Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic recycled TP Next Topic  

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  06:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Hi farmgals! I'm just wondering and doing some surveying lol. For those of you who use recycled things, do you use recycled toilet paper and if so what brand? I'm ordering some things online today and am going to try the Seventh Generation brand and a brand called Green Forest. I think these will work perfectly for me as I react to bleach and most mass market TP.

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  06:45:52 AM  Show Profile
The thought of using recycled TP is a little weird. I know it's not made from USED TP but the thought always pops into my head! LOL!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  06:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
lol No not recycled TP but made from recycled paper. But I know what you mean by the thought.

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  07:15:25 AM  Show Profile
We've currently got recycled tp in the house and I believe that's the brand it is. It works well, sturdy and seems to last quite good in comparison to other brands. Hope it works out for you!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  09:03:38 AM  Show Profile
I use both those brands. Green Forest I can get at the supermarket near my house, Seventh Generation is available at the health food stores. I buy Green Forest mostly because it is cheaper and more convenient. I'm not much of a toilet paper critic, so I haven't really compared the fine points. They do what they are made to do, and that's all I care about. I would like to do some research and see if one company is better than the other in terms of environmental practices.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  09:47:22 AM  Show Profile
I have decided to keep with seventh generation TP, I found out that Green Forest is made by Georgia-Pacific, might as well by angel soft as to by Green forest. That was a little disappointing to find out.
Oh well. Here is a neat link, http://www.conservatree.com/paper/PaperGuide/Tissue/consumerbath.shtml

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  10:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for that info Bridge. That makes a big difference. I really don't see why all this chlorine bleach has to be in everything anyhow. I'm going to have to research it and find out just when they started using it so much. Or if anyone knows then let me know please.

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...

Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  5:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
We use the Publix brand recycled TP. I can't think of what it's called, but it works just fine! LOL

Katee

A life without love is like a year without summer.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic recycled TP Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page