for ENCOURAGEMENT. To HELP you. To LOVE you. To just BE THERE.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  08:45:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always had a difficult time going out to eat alone. I don't mind cafeterias if I am with someone. I usually used my breaks or lunch-time at work for errands. So, I only used cafeterias if I was with family. I didn't use the cafeteria at school. (no money for that). Now that I am older I could probably eat out alone. I don't think I would worry so much about being alone. However, I love to run into people I know and be included in their company.

Day 11: I am grateful for a little quiet time today to do this, and then to work a little on hand quilting.

Shannon, it sounds like you are doing a great job with your kids and your self! Its your job to go a little nuts. Its their job right now to drive you a little nuts! Its your unique family and personalities. Imagine how boring it would be if you were all pictures of our ideas of perfection? Yuk! I'm an auld grammy now and realize now I tried so hard to make the perfect family and kids. I was just dancing too fast! Just enjoy yourself and your letting your self kids be free to themselves. You are doing just fine!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jun 26 2015 5:13:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kathleen
Moosup CT
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  09:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With so many quiet days ... one after another, all the same... I really miss having my little kids driving me nuts.

Enjoy going nuts...... it's a gift you will someday treasure.

www.time-2-sew.com

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2015 :  10:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Day 10: LOVE high fives with little ones :) Thankful for: amazing examiners who made me feel so welcome - but were professional. An amazing experience - I don't find out if I passed my exam for another couple of weeks, but I'm still thankful for a positive experience and these wonderful examiners!

Day 11: Can't say I feel comfortable eating by myself...if I have a good book then I just forget I'm by myself, but I can't say I really did it that often anyway :) I'm always with someone it seems. Thankful for: the wonderful wonderful "mother" type figure that took me to my exam yesterday and took my mind off of stressing and dwelling on it...and drove with me (it was a 12 hour day as we had to take a 2 hour ferry ride to get there)...it's amazing the people God has brought in our lives :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Farmgirl Gratitude   
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page