Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Cleaning Up Home Insulation Beginner -
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Cleaning Up Home Insulation Beginner - Next Topic  

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

688 Posts

Emily
Chambersburg PA
USA
688 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2024 :  05:01:51 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back to the Farmgirl forums, have I missed everyone, you have no idea. Life threw me a curveball and here I am in my own place, paying my own bills and being my own person. So what do I officially decide to do, I go back to my favorite farmgirl badges. So moving from Canada to the United States I got to find my own place. I settled in a townhouse, it is newly built in the last 3 years, so as I have begun to hang pictures etc, I found myself figuring out the insulation within my new home.

I currently have pink fiberglass insulation and energy efficient windows. I do not have access to the attic at this time, but reviewing my packet they used very good insulation in the attic and it qualified for rebates from the electric company when they built the townhouse. My favorite place that the double pane windows have effected is my wallet, for the first month of living, and way more air conditioning than I would like to admit, it was only $88.

As I work from home, another small way I have found is that I keep a small fan blowing in my direction, keeps me on the cooler side while keeping my electric bill lower. Air flow is the friend of cooling.

Glad to be back!

---
Farmgirl #2951
2012 Farmgirl of the Year
---
TikTok: Awakenthedeadexperiences
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Cleaning Up Home Insulation Beginner - Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page