Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail Next Topic
Page: of 8

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile
oh this will be so much fun...i always love good mail!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  6:15:49 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to see them all! Since I am home for the summer, I will definitely make the quilt top to add to my collection!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  7:13:11 PM  Show Profile
OK, I have them all packaged and ready to mail off on Monday. They will be out by noon and on their way to you all. You are all going to be so pleased. There are so many styles and techniques. These will make a lovely quilt top. I am going to use sashing in between blocks to separate each one and appreciate each bloack.

I forgot to mention that Denise/nicie did hers all be hand (hand piecing). That's a lot of time and love in there.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  11:29:38 PM  Show Profile
Ya, can't wait and way to go nicie!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  12:00:52 AM  Show Profile
what a treat for all of us!! Thanks Nicie!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  08:38:08 AM  Show Profile
OK, the packages ww=ent out this morning. Hope you all have them in your hands this week. Carrie, I hope your comes in a couple weeks.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  1:07:17 PM  Show Profile
OMG!!! The blocks came in today's mail already!! They are so amazing that I might have to put them together this weekend!! Another one for the clothesline!! Thank you so much girls, they are all so special and I will always remember how much fun we had together with this swap.

Thank you again Clare! You guys are the best!!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  2:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Hurray!! The first one has arrived. I am so glad you enjoyed your package, and I can't wait to see your finished top.

As much as I want to do this one soon, I have two baby quilts I need to do first. Please post pictures when you get your put together.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  2:57:41 PM  Show Profile
I will post pictures as soon as I get it done. When my daughter collected the mail today she wanted to know why I was mailing stuff to myself. She thought I was lonely or something! She felt sorry for me until I told her what it was! How funny kids are.

When I go back to work, it will be so weird. I love being able to talk to you guys throughout the day and sew and read and cook whenever I want. I had better enjoy the next 6 1/2 weeks.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  3:07:01 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Sherly-lyn, check out the Slouchy Bag I just posted. That was my project today.Jake wants to give it to his swim instructor at his last lesson on Friday.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  4:13:22 PM  Show Profile
I have already been there!! WOWOWOWIE!! I adore it and cannot wait to make one too. I have some cool Amy Butler fabric I got last summer in Vermont and was looking for the perfect bag to make my dd! She loved it too.

Right now, I am almost done with the flowers I am making to applique onto another quilt top. I did them a different way than usual (quick turn using fusible interfacing) and even though it took longer and I did not do a perfect job (first time) I think it will be cool. I'll post it next week I hope.

I am in the mystery quilt class tomorrow night and we are doing America!! I chose red/white/blue fabrics so cannot wait to see it. It's all because of you guys and the swap we just did that I picked those colors. I'll be bringing my blocks you just sent to show everyone. They are fascinated with our swaps online.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how much fun to take a quilting class. Our one shop closed, but another lady bought the stock and will open one soon. I keep driving by when I go to town to check progress. I hope she offers classes. It's a great way to work/sew, socialize and relax. Have a great time in your "America" class, Sheryl-lyn.

thanks for the nice comments on the bag. I think it is a great one for the young crowd.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:23:36 PM  Show Profile
You must have a ton of quilting shops in your area, no? Are you far from Amish country? I will have to look to see in my quilt shop books if there is anything close to you. I sometimes do blocks of the month online too. There are a lot of them that will send it monthly. I did one in all wool and flannel (not done yet with that one though!) and enjoyed getting the package in the mail at the beginning of each month. I actually have most of it done. That is the most beautiful one I ever did I think. Maybe no one else will think so, but it is stunning. I'll have to get it done this winter and take a picture.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:47:54 PM  Show Profile
Holy smokes...i got my blocks, too!!! Man are these ever cool, I just love all of you!! I cannot wait to do something with these!! Sherl lyn I can only imagine how cool it must be to take your quilt classes...have fun!!

By the way Clare, I spent most of my day turning in county fair entries and did not make it out until after the post office closed..so you will get mail from me mailed out tomorrow!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  6:12:21 PM  Show Profile
Hurray, good mail to look forward to!!! I can use some nice mail. It seems like I am getting bills lately. :-)

Good luck on your fair entries. This year only my daughter is entering stuff in 4H. We are taking a year off, and wouldn't you know I have gotten so many things sewed up i nthe last couple of months! My favorite part of the fair is checking out the 4H and open entries (adults and kids) in our red metal building.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  06:39:34 AM  Show Profile
Clare,
I received my blocks yesterday.
Thank you.
Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  12:10:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi I received my blocks today. They are so very nice.

Thanks,

Denise

Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  1:57:39 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,
I was a little busy this morning so I could not say too much. I also had to verify something with Clare. I missed one of her email. Opps! And you all must know by now that I love to talk.
So I received my blocks yesterday. They are great. Such a variety.
Merle, your blocks are wonderful!! Everyone is going to just love them! The seeds are the perfect touch.
Denise, Hand stitched blocks! That must have taken you a while to do. I love the pattern.
Clare, your points are perfece and another stitched block, when do you find the time.
I could go on and on with everyones blocks. They are all great.
It is amazing how many different patterns and fabric prints there are. You would think that one of us would have had the same print.
The scrap blocks, and crazy 9s. One has some fancy stitching. Embroidered! Great blocks.
I have been a little pre occupied at home but things are looking great now.
I can't wait for the next swap.
Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  4:23:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Denise and KAthy. First off Kathy, I sure hope all is going well at home. I read on another section about your dh and hope you are a match and preparing for al lthat involves. I am praying for all of you there.

Denise, I hope everything is better with your mom. I am glad you got your package of blocks and sure hope they bring some sunshine into your day.

I hope the rest of you get yours by sat and carrie's might take a little longer since they are going to Canada. They all went out on Monday morning, so they should be there this week.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  11:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Mine came today they are all so pretty I could cry lovely job ladies.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  4:30:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I am so glad you got them sunshine. I was worried that the yo-yos arrived first. Well, the mail still works. yeah!!

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  07:58:16 AM  Show Profile
I got home from NY the other day and there was a big fat package for me! I didn't even unpack, just ripped it open and they are beautiful! I can't believe they all go together so well. I can't wait to stitch them together. I did notice that on my own blocks some of my seeds seem loose, so if anybody looses seeds let me know as I have bunch here and I can put them in the mail for you. Thank you everyone.
Merle
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  08:29:20 AM  Show Profile
Merle...your blocks are just amazing...I am a quilting chicken and you are an inspiration!! We just love your blocks!! Thank you so much!!...jess and carmen
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  4:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  5:57:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey, cool, sunshine!! Thank you so muc hfor posting the pictures of the block so everyone can see them.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page