shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  05:10:02 AM  Show Profile
Georgann, I love that book cover. I'm sure the costume will be great, too! I have Jayne's package almost ready, just working on a few more little things. Are a few candy treats, ok to put in there?
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  05:42:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Megan and Georgann,
That is really sweet to send me something, Georgann - I will email you my address.
Megan, candy would come through customs fine - I think the rules are as long as it is commercially packaged. I have been sent tea, biscuits, pecans and chocolate by farmgirls and they all got through.
I succumbed and ordered the Harry Potter knits book that Catherine was talking about. It looked good on amazon and I couldn't resist!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  05:51:43 AM  Show Profile
It IS great! I was lucky enough to receive it from our fantastic KitchenWitch and what a treat! (Sorry I haven't mentioned that recently.) It's filled with fun projects. I love the initial sweaters and may just make one for Jackson with a big "J" in the middle like Harry's "H" sweater. I also LOVE the knit Errol Owl. Too cute!

Love the ideas you all are coming up with for this swap! Magical Farmgirls are so creative.

Catherine :)

My Blog: http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com

My Etsy Shop: http://yogurtandgranola.etsy.com

Buy Nothing Summer Blog: http://buynothingsummer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  9:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Catherine,
I went and bought the book - how could I resist! Boy, if I could crochet, there is even a pattern for the fantastical ruffled housecoat that Molly wears in Chamber of Secrets - I love it!
And I do love the owl too; I love owls. My little boy also loves owls, but I'm not sure if that is just me rubbing off on him! His favourite book at the moment is Owl Moon by Jane Yolen - it is a lovely book.
Best wishes (and not long to go now! Order of the Phoenix is at the movies here on July 5 - not sure if I should go and veto it before my 11 year old goes; although I dn't know how I could get away with not letting her go, as I wouldn't want to miss out!)
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  05:58:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jayne,
I'm kicking myself for not getting your package to you sooner. I got you the charmed knits books too. I've had it for awhile now but haven't had the rest ready to send. Oh well. Is there a project in there you'd like some yarn for maybe? Maybe there is another knitting Harry Potter fan farmgirl that would like the book. Let me know if there is a project in that book you really like, ok. Talk to you soon.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  12:53:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh Megan,
You are so sweet to have got me the book! That is just too much. It is great though - have you already got a copy; just keep it for yourself!
I'm still organising my parcel too. We have just put our house on the market, so, like Georgann, our house has been turned upside down to try and make it presentable for home opens. Not that it was a tip or anything, but I found it really hard to find enough cupboards, drawers and trunks to hide all my craft projects and related stuff away in!!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  10:32:59 AM  Show Profile
I do have one, I ordered two. One for me and one for you. But don't worry about, I'll find it a good home. I just have to think of soemthing else for you...
So, are you planning to move back towards your parents'? That would be nice. Talk to you soon.
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  11:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Megan,
Yes, we are planning to move back home by the end of the year. I haven't made a big deal of it yet (I don't want to jinx it!!) But once we have all the info and things are more definite, I will post an actual topic here to let everyone know! It is very exciting, but still a while off yet.
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Hogwarts Sock Swap Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page