Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Daffodills anf Fleas? Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  3:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
I have 1000s of bulbs I planted last year (Yep 1000s) so I could cut flowers and bring into the house and still have them in the gardens too. Twice now I have cut flowers and brought into the house only to have small dark bugs come crawling out of them as they warmed up. They look like fleas, jump like fleas. They are hard when you squash them with your fingers. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas on what they are? Any ideas on what I can do to bring them in the house? I washed all the flowers and soaked them in water but the bugs just keep comeing. I promised my students I would bring them flowers Friday to take home but how can I do that when they are buggy. I am so bummed to think that I planted all those bulbs to have them taken over by bugs and have to remain in the gardens. Help Please! Now my skin is crawling I feel like I have bugs.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  5:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't know Betty Jo- can you post a picture of the bug? Maybe a weak vinegar water wash? I don't know what that would do to the structure of the flower, but most bugs hate vinegar.

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Daffodills anf Fleas? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page