Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail Next Topic
Page: of 8

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  07:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I always give grace periods. I know life happens
I will probably mail mine on the last day as I haven't even started do to the move. That is on eof my first projects after moving in to do make these blocks knit a bunch of wash cloths and make 15 mini aprons. In that order.
have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 15 2007 07:54:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  08:27:00 AM  Show Profile
I know you always give grace periods, Sunshine! You're a sweetheart of a swap-mistress! I was just teasing, because I always seem to be in that "last minute rush" mode to get these things done!

And, you should be PACKING!! How are you doing with the move coming up TOMORROW?? I'd be a wreck with only a little over a week to get the whole house and three kids packed up & moved!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  08:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I guess I am doing ok I have through my back out and dropped a book case on my right foot and got a headache from the heat in my attic. But I have 1 bathroom packed my big hallway packed 2 kids bedrooms and the family room done going to work on the front room today and my bedroom and upstairs bath ( I have been trying to avoid the upstairs but yesterday had to to do the attic as going up and down the stairs is painful at the moment. I am going the the chiropractor in about 1 hour in the hopes that will help. I am ignoring the basement and sheds as that is mostly my husbands stuff and he will get to deal with it monday or tuesday if all goes well. I am also ignoring the kitchen lots of heavy boxes to make in that room full of china and glass so I may do that Monday or Tuesday. I am mainly focusing on the main floor of the house as it has the largest pieces of furniture the biggest rugs and the upright grand. Those are our goals to move Saturday all the big hough things.

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  09:11:24 AM  Show Profile
oh, you are making me tired...i moved almost 3 yrs ago, and I never want to do it again! GOOD LUCK!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  10:44:45 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine,
I feel your pain, literaly, we too are packing/tossing & giving away stuff in preperation of our move next month. Moving is such a passal of giggles, NOT!!!!!
Hang in there girlfriend, it will soon be behind you and then life gets back to it's normal hectic pace! LOL

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  11:46:06 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Just got back from the Chiropractor had 6 vertibray (sp) out in my back and a few in the neck feels a lot better not perfect as the muscles are sore where the back was out but much better than before I don't want to cry every time I move now

Edited by - sunshine on Jun 15 2007 11:46:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  12:14:05 PM  Show Profile
oh good you are atleast feeling a little better!!
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  12:47:43 PM  Show Profile
Just a few thoughts....
...I see you talking about an embroidery machine. I came very close to purchasing a Janome last year. I just could not convince myself that I would use it enough to need it. And also, I still needed a new sewing machine. (purchased the 6600)The dealer told me that its not a good idea to use the embroider for sewing. He said it was best to just embroider with it. Do you think he just wanted to sell me two machines?
...Packing and moving. I moved 5 years ago and still have not unpacked all the boxes. Thank goodness for large basements.
...Lastely, I have one set of blocks done. I am going to try my hardest to finish up this weekend. But I have to help finish our deck first. We need to put the lattice work around the bottom, I won’t actually be doing anything but watching my husband so he does not go hide in the garage and work on one of the cars or motorcycles.

I will have more thoughts next week. I bet you all can't wait.
Have a great weekend!
Kathy H

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  1:12:03 PM  Show Profile
oh, so i am not the only one who has to babysit the husband while he does projects!!!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Jun 15 2007 1:12:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy: I use my embroidery machine for regular sewing all of the time. I was told it was meant to do both, but it was a lot of money, so it better make dinner too. I like the Janome machines, but do not own one. My friend is a dealer, I will ask about what you were told. I use my embroidery attachment a lot sometimes and then not again for a while, but I have made so many gorgeous things with it that I will always have one at this point!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  09:19:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello, ladies. I am out town until tomorrow and just checking in. Thank you for the heads up on the blocks coming, Kathy. I will check when we get in Wed.

Sunshine, I had no idea you were moving NOW!!! I finished two sets of blocks and am working on a third set (embroidered) . If you want, I will swap one set for you. Please do NOT feel pressured to get this done in the next two weeks. Good luck moving. Careful picking up heavy objects as your back can go right back out.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile
Ktknits, I got your quilt square blocks in the mail today. We got home last night too late to pick up the mail then. I also like your Plege of Allegiance fabric. the blocks are wonderful.

Hope all you ladies are enjoying early summer and can squeeze in some time to sew your blocks up. looking forward to receiving them and swapping them out for all.

Country girl in NE PA

Edited by - suzyhomemaker on Jun 20 2007 08:53:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  08:49:22 AM  Show Profile
How is everyone doing on this?

Edited by - suzyhomemaker on Jun 21 2007 03:02:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  08:50:46 AM  Show Profile
Nicie and mkmomus, I haven't heard from you all in a while. how are you doing on this swap? Nicie, my email for you was returned. Are you stil lat the same address?

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  1:09:14 PM  Show Profile
As some of you might remember I chose to do two sets. OK, next time I say that someone kick me. Tell me NO. Remind me that I am nothing but a block making junkie and need to go in to slow down a little. Remind me that I have a family and a full time job. Oh and most importantly, that there are only 24 hours in a day and I need at least 6 hours sleep.
Well anyway, I have all but 6 blocks ready to go. I am paper piecing these block(not as easy as they say in the books) Getting the paper off is not simple. But I will survive. No one can hear me curse in the sewing room. A little spray of water and it rips off kind of easy. But the sad part is it’s an easy block pattern that I am struggling with.
I am going to try to get them done so I can mail them on Monday the 25th.
I am involved in a couple other swaps. These are done monthly. And then I was asked by one of the organizers or mediators to please handle her swap for a few months because of illness. She is a wonderful person and of course I said yes. (Another kick is appropriate at this time)
I have a bridal shower to go to on Sunday. I need to get my nails done before that. I need a hair cut. My parents just bought another house. Mom wants me to come up and see if there is anything I would like that she is going to throw a way. My father wants me and my husband to take a motorcycle ride up to a hotdog shack, “because they have the best dogs in town and your mother won’t come with me”. My mother in-law needs her lawn cut and her windows washed. (She is widowed 4 years now. We help her out a lot). My sister wants me to take a trip in to PA and NY and check out some quilt and fabric shops.
What do you think; I can do all that this weekend!!

Oh and my husband finished the lattice work on our deck. Thanks to me and power tools, aren’t they great! Power tools that is. Well husbands too…
His next project is going to be to paint the bathroom. Now, mind you, we only have one bathroom, so he better be quick about it.

Ok aren’t you glad you I don’t live next door to you all. And just think, I have only had one cup of coffee so far today.

So I promise my blocks will be done and mailed my Monday.
But I do love block swaps. I can’t help it. I love to receive packages in the mail. I love to see what everyone else makes. The colors, the fabrics, and different states they come from. It’s like Christmas. The anticipation and surprise in each envelope….

Ok I’m done now.

Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  5:37:03 PM  Show Profile
I'm here. My email address hasn't changed. Must have been a glich. Working away. I want to have them in the mail by the first of the week.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  11:22:35 PM  Show Profile
khartquilt,
you silly goose, if we slow down, we just grow moss around our feet, so keeping busy is a good thing!
From the sounds of your "chat" you may need more than 1 cup of coffee....in the mean time I will sitback & sip on some tea and think, "better thee, than me!" LOL!!!!
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  03:09:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh, kathy (khartquilt), I had no idea you were so committed out there. I think this is why I cut back for swapping for the summer. There are too many wonderful things to do outside. I don't get near the time on the sewing machine as I like at this time of year. I know it will all be waiting come later fall and winter.

I sure hope you get to do some of those things. I wish I could join you on some quilt shop hopping. It sounds like a lot of fun, especially with other women. Motorcycle rides, too!! Maybe you can combine the two. LOL

Just checking in on all of you. I am not a slave driver, just wondering how you all are doing on this. I have not done the paper piecing yet as I watched a quilt buddy spend frustrating hours pulling paper out of seams. It's still OK with me if my points are cut off or my seams do not meet.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  06:15:47 AM  Show Profile
yes, my seams never meet...okay, so it is not just me...hooray!! as a matter of fact, I try to do only blocks who's seam do not matter, for this reason...i can do all the math in the world, and it is still off...what???!!!...i do not get it!! Oh well, I am a crafter, not a perfectionist, that is how you all will know i made it and not a machine!! Do not have a heart attack, everything is going to be fine, but my daughter and I just put our first 2 blocks together last night, I guess technically they were not our first blocks, we had made a couple prototypes!!!! I love to work under pressure, I think we will do a whole lot of them today!! Good thing I signed us up for 2 sets, huh?!! I am a genius!!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  10:09:19 AM  Show Profile
Okay, set number 1 is complete!!! See, you were worried! you did not need to be!! One more set to go!!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  3:40:02 PM  Show Profile
You got set one done already. Way to go, Jessica!!! How is your daughter liking the sewing of the blocks? I know mine likes the design process, but tires of the repetition.

My daughter is working on her 4H skirt. Yesterday, we measured the pattern and adjusted it and cut it out. Today she sewed up some of it. Tomorrow will be the zipper and the waistband and bottom hem. It is white twill to match her bright blouse she made earlier i nthe year. the 4H Fashion Revue is July 2. I can't wait to see her in this and on the stage. It is her first year doing fashion revue.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  3:43:26 PM  Show Profile
oh, clare, i want to see pics. I love young girls sewing. Our squares are going ok..slight change of plans, so she doesn't get bored with them. Hope everyone is okay with them. They are interesting!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Jun 21 2007 3:43:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  3:52:05 PM  Show Profile
okay, we only have 8 left, and no, it was not a slight change of plan, it was major!!!! Totally not what I had in mind, but quilty and patriotic, and very fun!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  9:59:20 PM  Show Profile
oh, I recounted, we only have six left and they are pretty cool looking...i am excited!!
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  10:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Cool I bet they are all great can't wait to see them. Oh the anticipation. How old is your daughter smoothiejuice? Thats cool she is participating.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap 2- Packages are in the mail Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page