Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Yeahhh Possible New House!!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Yeahhh Possible New House!!!!!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  3:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Ok ladies i really need your good thoughs and vibes sent our way. We just found out that we are in the first place position on a house with 3 acres in the area that i wanted. We have been back up offer on this house for like three months then all of a sudden a week before the other deal was supposed to close the other buyers desided to get a divorce and not buy the house. i am very very excited and a little scared. this will be our first house and the morgage will be a little shock to the system but we can do it. now we are just waiting for the apprasile(sp) and paper work to go through. Please send prayers and good vibes for my own little home and land.

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  3:39:33 PM  Show Profile
Prayers, and good vibes headed out for you.....Good Luck, and remember,,,if it is meant to be...it will.
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  4:03:01 PM  Show Profile
Lots and lots of good vibes to you! How exciting! Can't wait to hear how it turns out. :-)

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

Now Open!: http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  5:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Good Luck with everything!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  5:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Valerie-

How exciting! Buying a house seems like such an adventure! I know there is a lot of consideration that needs to be put into buying a house, but still so exciting! Good luck getting the property you want! I hope everything comes through the way you need it to!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  5:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh Valerie all the best on this & prayers & positive thoughts yuor way.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  06:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Valerie-adding my prayers and well wishes! How exciting-All the best!
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  07:29:45 AM  Show Profile
Buying and selling houses can be such a pain...We just did both!
Real estate is definately stressful, but there is nothing quite like having that perfect place be your own!!

I am definately sending good vibes your way!

How exciting!
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  07:36:18 AM  Show Profile
I tell ya, it is so nerve wrecking to be in the running for a house and facing a mortgage! Good luck and great vibes coming your way!!

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  08:44:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
How wonderful!! Oh prayers and best wishes and wonderful vibes being sent your way!! I do so hope it works out for you!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  08:59:38 AM  Show Profile
Prayers & best wishes going out for you!
Let us know what happens.......

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  11:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Any news yet?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  9:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
We went up today to take a finally look through of the house and property becasue we had not seen it since they had done some repairs to it. It looked great. The only hitch that might come in is that the "well" (it is reallt not a well it is 9 feet deep and only gets run off water) is withen the road right of way.That is really not a problem to us because the water is not drinkable anyway. To many minurals and iron. We have a cistern tank that we will be putting in any. we are just waiting to see waht the bank says about the well. Our real estate agent said the it was likely that the bank would just ask us to sign a waiver saying we will not sue them if the state come in ans says they are widening the road. So we are just waiting to see what they say. Thank you all for the good vibes and prayers. It sounds like we may need it.

Valerie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  9:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Valerie-

I am so glad that things are progressing for you. I hope the rest of the proceedings go off without any hitches.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

livelife
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Penny
Michigan
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  4:15:12 PM  Show Profile
Water is a huge issue...mabey you can negotiate the price,.... have u had the soil tested? I know your in love with the place but some things you dont want to compromise... a healthy house is a happy house.

In His presence
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  10:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies
Well alittle update. The bank said that the well is no problem. They will just want us to sign the waver. We are waiting to here back from the appraiser tomorrow and god willing the and the creeks don't flood we will be closing on the 8th of may. The area that the house is in has very good soil and of this three acres about an acre of it selectively cleared and the rest is spruce trees that are really alive which is a big thing around here because of the spruce bark beetle. My honey left of a month long trip yesterday so if we get the house the first order of buisness for me will be getting the greenhouse up and some raised bed gardens for all of my starts that i already have. I will work on this because i can't really move in till my honey gets home. I willupdate everyone when i know more about what the appraiser said. Thanks for all the good thoughts

Valerie

Edited by - akcowgirl on Apr 29 2007 10:38:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  10:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Penny
unfortunatlly because of the market around here the price is not negotable. It is really a sellers market here and will probably stay that way. We were really luck to find this place for the price bacause everything else on the market in our price range was not even finacable. Water is a big deal to most people but it really is not as much to me because i have lived without running water for 4 years this month and it really does not bother me to much. Don't get me wrong though it will be really nice to have it again but it is not as big of a deal to me as it is to most. Thank you again for the warm thoughs.

Valerie

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  11:15:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh Valerie!!
How Sweet!

All really Great news!!
I'm so excited for you!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  12:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Valerie-

How exciting! It sounds like things are moving forward really well for you! I am keeping you in my thoughts!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  7:42:48 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Yeah!!!!
We got the appraisel back today and it appraised right at our purchase price. Now we are just waiting for the underwriters to do there work and then we will be signing on the 8th. Thanks for all the good thoughts. Please keep praying we are not out of the woods yet.

Valerie

Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  8:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Valerie,
Whooooooo Hoooooo!!! How wonderful!!! I can't wait to learn more about it! Major prayers, happy vibes, and all that wonderful stuff headed your way!! I am thrilled for you!! Do let us know as things progress!!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  9:44:47 PM  Show Profile
YAY! Congratulations on the appraisal and everything - this is so exciting! I'm with Talitha - you be sure to keep us posted on the progress!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  05:25:51 AM  Show Profile
Valerie-glad to hear things are moving along. :) All the best! Thanks for keeping us posted!
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  09:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Valerie!

I am so excited for you! This is such an awesome time! So happy that the appraisal came back the way you needed it to! *hugs*'

Alee
Go to Top of Page

wildhorseannie
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

1 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  12:06:51 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by akcowgirl

Ok ladies i really need your good thoughs and vibes sent our way. We just found out that we are in the first place position on a house with 3 acres in the area that i wanted. We have been back up offer on this house for like three months then all of a sudden a week before the other deal was supposed to close the other buyers desided to get a divorce and not buy the house. i am very very excited and a little scared. this will be our first house and the morgage will be a little shock to the system but we can do it. now we are just waiting for the apprasile(sp) and paper work to go through. Please send prayers and good vibes for my own little home and land.

Valerie

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  1:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Valerie...so happy for you. Mortgages are always a bit of a shock at first but you get used to them, and usually as the years go by they get easier....have fun. First houses are so very exciting...and with a bit of land...what a farmgirl you will be!!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Bee Haven Acres
http://beehavenacres.blogspot.com/
http://beehavenmaven.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Yeahhh Possible New House!!!!!!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page