Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Need input re: famous people "list"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need input re: famous people "list" Next Topic
Page: of 2

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  5:48:38 PM  Show Profile
This may just be in our little world, but Jeff Tweedy of the band, Wilco. He had a prescription drug addiction that just about cost him his family. He checked into rehab, and it ran across CNN's ticker at the bottom of the screen....he was even surprised at that! He's clean, and makes the best music I know.

Jerry Springer--you guys know him as that terrible talk show, but in Cincy, we know him as the former mayor and news anchor. He solicited a prostitute and that was the end of that....now he's a shoo in on dancing with the stars!

My husband says, "Vince Neal of Motley Crue"....while he really doesn't rate in my world, he killed another guy, a member of another band while driving drunk to get drugs during the height of their fame. He still went on tour, and they just played a pretty big concert venue reunion tour either this summer or last.

I'm sure I'll have some more...

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2007 :  5:49:54 PM  Show Profile
Jane Fonda! Hanoi Jane, yeah?

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  07:15:07 AM  Show Profile
More good ones, Jonni! I was thinking of Vince Neal, because he killed someone (I just read the Motley Crue book at DHs recommendation - *BIG* mistake!) But he doesn't seem to have any remorse for it - he just continues to blame the alcohol...while he keeps drinking. Like you, he doesn't even rate in my book.

Here were some others that popped up last night while we were watching the Imus footage on DHs wi-fi connection. (We don't have TV and I only have dialup, but DH has a laptop.)

~ Jimmy Swaggart (extramarital relationships)
~ Halle Barry (driving drunk)
~ Winona Ryder (retail theft)
~ Matthew Perry (drug abuse - multiple)
~ Darryl Strawberry (drug abuse - multiple)
~ Pete Rose (sports gambling pariah)

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  08:09:14 AM  Show Profile
yep, Kaylin, Pete Rose--and he's from my town! Used to tease me when I was a littl gal, hanging around the racetrack--my father was a racing official, and he would sit up in the press box with us....betting.

I'm SO sorry that you read that bio. How ever did you make it through?

Let's see...
Betty Ford. An honest alcoholic. Don't find too many of those, created a clinic for treatment.

Oprah. She slammed the cattle/beef industry in Texas and those dorks came after her. Remember the televised trials? She obviously escaped unscathed.

Paul McCartney--Wings era drug possession, marrying Heather Mills .

Bill Cosby. How many women now have come out stating that he sexually harrassed or assaulted them. He's still a well respected comedian, and I don't think Jello made any quick decisions to boot him. I don't know if any of the allegations are true--they sure seem to get pushed under the rug rather quickly after out of court settlements.

Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2007 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by KYgurlsrbest

...I'm SO sorry that you read that bio. How ever did you make it through?...

One of them I actually had an interest in reading more from. And he had the least amount to say. The other three, I kept going thinking there may be some "...light-shining-through-the-clouds-revelations..." before the end. As though maybe they would have learned something about themselves? Unfortunately, and true to the characters they've always displayed publicly, there weren't any epiphanies. They are three hedonistic, pathetic, skirt chasing drug addicts who delusionally believe they've had some sort of impact on the world of music and the world at large.

And interestingly: how many "famous" people believe that of themselves in general? I believe that my daughter who died when she was 15 days old but had 160 people attend a gathering for us to thank them had more of a true impact than most "famous" people.

Sorry for the hijack... ~ K

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  05:50:11 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking about Drew Barrymore, she was still a kid really. But she really cleaned herself up and look at her now! Winona Ryder had that shoplifting incident, but then again, not sure what she has doen since...
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2007 :  06:30:04 AM  Show Profile
Drew Barrymore is a good one! She's amazing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Need input re: famous people "list" Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page