Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Clothespin Swap--All have shipped!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Clothespin Swap--All have shipped! Next Topic
Page: of 12

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  4:11:32 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, Sorry if any of mine arrived smooshed... Ya know those Mail Monkeys at the sorting station.
If you want, just send all of mine in one box that is fine.... if it is a pita... dont worry about it.

I am SOOOO excited that I made a new clothespin holder. I will post a picture of it. I didnt use the laundry fabric, since it was quilting cotton and I leave it outside on the line. I had some other stuff that will hold up better in the long run. Thanks so much for hosting this swap!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  11:14:05 PM  Show Profile
YeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! New clothespins...cannot wait...hurry!!postman!!!hurry!!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  12:18:17 AM  Show Profile
Hey Elizabeth,
I have been thinking about making my next & more practical clothes pin bag/holder outta some really heavy duty canvas type fabric, I think I will stencil the fabric w/fabric paint first & then sew the bag together. Of course, my "idea" will have to wait until I get settled in to our new home in a few weeks. I made a cute froofroo one (on my blog) but I will keep it indorrs in my laundry room.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  2:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Okay, ladies, the packages for the 36'ers went out today. FYI, Jessica/smoothiejuice you'll get two boxes as I couldn't fit everything in one box. Elizabeth/BotanicalBath, I have sent your package of 36 on its own; your 18 will come separately in a couple of days. Huckelberrywine, I will send your 36 with your 18 by Friday.

18'ers, I heard back from our MIA participant--I must've missed her post indicating she needed to drop out a while back. I am putting together another 18 for the group so that we'll still be even. That means the 18'ers will ship out on Thursday.

Can't wait for you all to get your packages! Please let me know when you receive them so I can markt you off my list.

THANKS!

Live joyfully, deliberately, simply, abundantly.

www.viscerafarms.com
http://accidentalmiracles.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  3:26:33 PM  Show Profile
You sound so organized!! Thanks for doing this swap...I just loved it and cannot wait to do more!!jess
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  9:12:14 PM  Show Profile
I'm thinking about making my clothespin bag out of a leg that I cut off an old pair of jeans. I'm using one leg for some doll clothes but have this other leg that would be perfect for a round clothespin bag and I can put in a drawstring closure at the top. (It'll end up looking like a tiny backpack basically...)

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  9:21:18 PM  Show Profile
good idea!!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  11:58:55 PM  Show Profile
what a cool idea Erin, hmmmm, sounds like a possible future craft idea for me, oh, & I can stencil on the jean leg too!....
I plan to make a cloth pin bag/holder out of a dish towel. "Sew" simple, just fold one side up about 2/3 of the way, stitch the sides together & then fold over the "top", stitch sides & make a small hole for the hanger to go through. A dish towel from the .99cent store works perfect.

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  12:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo I cant wait! I am going to redo my new clothes pin holder.... and make it a bit bigger to hold all of the clothes pins and a little fancier. I have this perfect pineapple fabric.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  12:41:23 PM  Show Profile
you go elizabeth...post pic when done please!...jess
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  11:26:41 AM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo my clothespins have landed!

I have them all here on my desk playing with them.

Thanks for hosting this swap!

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:04:58 PM  Show Profile
oh how fun, i hope mine come today! i have heaps of laundry, maybe it will inspire me!!
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  4:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Mine have arrived! Thank you to everyone involved - these are great! Makes me want to go out and make some more!!!! A special thanks goes out to our special coordinator this time - you did an excellent job, Kristina! Thank you!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  4:41:14 PM  Show Profile
I am so bummed, mine did not come!!! mAybe tomorrow!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  12:11:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh awesome! mine have not arrived yet, but I will plant my bottom in a lawn chair by the mailbox for the next few days & re-read my MJF magazine while I wait for the mail carrier to bring mine!!!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:11:55 PM  Show Profile
I am dancing on my tippy toes, (DH thinks I have been hitting the martinis to much-lol!)
But, none the less, late this evening the UPS truck pulled up & lo-n-behold, I have a box of WONDERFUL decorated clothes pins from the most talented farmgalz....
Thank you all, and Kitchenwitch, Thank-you for being the Hostess Mama.
Everyone did a wonderful job of crafting their clothes pins.
Wahooo, think I will run through the cul-de-sac tomorrow to see if anyone needs their laundry washed & "solar dried"!!!! hee hee hee

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jul 06 2007 10:12:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:22:59 PM  Show Profile
man i still haven't gotten mine!!!! i am so wanting to use these for my heaping mound of laundry!!! okay tomorrow maybe!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  11:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Jess, send your laundry to me, I will wash & solar dry them!!!! LOL!LOL!LOL!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jul 07 2007 11:30:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  12:08:36 PM  Show Profile
i hope you have miles and miles and miles of clothesline and thousands of finely decorated pins...i went on laundry strike a few weeks ago!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  8:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Look what I found at Joann's today!!!

http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/2007/07/clothesline-beads.html

If you want to be surprised...
dont venture though the rest of my blog... there is a picture of this swap.

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  8:45:04 PM  Show Profile
I am so jealous...I still do not have mine and I am going nutso for them!!! I even got more stuff on the 4th to decorate more with!! i love love love your photos elizabeth!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  9:14:48 PM  Show Profile
Thank you.... It is all possible by having wonderful clothespins and I am really jazzed about having and using them. Also a good new camera helps.... although it is really hard to photograph anything on a moving clothesline! These are the only clear pictures that I took out of about 50!

BTW did you notice the Alexander Henry Pantry Fabric? And the Clothesline beads? I was either going to sew one of them onto thetop of my aprons.... or who knows.... but they were 25 cents each with an additional 10% off... I did get them all.

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  9:37:04 PM  Show Profile
cool, yes, i noticed the fabric!! good job...what kind is your new camera, i am in the market?
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  10:39:41 PM  Show Profile
It is a sony cybershot. I watched the prices and looked at all of the specs for about a month. I got it at circut city for $199. I also got the pink one since everyone here is a boy and this is mommy's camera. The sony's are the only ones with a glass len... the rest are plastic. Also they told me this was the most durable one for bumps and bruises. I did get the extra insurance, and it will cover one of the kids trying to flush it. But what I wanted was clear sharp pictures and for it to be small enough for me to tuck it in my pocket, but big enough to use without my reading glasses. I did get the extra memory chip and it will also take digital video.

I have been pleased as punch with it. All of the pictures on my blog was taken with it, the pictures on my website were taken by a professional photographer... except fot the show shots and the Peanuts page. It is not the most expensive, or the largest amount of mega pixels... but I also wanted to get a camera that was not an arm and a leg, well because I have 3 boys who cant keep their hands off of mommy's stuff. The 46 yr old is the worst!

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=174012&WT.mc_n=66&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=COMPARISON%20SHOPPING&cm_cat=DEALTIME&cm_pla=DATAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=66

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  09:56:25 AM  Show Profile
yes, this is exactly the camera I have, I love the picture quality, however do not take it to the beach, and as for bumps and bruises, mine has not faired so well...my sister has the same one, and hers has not held up either!! As far as pics, I almost never have a bad one!! I just love this camera, and the fact I just plug it into a charger and not replace batteries constantly!! I will just have to go buy the same one again, and make it a padded helmet so it can survive me and my family!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Clothespin Swap--All have shipped! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page