Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Clothespin Swap--All have shipped!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Clothespin Swap--All have shipped! Next Topic
Page: of 12

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  2:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Kristina, for a first time swap hostess, I think you did a great job. Dont worry so much! I dont remember if I sent you cash or not, but are you sure you dont need some extra to help cover the shipping?

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  2:36:40 PM  Show Profile
yes i wont use them for 2 weeks anyway!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  7:07:58 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo!! I got my 18 Clothespins today!

Thanks!

It is pouring, so I can not get them on the line to take a picture!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2007 :  04:57:20 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Whoo Hooo! I can't wait to see pictures of eveyone's pins! Thank you ever so much for doing this! If you do need any money please let me know, I will be happy to send some more to you! I agree it has been a rough summer here too!! I will let you know when mine get here! And those that can, please do post pictures!
Hugz to All!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  08:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
hi ladies!
I am Linda in Scranton, PA. Just joined a few days ago. I didn't participate in this swap but you guys really have me craving to see some pics of these clothspins! I am still looking around on this site. When I was growing up in the 1950s I loved to hang clothes on the line and smell the breeze and clean clothes. The old fashioned one piece clothspins were the best because they didn't have the wire to bend or break......and especialy no rust! it took MANY years out in the weather to wear one of those pins out. Also it brings backs memories when I see an angel or Christmas ornament made out of one. :-)
I love getting to know you by reading the posts and especially the fun you are having together with them!
Where are some pics of them?
:-) Linda

"Why clean house when I can play with yarn or fabric?" ???? Linda C.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  09:18:37 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi again! You girls have captured me! I found a few pics of the clothspins and now I am craving I just have to go out and buy a clothesline. I live in city apartment now. (former childhood farmgirl---now farmgirl at heart).
We have hooks here for the lines but mine was taken down after plumbing work. I know how to run a line somewhere and somehow.....wish me luck!
Linda

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  10:26:25 AM  Show Profile
Linda...Hi and welcome! You know, since Kristina started this swap (thank you!) I had to get a clothesline, and I bought several kinds of clothespins to decorate. And I completely agree, my favorites to use are the solid wood one-piece ones. They just slip into place so nicely, and overhead something as simple as squeezing a clip isn't so easy when holding sheets up off the lawn. I've got ideas stored up for decorating the one-piecers for the next swap. :)

Kristina...you dear sweet hostess! You've really done too much. :) I can't wait to see the clothespins, and the nag champa soap. Wow!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi laundry pin ladies!
:-)
I see that we may have the fall or winter swap of pins.
Happy to see that!! big smile on my face and heart.
Sign me up! I will be looking to see more info.
Is it started yet?
Linda

Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  1:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Linda, I think one of the other ladies in the group volunteered/was volunteered to host the next swap. I can't off the top of my head recall who that might have been; I don't think it's started yet...

18'ers, please confirm when you're clothespins have arrived--I just want to be sure everyone has gotten their package of goodies.

Live joyfully, deliberately, simply, abundantly.

www.viscerafarms.com
http://accidentalmiracles.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  5:24:13 PM  Show Profile
Kristina...just a quick update. I had a note in my PO box that UPS couldn't deliver to the PO Box, so they are coming back to the house tomorrow. I'm guessing that must be the clothespins. :) I'll confirm tomorrow, after I finish ooohing and aahhing. :) Thanks so much!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  6:50:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Michelle, I don't know what to tell you except to say that I *KNOW* I didn't indicate UPS for your box--obviously, the folks in our Fulfillment department didn't look carefully enough at the details for your package! You and Buttercup were the only exceptions as I know UPS can't do P.O.'s and Buttercup is international. I am so sorry for the mix-up!

www.viscerafarms.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  6:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Kristina
From all I've read you did a great job girls, some bumps along the way.
Looking forward to the next clothespin swap......

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  5:58:38 PM  Show Profile
Eeeeeeeeeeeeee! These are the CUTEST things ever! Oh! Oh! Oh! It was like Christmas! Just darling. Oh Kristina Thank YOU! I just can't even pick a favorite, they are all so wonderful. Has everyone seen them yet? Can we post pictures? What artists you all are! I love them!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  8:07:47 PM  Show Profile
Please post pictures!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971

Edited by - Maryjane Lee on Aug 01 2007 8:08:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  09:47:21 AM  Show Profile
yes lets post picks!!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:06:27 AM  Show Profile
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:09:11 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Aug 02 2007 10:10:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:11:22 AM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:13:15 AM  Show Profile
okay, here are the ones I got and the photos I took. I tried to kepp them small, maybe they need to be bigger...what do you think? Kitchen witch...you are the best...your hostessing was amazing!!!

Ladies...oh, I am sorry...Farmgirls...we love your clothespins...we are ready to do more!!!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  9:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Well I have not received mine yet but Dh called and said he got a bunch of mail today so I am hoping!!!!! But do post pictures!! I love seing them all!!! So neat!
I would love to do another one! I have a bunch of unpainted ones in my supply closet!! Do let me know!
Hugz to All!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  10:01:16 PM  Show Profile
And here are the 18 swap! Click on the pic for a larger image.

http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/2007/07/swap-lot.html

there is also a pic of a bubble bath swap I was in of another board! Oh when will I find the time!

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  07:11:10 AM  Show Profile
they all look great dont they!!!
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:39:08 AM  Show Profile
YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got my clothespins today, and what a treat. I am catching up on laundry. I am back to work now, and had alot of it, so things are being put out on the line. To all of you farmgirls who were in the swap.....YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB!
Even hubby likes them, and does not think I should chance putting them on the line, but keep them inside for show....hmmm.
Botanical Bath (Elizabeth), you are a WONDERFUL swap mama, and I love the gifts (even though I don't deserve them)
Farmgirl hugz to all......gotta go hang laundry.
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:45:25 AM  Show Profile
yes, my kids were worried about leaving them out overnight, that the deer would eat them or the raccoons!!!
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  07:32:12 AM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Thanks for posting the pics, Elizabeth. My digital camera fritzed a few weeks back, so I wasn't able to post them.

As I believe all but our international contingents have received their packages, I think we are looking good. Just to be safe, who, exactly, is still waiting on their clothespins? Just want to start wrapping things up here...

www.viscerafarms.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Clothespin Swap--All have shipped! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page