16367 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16367 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2024 :  3:13:13 PM  Show Profile
The theme for May Mail Art 2024 is:

Language

How fun can this be? We know you don't have time to learn to speak another language. But you might make a little 'blank' journal with one page featuring words in, say, Italian, like 'Glitterati Literati,' and the opposite page featuring the English translation, 'Beautiful Literature.'

Hold on. Your creation doesn't have to be about a foreign language. How about the 'Language of Flowers,' which was a big deal in Victorian times? Wouldn't a handmade Victorian card be lovely?

Or ... what's the Japanese character for 'love'? Paint a picture with that symbol.

Or ... how about sign language for the deaf? Or the new developing language, 'protractile,' for the deafblind?

Would an auto mechanic have any clue what a 'fat quarter' was?

Colloquial this and that, by golly, by gum. You say tomahto, I say tomaeto.

If this is your first time signing up for Mail Art, please visit the topic Farmgirl Mail Art to read our guidelines, https://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=83588&whichpage=1

For June 2024 Mail Art, please leave a comment on this thread stating you'd like to join in.

Sign-up is available through May 15th. If your comment appears after you've posted it, that means you're on the roster.

I’ll send an email with your partner to you by May 19th. Please send your Mail Art before June 30th, and be sure to include enough postage for your Mail Art to reach its destination.

Please post a comment on this thread once you receive your mail art to let your sender know you've received her art. If you can add a picture, we’d love to see your mail art!

If you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email at farmgirlsisterhood@maryjanesfarm.org. We're happy to help.

Happy mail art creating!

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4364 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4364 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2024 :  8:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhh, LOVE,love this idea Mary Jane! How ingenious these mail art swaps are!! Sign me up 'ce vu plait'! Language of love, language of food, language of bees,yada, yada!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6579 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6579 Posts

Posted - May 01 2024 :  12:40:39 PM  Show Profile
Language of family, language of friendship, what fun please sign me up too MaryJane.
I will not be able to join the June swap after all but I look forward to July Mail Art.
Thank you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012, February 2018, September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple, I am Old now!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on May 30 2024 12:19:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2691 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2691 Posts

Posted - May 04 2024 :  10:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mary Jane, I would love to join in as well. Thank you !

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

citychick03
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Emily
BENSALEM PA
USA
12 Posts

Posted - May 04 2024 :  4:11:11 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join this mail art, too! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

335 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 14 2024 :  5:26:56 PM  Show Profile
I would like to join this mail art, it will put some fun in my "B" day month, LOL
Thank you.

VT Oma #5766
Under a tall tree I will lie, and let the clouds go sailing by. - J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16367 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16367 Posts

Posted - May 24 2024 :  06:46:23 AM  Show Profile
Those members who signed up were paired last week and emails sent out. So far, we haven't heard from:

Dianna/Suny58
or
Emily/citychick03

Can we hear a Hay!!!! that you did or didn't receive an email through the chatroom telling you who your partner is??

Here are our mail art couples:

Dianna/Suny58 and April/Dreamer42

Sheila/VT Oma and Emily/citychick03

Debbie L./Blessed in Colorado and MaryJane/MaryJane

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

335 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
335 Posts

Posted - May 26 2024 :  1:32:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, I did get an email letting me know who my partner was. I sent an email to Emily asking for her mailing address. I have not heard from her but I have not checked email today otherwise I will let you know if I do hear from her.

Thanks, VT Oma #5766

VT Oma #5766
Under a tall tree I will lie, and let the clouds go sailing by. - J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4364 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4364 Posts

Posted - May 27 2024 :  6:48:07 PM  Show Profile
I was out of town last week until late Thursday. Recouping and will mail my att project off Friday. I'm sorry I didn't respond! I had to get everything ready before I left!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6579 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6579 Posts

Posted - May 27 2024 :  8:14:02 PM  Show Profile
MaryJane your package is going out in tomorrow Tuesday you should have it by Friday. I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed making it for you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16367 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16367 Posts

Posted - May 27 2024 :  9:25:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm looking forward to getting your package Debbie. It'll be perfect I'm sure! That's the beauty of mail art--it's the creator and creation of it that's most important. I have yours partially completed. Just need more than two shakes of a lamb's tail to get it finished.

Sheila/VT Oma, have you heard from Emily/citychick03, your partner????

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4364 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2024 :  08:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Sent off April's on Friday! MaryJane, this was a tough one to come up with for me, brains not working too well but once I thought of something 'language' speaking, I flew threw it! I love your challenges! :)]

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16367 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16367 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2024 :  07:35:55 AM  Show Profile
That's great news Dianna. I'm putting the finishing touches on my mail art. Hopefully, I'll find time this weekend to finish it. My first B&B guests of the season show up Thursday. We've had every surprise from leaky roofs to an invasion of ants in the shower house:)

Debbie!!!!!!!

I got your mail art late Friday. Every time I walk by it on my counter, it puts a smile on my face. I open it up to a different page every day. Your little handmade book is full of surprises and hidden treasures. Happy. It's my happy place.

I've never come across Fair Trade's Friendship Tea. Such an excellent idea! And so good and wholesome. I need to get some for gifts as well. It's the perfect statement.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6579 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6579 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2024 :  08:14:18 AM  Show Profile
Maryjane, I am so happy your little book arrived and it makes you smiles. I ran across the fair trade tea on Amazon first time I had seen it too. Enjoy both.
Have a beautiful rest of your week.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4364 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2024 :  7:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Mary Jane, I'm so sorry to hear all the troubles! Yuk. They do seem to hit all a0t once in the most inopportune time! ( here too) I hope everything is ready for your first guests now! Someday I hope to be one! :)

Debbie, how sweet is that! I love it! Funny, there were so many ideas as floating in my head and I too settled on the language of friendship! Great minds. .

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4364 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2024 :  6:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Well, the postal system has done it again! Mail priority may 31 and they did good getting it to Portland June 3rd. But for some crazy reason they sent it on to Rochester NY, then several NY facilities in which now its going in a circular circuit between Elmira, Rochester and big flats, twice. Ummm, duh? So I called and reported it Friday am. Let's see if they can get it unstuck. In the meantime, I'm working as quick as I can on number two.

So sorry April

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6579 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6579 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2024 :  7:04:17 PM  Show Profile
Just crazy .

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4364 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2024 :  3:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Thank goodness, April got her box yesterday. It was crushed but luckily, I had used sturdy materials! Lol, 10 days for 3 day delivery. Why is the system getting worse as prices are going up? :(

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

335 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2024 :  10:47:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Emily, I sent you a request for your mailing address and have not heard back. If something has come up and your not able to participate that's ok, just send me an email.
Thanks, hope all is well Sheila

VT Oma #5766

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2691 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2691 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2024 :  4:11:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, I receive the most beautiful friendship totem from Dianna! It made it's way around the country before it decided to arrive, so this beautiful little lady is well travelled! I love her, Dianna, thank you! And, the put the friendship sticker on her as well, where you had it tucked under the ribbon. Thank you for such a beautiful mailart! Yours in finally completed, and I hope to get it in the mail by mid week, need to pack it now, as yours is fragile. I'm so sorry it's running late, I started this new job and it's been quite the challenge to adapt! Thank you for your patience!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6579 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6579 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2024 :  6:55:59 PM  Show Profile
Dianna and April the Friendship Totem is beautiful, what a wonderful gift of Language, Friendship.
I particularly enjoyed this month’s challenge.
Thank you MaryJane for a great May Challenge.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7579 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7579 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2024 :  7:02:18 PM  Show Profile
What a pretty gift April and Dianna!
Glad it finally got it to you!

Have a good week everyone.

Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.
I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer
Just. follow God unquestionably Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I TRUST IN YOU JESUS

#4943 - March 2013
FGOTM June 2013
FGOTY 2016

Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

335 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2024 :  06:07:06 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Emily for connecting with me, Have a Great rest of your week.

VT Oma #5766

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6579 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6579 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2024 :  08:28:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much MaryJane for my May Language Swap Artwork Envelopes that arrived yesterday. We spent lunch looking at the words, trying to pronounce them and then trying to figure out their meaning. We guessed one or two, what fun we had and spent quality family time together. Thank you too for sending along the meanings for the words as well, all such interesting words. Nope we did not get the meaning of most but enjoyed reading your antidotes you added to the definitions.
Thank you again MaryJane another great Mail Art Swap.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
With Colorado on My Mind

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4364 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2024 :  4:52:33 PM  Show Profile
Ok! THAT is ultra cool! I love your take on the swap MaryJane! Ingenious!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2691 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2691 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2024 :  7:32:52 PM  Show Profile
Dianna, I'm so sorry for the delay, finally got your mail art done and it's even packaged, I need to find a box and it will be in the mail to you, hopefully monday!! I'll let you know!! XO

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Mail Art:  May Mail Art 2024 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page