Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Coated tongue Next Topic  

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  11:58:03 AM  Show Profile
I have a white coat on my tongue and have had it for years. Someone said this is a sign of poor health. Well, to tell the truth, I am not in very good health and get infections quite easily. What does a coated tongue mean? I looked at some websites and some said yeast and others said not to worry about it. What do some of you think? I do not have bad breath (I have asked others) but I would sure like to have a nice pink tongue like everyone else. Lol.

Any suggestions?

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  12:10:22 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, do you smoke?
I, myself quit, but before I did, I had a white tongue. Now that I no longer smoke, the tongue is getting pinker See!
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  2:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Patsy,
You are not alone in the tongue coat category, my husband has a nasty one and so do I at times.
We have an Traditional Chinese Medicine/Acupuncturist she always looks at out tongue and seems the coat and says something about spleen deficiency or something like that, I know she uses it for diagnosis.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  9:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Google candida.

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  2:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Having come from the coated tongue category I know that for me it was a sign of Candida-something I had apparently battled for years. Some of the signs are: coated tongue, migraines, repeated infections, sinus issues, waking up tired, sudden unexplained weight gain or loss, feeling tired after eating, burning eyes and on and on and on. each thing in isolation can be explained but when they are all put together it could be candida. I did a lot of research, changed my diet dramatically (no dairy-i am allergic anyway; no wheat or white flour; no sugar-I use xylitol for most things now, except my tea; for that I use a small amount of stevia; no caffeine; no vinegar). After reading this you're probably ready to throw your hands up and say, forget it, but...after having migraines my entire life (sometimes 2-3 per week) I have not had one in 2 years! I haven't had any sinus problems ( I used to always have a runny nose, get sinus infections and always be stuffed up). I recommend doing some research online and of course talking to your doctor. what started me on this path, besides being sick and tired of being sick and tired was taking a test online to see if you MIGHT have candida. After answering the questions you score the test. According to the test if your score was 186 or above you probably had it....my score-326!!!!!!!
I also found a great website that was a HUGE help www.wholeapproach.com. They have a Food List which can be downloaded. It has okay foods, limited, and not okay foods. I carried these around with me whenever I went food shopping.
Good luck!!! Once you get the hang of it, it's fantastic! I sleep like a log every night, have more energy than I know what to do with and enjoy a pain free life (well,except for my broken arm).
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  2:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for posting that link Amanda ~ I need to get back on track with my eating. I've been feeling terrible lately.

~Ricki~
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  3:25:06 PM  Show Profile
I've got the hairy tongue too and have always had trouble with yeast infections. Since my hysterectomy it's not been near as bad though.
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  6:24:06 PM  Show Profile
I tell ya sometimes it's a pain in the arse, but it is sooooooo worth it!!!!!!!!!

I have made some fabulous things that "regular" people want the recipes for. Now that's good eating :-)

Edited by - kreativeblonde on Apr 08 2007 6:24:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  6:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Ok, now ya gotta share those recipes with us Amanda! I had eggs w/chopped onion on them, and broccoli with a bit of lemon juice on it, for supper. Not too exciting :)

Also worth noting is a book I had read awhile back. I think it's called The Yeast Connection. Lots of info in there ~ you'll be suprised!

~Ricki~
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  7:28:44 PM  Show Profile
Wow! that sounds really...um...interesting :-)

I had salmon with veggies. MMMMMMMMmmm. I also had sweet potatoe fries earlier. Now those were good!

I also have that book, but one I found to be invaluable was, Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook by Jeanne Marie Martin.

Here are some of the things I discovered...
1.The company Tinkyada makes the best brown rice pasta HANDS DOWN! i use their pasta for a lot of things...pasta salad with my homemade mayo, cheese-free lasagna, and just about anything you can do with "regular" pasta.
2. Listen to your body...I discovered that when i had too many onions I would have problems. Remember...the candida needs heat to grow...onions make you warm...hence the cycle continues.
3. i actually like almond milk. Okay, I admit it's a little weird looking in cereal, but i've gotten used to it.
4.Roobois tea is just like "regular" tea-as long as you don't steep it too long.
5. Cooking is fun! Again. An INCREDIBLE book for baked (yes, baked) stuff is: Gluten-Free Baking Classics by Annalise Roberts. It opens doors I thought would be forever closed. Sponge cake anyone? Lemon Bars? Pie Crust for any kind of pie? Apple Crisp? Yep. it's all in there! and best of all she uses a simple formula so you're not buying a bunch of weird stuff you're only going to use once and........they taste wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

Ricki, if you want to give me your address I can send you some recipes....and anyone else, too.
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  7:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Wow Amanda, that sounds really interesting! And homemade mayonaise? How does that work?

My email is oldquiltlover at hotmail.com

Thanks!
Ricki

~Ricki~
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  8:02:51 PM  Show Profile
The Mayo is basically eggs, lemon juice and olive oil. The recipe calls for
2 eggs
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1-1/2 Cups light olive oil (although this is lessened depending on weather and how the Mayo is going together).
You put the eggs and lemon juice in a blender and blend for 5 secs. Then, with the machine running you continue to add the oil in a steady stream until it's thickened-usually 2-3 mins depending on weather and my tolerance for having to listen to the food processor.
This makes A Lot! also, it only lasts for 3-4 days.
hope this recipe makes sense. I'm typing with one hand instead of two and my fingers are wishing i'd sto already.
Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2007 :  12:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Ricki, I'm putting some recipes in the mail for you tomorrow. Sorry it took me all week to get it done. First week back after spring and everything was extra busy.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Coated tongue Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page