Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail Next Topic
Page: of 8

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  10:49:24 PM  Show Profile
She is 7 1/2. She is pretty good at this kind of stuff. She made a doll for the last doll swap, is working on 2 more for the current doll swap, she did 36 clothespins for the clothespin swap, learned to make yo yos for the yo yo swap, made a pillow for sunshine's daughter and some other little stuff...she loves to look at my swap list and figure out where she can squeeze in! She loves to sew, knit, and crochet!!! She may start drop spindling in July if all goes as planned! These squares are really mostly her, with a lot of needle rethreading from me. I hop everyone likes them. Jess
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  11:02:57 PM  Show Profile
Wow that is fab she will have some great skills to pass on. She definately has a creative personality. It is so nice when children also want to learn these skills because even when they get busy socially they will always be able to pick it up. Tell her I say high five.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:16:42 AM  Show Profile
Right on, will do!!jess
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  04:31:43 AM  Show Profile
After she learns drop spindling, be prepared to buy a spinning wheel. Maddie started spinning about 8 years old. Even as they get older, Maddie will spin periodically or knit or hand embroider. She is in the sewing mode as of late. I love that girls want to learn and try all of these things. they will keep doing it as they get older. they will always feel creatvie and competent. I can't wait to see the blocks, Jessica.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  06:12:36 AM  Show Profile
They are really great, we laid em all out last night edge to edge, and they are so patriotic, and I really love them...although we do have 4 left to go!
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:03:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all.
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was very satisfying. The weather was beautiful!
Where to start…

Friday night my husband took me to the shore for Pizza. I know its not fancy but it was a lot of fun. We are only about an hour form Seaside and the boardwalk. I love going but sometimes I feel so old compared to the kids we see walking around, playing the games and so on.
Saturday morning I got up early to do the laundry and finished my blocks. Yes my blocks are done and ready to go. La, la, la. I am doing the happy dance!
…( I am going to apologize now for any little pieces of paper still stuck to some of the blocks. I tried my best. But I have been assured that once they are quilted and washed the paper will disappear. )…
I also made a pair of pants. They are nothing fancy. Just “pull- on’” with an elastic waistband. But what the heck, they fit and they even don’t look too bad. But, before I finished my blocks, my husband got a call at 9:00 am and had to go to work. He does field service on large power invertors and drives and was working “on call” Saturday. Needless to say, He did not get back until 9:15pm. What a long day for him. He was totally wiped out when he got home. He was in a plastic factory fixing an extruder machine that one of the workers blew up. He said it was a mess. The factory was very hot and dirty. Oh and the plastics stink. Plastic and corrugated box companies are the worst. They are so dirty and stinky. He says they are like a sweat shops.
We didn’t go up to see my parents yet. My sister postponed our Fabric shopping spree for another weekend. And no work was done around the house either.
Sunday I went to a bridal shower. It was very nice. Later I took a trip alone to the local “Rag Shop” to see what kinds of sales they had going. They are going out of business. I need to stock up on fabric because I only have about 6 boxes. And we all know that you can never have too much fabric! I also need a new 6 ˝ square template/ruler. I dropped mine again and broke a bit of the corner off.
I had some blood work done this morning so I did not get a chance to post my package out. My husband needs a Kidney and we are seeing if I am a good match or not.
If not he is going to talk to his brother again. It’s a hard thing to ask someone. His brother has a wife and 4 kids. It could be a financial burden on him and his family seeing he might be out of work for 3 or 4 weeks.
But I could use the time off. Imagine how much sewing and quilting I could get done. Maybe even get a top finished not just blocks made.

Any way, my blocks will go out first thing tomorrow morning. Since they are going only one state to the west, I am sure Clare will have them before Friday.
Everyone have a great week. I can’t wait to see all the blocks swapped out.

Kathy H

Grace, You are right. Never slow down. I truly don't thing that I ever will, God willing!
Jess, Your 7 1/2 year old daugher is sewing and quilting. That is great. I wish my daugher would take a little interest in it.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  08:09:26 AM  Show Profile
I cannot wait to see your blocks...paper piecing you girls are all my inspiration!!!! Mine are going out tomorrrow as well!!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  11:06:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Kathy. I am assuming you got to the beach by motorcycle. Pizza is one of my favorite food outings. It is reliable, tastes yummy, quick, and the kids eat it, too. Sounds like a great morning. It's too bad hubby had such a long, smelly and hot and tiring field call. I am always so grateful for the men and women who keep us up and running here in the USA.

I see your weekend turned out to be less rushed with the visit to your mom's postponed and the fabric shop hopping put off to a later date. I love how things work out and find a way to be somewhat saner for us.

I can't wait to see your blocks. I will be off for Wed to Friday, but I should be back in time to get the mail Friday evening. I'll post and let you know when they come in.

For anyone who might be interested, you can sew the paper pieced block into your quilt top, and if there are any remaining pieces of paper, you can rip them out then. The seams will be more stabilized and can take any extra tugging. I am sure these are beautiful. I can't wait to see them!!

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:42:30 PM  Show Profile
I am almost done with my blocks!! Most definitely by tomorrow evening and into the mail on Wednesday. I might put the blocks from the other swap together tomorrow night too, if I am done by the afternoon with the new ones. That will be an easy chore since the hard work is over on that one. Did anyone get that first one put together yet? I'd love some ideas as to how you did it.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:53:09 PM  Show Profile
grace did hers, look on katmom's blog.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:57:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jess, I did take a look. It came out so adorable. I forgot that I made all of those really large blocks the first time around because I could not cut them down correctly. I may make a full size quilt with those by adding sashing and then make a tablecloth to match using the smaller ones. I cannot wait. Anyway, I got my blocks done for this one!! It was a simple block since I did machine embroidery, so it did not take long. AGAIN, made a measuring mistake and started to add too much to each side, but caught myself after only 2 and made them the correct size.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  6:00:22 PM  Show Profile
We should do a swap with either fall colors or Christmas colors next. This makes me get stuff done!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  7:20:48 PM  Show Profile
yes, do you want to be the mama, Sherl-lyn? Think about it, make the rules and let us know after this one is off to Clare!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile
I would be interested in another block swap after this one. Fall theme sounds good to me.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  08:45:56 AM  Show Profile
My radar was buzzing this morning. Did some one say fall theme swap????
You can count me in when you are ready for sign ups.
I also like the idea of a winter theme block. Or snowman blocks...

Block swaps, they are like potato chips, you can't just have one.....

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  09:13:47 AM  Show Profile
Ohoh ohoh I wanna play too!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  09:34:59 AM  Show Profile
Oooooh I cannot wait for fall theme, and snowman blocks, I have just the fabric...who will be the mama's...oh, I know one at a time, we are all friendly swappers, right?!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:11:44 PM  Show Profile
I will gladly be the momma on the fall theme and then on a winter one if you want. It's only right to take a turn, right? Hope I am as organized as you all are! I'll put all the details in after we get this one done. This will give us plenty of time to do it. YAY!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  1:16:56 PM  Show Profile
whooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait.
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  2:00:52 PM  Show Profile
Just put mine in the mail. Tey said they should arrive by Thur or Fri. I hopw you guys like them!
Merle
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  2:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Fall swap sounds great to me, especially on this hot, humid, muggy day! I'd volunteer to be swap-momma, but I can barely get my squares done on time let alone be responsible to get them all back out to you all. I'm happy to be a joiner and let someone else be the leader! And I thank all you leaders for volunteering and being so good and patient with all of us!!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  2:09:48 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, you are so sweet, all the time. What are we going to do with you?!! Is it not pouring down rain there like it is here?
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  09:50:17 AM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn,
Again the happy dance is happening to my feet. Thank you for hosting another swap. I can't wait to see the details. (shh, don't say anything but maybe I could host the winter/snowman theme. I am still kind of new here. Just don't tell the others yet)

OH, Kathy in IN, it is hot and muggy here in New Jersey this week. They are saying we should be cooling off come this weekend.

Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  10:15:33 AM  Show Profile
you will achieve true blue faster if you host a swap here, khartquilt!! :) I know that is your goal, and from looking at your other block swap, you'd be perfect for the snowman one!! Whhoooo hooooo!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  1:42:10 PM  Show Profile
I am happy you all want to do another one soon! I love the fall and would be so thrilled to be working with those rich fall colors in a month or so!

Kathy in NJ: I will not tell anyone you WILL host the snowman/winter themed quilt, ok? It is super hot and muggy here on Long Island too. It was 90 by lunchtime again.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page