Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Getting blood out of sofa fabric...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Getting blood out of sofa fabric... Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  7:31:37 PM  Show Profile
dh decided it would be a good idea to clip dog toenails on the sofa. Well, he was clipping and got a little close, and poor Elie, his end toenail got clipped a bit close.

Elie is fine (a little gunshy, obviously), but I still can't get the stains out. The material is cotton duck, and seems like it would clean up easily, but it really doesn't. I used both Natures Miracle (says it takes out blood) and a scrubbing "dome" from Oxyclean, and the majority washed out, but where it concentrated, is still there. Any suggestions?

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  8:52:06 PM  Show Profile
peroxide might work.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  9:03:16 PM  Show Profile
Hydrogen peroxide is wonderful for "foaming" blood out of all sorts of fabric..I bet with cold water and peroxide you can proabbly get it out.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  2:52:55 PM  Show Profile
Yeah the peroxide should work. I used to work in a hospital and that is what I used to get out blood.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  5:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, looks like that's what I'll be doing tomorrow (among all the OTHER stuff I need to do :)

J

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  7:00:57 PM  Show Profile
peroxide, but be careful it can bleach things out. So you might want to test it. But yes peroxide is the best at doing that.

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  11:34:39 PM  Show Profile
I would also be wary of peroxde because of the possibility of bleaching the color. Enzyme laundry products could work, but I've found that the best thing to remove blood with is spit. Saliva has enzymes in it and will dissolve the blood.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2007 :  05:41:22 AM  Show Profile
I haven't done anything yet with Easter, but I will try the spit first, then enymatic cleaners, and maybe, I'll dab the peroxide with a cue-tip. See if that works.

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Getting blood out of sofa fabric... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page