True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  11:32:00 PM  Show Profile
Megan,
That sounds like a great way to do it - I would love to send a package to Birdie! What timeframe do we want to set - how about a month? Is that too long? That will give me time to get organised. Birdie, maybe you can send me an email with your address and info - like do you have children to involve as well or will I just be sending something to you? Which house are you for colours (or your favourite colours-if you don't like the house colours). I am Hufflepuff too but I don't like yellow and black! Plus everyone would think it was a Richmond football club scarf (Aussie Rules team) and I don't barrack for them!
Catherine, that book looks fantastic - please post here when you get it and let us know what it is like. I might order after I hear whether it is worth it. It might be a good Christmas present for my girls.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  04:36:54 AM  Show Profile
Ok, so I will send to you Jayne! I would say a month at the earliest is just fine. Since the book and 5th movie don't come out until July, I'd say that we could wait even longer if necessary. Ok, Jayne amybe you could e-mail me about what colors you like since you aren't a yellow and black kind of girl (not my favorites either). Also let me know what your girls are into. favorite book characters, favorite magical creatures, stuff liek that! Woops, I keep saying girls, you have a little boy too! Sorry. Does he like Harry Potter. I know my two year old watched the dragon scene from the 4th movie and loved it! Loved the scary dragon of all things and wanted to see that over and over. OK, send me an e-mail when you get a chance!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  09:08:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Megan,
I will send you an email when I have a think about it and quiz the girls! I might get them to do the sorting quiz too. My little boy does ask to watch Harry Potter. Then he watches about 10 minutes. It has to be Chamber of Secrets as he loves vehicles. So he just wants to see the train and the flying car - once the car crashes into the willow, loses all interest! I must say, I don't want him watching it anyway - way too old for him, so I just let him watch that bit.
This will be fun!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

birdie
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Amy
Hilliard OH
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  10:43:04 AM  Show Profile
Jayne - My husband and I are the HP fan "kids" of the house. , at 18 mos, my son isn't quite old enough yet...but I'm sure he'll be watching the movies in a few years (and hopefully reading them in a few more!). So you can just send something for me. I've just emailed you my info!

Georgann - Send me a quick message with your address, how many kids you have, their ages, etc. Let me know what houses ya'll sort in. And just in case, let me know your shoe size (for sock purposes!).

I agree we don't need to be in too much of a rush since the book doesn't arrive until July. Maybe by last week of May?

Amy
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  12:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Yay, Harry Potter! Yay, knitting! Boo, rules!

Confession:

I have never knit a pair of socks. Go figure. 25+ years of knitting. Never socks. Huh.

So...

I will unfortunately not be joining the Hogwart's Sock Swap. That said, if there are any newbie sock knitters looking to test their sock skills in an independent Hogwart's exchange, I'd be all for that.... My owl is itching to carry another swap package out to a farmgirl friend!

Kristina (Gryffindor)

Live joyfully, deliberately, simply, abundantly.
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  1:22:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Kristina,
Do you want in on this swap? We aren't doing socks necessarily but you could. Read some of the previous posts to get a feel for what we've talked about and let me know if you want in.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  5:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies!! Who am I swapping with? I saw where Birdie is sending to me, but to whom do I send? Let me know...and ya'll are right, I don't knit, but I do sew!!!

Sorry, been a little busy.....Please let me know, didn't want ya'll to think that I wasn't still in on this HP one. Would you all like me to send to Kitchen Witch? Be glad too......

Georgann

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  8:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
Megan seems to have become the swap mother for this one, as she is doing such a great job with her ideas! Thanks so much, Megan.
Birdie, I received your email and will get my thinking cap on! I think late May/early June is perfect.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  06:25:57 AM  Show Profile
Ok fellow potter fans, here is the tentative plan: (Guess I did kind of take the lead on this, hope that is ok)
I will send to Jayne(daffodil dreamer)
Jayne to Birdie
Birdie to Aunt George
Aunt George to Kitchen Witch
Kitchen Witch to me(shmeg)

Kitchen Witch, let me know if you have changed your mind and don't want in. So, we will put together a package with some Harry Potter themed items. I think the only real guidelines we've come up with is that there be some things included for our kids (if applicable) and one thing for mom. If you don't have kids or if they are too young or too old to care, then you get all the fun stuff! I think the deadline is pretty loose as well, but Early June seems to sound good to everyone. Let's e-mail our partners with addresses and if you want to know what your partner and their kids liek about HP, what house they would be sorted into, favorite hogwarts subject, anything like that, we can e-mail her and get that info so you can put together an awesome, magical package! OK, love this! How does that sound. Did I forget anything>
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  8:44:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Megan,
Sounds excellent! I'm glad you took the lead on this swap - I am one of those indecisive types who would spend so long checking in with everyone rather than just making the decisions and finalising it!
My girls are away at the moment, but I will email you soon, but they do both read a lot so I think the bookmarks are a great idea.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  12:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Megan and all, I think I should beg off this one, sorry to say. I know myself well enough to know that now is not a good time to commit to a creative package--too much already in the hopper with my cousin's baby blanket, work, etc. Hope this doesn't mess up the plan...

I'll be back to participate when I've knit my first pair of "test" socks! In the meantime, I know you'll have a blast.

Live joyfully, deliberately, simply, abundantly.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  12:09:09 AM  Show Profile
Kristina,
That is okay! Thanks for letting us know...I know what it is like to be busy...Good Luck on those socks, sure wish I could knit.

So Megan, I guess I shall be sending to you. Could you send me an email with your particulars? *g*

Georgann

Go to Top of Page

birdie
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Amy
Hilliard OH
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  10:17:17 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to do this, but I need to bow out as well. I'm having a hard time getting things done lately...spreading myself to thin! :)
Maybe next time. thanks gals!
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  1:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Ok ladies, so it looks like our group is back down to the original three. Sorry you two can't join us but I totally understand. So, do you still want to do Me to Jayne, Jayne to Georgann, Georgann to me? I got both of your e-mails and will respond soon. Our power has been out most of the day.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  11:28:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Megan,
I would love to send to Georgann - sounds great to me. Georgann, just email me with some info on your girls. I got my girls to do the sorting hat quiz; maybe you could do that and let me know their houses. Or else their favourite colours, interests, do they collect anything? And you of course! Which house are you, or what are your favourite colours.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  10:08:52 AM  Show Profile
Jayne, I don't know if you tried to e-mail me back or not. My e-mail has been down for days so I just wanted to say that it was back up and running now in case you tried. Georgann, did you get my last e-mail? I'm not sure when things stopped working, so I thought I'd double check. Hope all is well with everyone!
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  06:14:56 AM  Show Profile
I just wanted to touch base with my other two Hogwart swappers. t has been awhile. How is everyone doing? I have soem things coming along nicely for Jayne's package! Can't wait to have it all done and put together. Hope all is well with both of you.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  9:40:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Megan and Georgann,
I haven't been on for a while - sorry. I too am collecting some things, Georgann could you please email me with your girls names, ages, favourite colours and any other info you think would be useful!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  05:25:50 AM  Show Profile
HI Jayne and Georgann! So glad to see you on the forum again, Jayne. Your package is almost ready to send. I'm just working on a few loose ends and something for your son. This has been really fun and I really hope that you will like it. We are going to a Harry Potter release party at our local book shop. Wish I could sew to make us some costumes like you did last year. Hope you both are doing well!
Megan
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  07:18:36 AM  Show Profile
Megan and Jayne,
I guess we are all still on?

Megan do you really have 7 kids? If so, I had better get busy on something!!!! Yikes!!

I only have 2 ages 7 and 9, both girls. The younger is reading the HP novels and is about to start #6 in anticipation of the release of #7

I have finally tied up lots of my loose ends and finished some major projects, so I am ready to get started!!

Tell me again, what exactly are we doing? Do I make something for each of your children Megan or just for you and then have little tuck ins for the kids?

Oh, Jayne, please dear keep it very simple and lightweight!! Postage is killer!!!!!!!! My girls and I love to read, so bookmarks are always a wonderful choice!!

http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  07:41:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Georgann,
I DON'T have seven kids!! Yikes, I can barely keep up with the ones I do have. I have three and two step-kids as well. My step-daughters are only here every other weekend. Please don't feel like you have to send something for all of them! I'll tell you the ages: Juniper is 2, Seth is 4, Camden is 8 (almost 9). My step-kids are Meka, 11, and Kailah, 13.

I think you can do this however works bet for you. I know we just wanted to involve the kids somehow since Harry Potter seems to be exciting for them as well as us! So whether you'd rather focus on the kids or focus on the mom with a few "tuck-ins" for the kids is entirely up to you. Let me know if you need any other info about our family. And like I said you don't need to send something for all 5 kids, they can share, and frankly the older two don't even have to know about it (does that make me a bad, step-mom?). Just have fun!!!

Edited by - shmeg on Jun 03 2007 07:42:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  4:25:52 PM  Show Profile
LOL....I really thought you had 7! PHew.....I was really going to have to get busy. Wanted to show you what the girls and I did today. It is a book cover for one of the Harry Potter books: Prizoner of Azakaban. Hannah is doing a skit from it in school tomorrow. She is Professor Trelawney. Her costume is really cute too!!

Here is her textbook:

We have a big skeleton key that she is going to wear tied onto a belt that we made. I'll take photos of her tomorrow and put it on my blog. She is such a huge HP fan.

Anyway, thought this was really cute...the girls ideas and I helped.

I know exactly what we will do for the exchange and the girls and I are really excited about putting it together!!

G

Edited by - Aunt George on Jun 03 2007 5:18:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  5:34:31 PM  Show Profile
LOL After taking all 3 quizzes (though I'd done sorting-hat.com's quiz previously) I was placed in Ravenclaw unanimously by all 3. *grin* Quite all right by me, as I'd previously made myself a scarf in Ravenclaw (book) colors.

For my fellow farmgirls who don't knit, but love scarves, may I strongly suggest a knitting-loom. And the plus is that it creates tube-scarves, so they're doubly thick for cold winter weather!

Wish I had the patience to try knitting socks. But then again, I wear socks as infrequently as possible, so.... *shrug*

Would love to see pics of everybody's completed socks & scarves & whatever other HP apparel anybody makes.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  11:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Georgann,
That is so great! Can't wait to see the costume. I am still thinking up things, but will send by the end of June. Is that OK with all?
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  01:57:05 AM  Show Profile
No rush! Oh, and Jayne, I'll have a little something to send your way too. I'm doing one thing for the three of we "adult" HP fans, so if you wouldn't mind sending me your address again, would really appreciate it!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hogwarts Sock Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page