Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  10:29:02 AM  Show Profile
I wasn't sure the best place to put this, but, I am wanting to purchase the back issues of MJF magazine, but I am on an extremely tight budget right now so I want to just purchase one right now. Out of all the back issues, what do you all think is the best one to start with???? I am hoping to save enough money to get a subscription this summer, but for now, I want at least one issue to absorb! So what do you all think?????
Thanks for your help.
BB,
Cheryl

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  11:32:41 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Naturecraft

...I am wanting to purchase the back issues of MJF magazine...what do you all think is the best one to start with...for now, I want at least one issue to absorb! So what do you all think...

Well...that would depend a little bit on you! First, do you have any other MJF magazines? (Because we don't want to recommend to you what you already have! ) Second, where do your interests lie? If you're a cook, then I would recommend the Backcountry Food Issue or Farm Kitchen because there are a great deal of good recipes in each of those. If you're a stitchery woman, then I would recommend the Artists in Aprons issue because there are some beautiful stitching examples in addition to a wonderful faux-smocking apron pattern.

Unfortunately, I loaned out -- and have forgotten to whom -- my other issues...and you guessed it, they were never returned. So my memory has become foggy and I cannot recall what was in many of the other issues. Perhaps I will have to break down and re-purchase them...too much great information consign away as "lost."

~ Kaylyn
(Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Current Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  11:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Cheryl
I have an extra issue you can have.

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams; live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." - Henry David Thoreau

http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

tuxedo cat
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Brenda
Moscow ID
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  12:55:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

My name is Brenda and I am one of the newest employees at MaryJanesFarm!! I work in the office processing orders (right now) AND this is my first time EVER posting on a chat room.

A little about myself. I live relatively close to the farm with my husband in Moscow, ID. I have one son who is a Junior at the University of Idaho (also in Moscow) studying music. We are active in our church and my husband is currently coaching a semi-pro football team here in the area.

I just wanted to let everyone know that one of my tasks is to compile a database of all the information (ie, article titles, poems, quotes, hints, resource info) currently available in ALL of MaryJanesFarm Magazines. I am currently working on this and as soon as I have it complete, it will be available online for your use.

I will make it as user-friendly as possible and I hope to have it done soon.

I am sooooo excited to be part of MaryJanesFarm and look forward to getting to know a little about all of you!!

God Bless.

Brenda :)

Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  1:08:05 PM  Show Profile
Wow Brenda what an undertaking! Thanks for your work!

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  1:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Brenda! Sounds like MaryJanesFarm has found another treasure!

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  1:32:05 PM  Show Profile
WECLOME Brenda, Lucky girl, get to work on the farm. Sounds like you have a big job ahead of you, should be a fun one though.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  2:23:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Vintage Redhead

quote:

...I am wanting to purchase the back issues of MJF magazine...what do you all think is the best one to start with...for now, I want at least one issue to absorb! So what do you all think...

Well...that would depend a little bit on you! First, do you have any other MJF magazines? (Because we don't want to recommend to you what you already have! ) Second, where do your interests lie? If you're a cook, then I would recommend the Backcountry Food Issue or Farm Kitchen because there are a great deal of good recipes in each of those. If you're a stitchery woman, then I would recommend the Artists in Aprons issue because there are some beautiful stitching examples in addition to a wonderful faux-smocking apron pattern.

Unfortunately, I loaned out -- and have forgotten to whom -- my other issues...and you guessed it, they were never returned. So my memory has become foggy and I cannot recall what was in many of the other issues. Perhaps I will have to break down and re-purchase them...too much great information consign away as "lost."

~ Kaylyn

I would love any of the issues, I haven't even seen one. I looked at our local Barnes and Nobel hoping I could find the newest issue, but no luck. I guess, if anything I am more into gardening.

Thanks for your help.
BB,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  2:25:19 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Kim

Cheryl
I have an extra issue you can have.

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

"Go confidently in the directions of your dreams; live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler." - Henry David Thoreau

http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/

Oh my gosh Kim, I would be forever grateful to you!!!! I will be willing to pay at least the shipping. Let me know; you can contact me via email and we will figure out a deal!
Thank you! Thank you!
BB,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  2:26:42 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tuxedo cat

Hi Ladies,

My name is Brenda and I am one of the newest employees at MaryJanesFarm!! I work in the office processing orders (right now) AND this is my first time EVER posting on a chat room.

A little about myself. I live relatively close to the farm with my husband in Moscow, ID. I have one son who is a Junior at the University of Idaho (also in Moscow) studying music. We are active in our church and my husband is currently coaching a semi-pro football team here in the area.

I just wanted to let everyone know that one of my tasks is to compile a database of all the information (ie, article titles, poems, quotes, hints, resource info) currently available in ALL of MaryJanesFarm Magazines. I am currently working on this and as soon as I have it complete, it will be available online for your use.

I will make it as user-friendly as possible and I hope to have it done soon.

I am sooooo excited to be part of MaryJanesFarm and look forward to getting to know a little about all of you!!

God Bless.

Hi Brenda- Welcome! This is the greatest place, with the greatest people! Good luck on your endeavor, I know I will put it to good use once it is up and going.
BB,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  3:42:40 PM  Show Profile
quote:
I would love any of the issues, I haven't even seen one.

You poor girl!!

quote:
I looked at our local Barnes and Nobel hoping I could find the newest issue, but no luck.

They sell out pretty quickly around here...probably everywhere. I sent one of my friends to Borders to pick one up [too proprietary to part with my own!] - they were already sold out. This was like two days after I bought my copy, and there had been probably another 20-25 copies left on the stand. And I live in suburbia.

(Of course, that could be *why* they sell out - so many of us live in suburbia and we really don't want to. MIL started living here when it was the "boonies", we moved here when it was the "fringes", now it is full-blown suburbia.)

quote:
I guess, if anything I am more into gardening.

Good to know. I hope someone else knows more about some of the gardening topics/foci in the back issues. I can unfortunately recall nothing specific of gardening in the past issues.

Brenda:

Welcome and best of luck! What a great job and a fun bunch of people you get to work with.

~ Kaylyn

Go to Top of Page

tuxedo cat
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

Brenda
Moscow ID
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  4:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

Just a word from MJF, we currently have a back issue special available for $25.00.

You get issues #2 - #7 (that's right, 6 issues) for $25.00.

You can order online or call the farm with your order today!!

Happy reading,

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2007 :  11:22:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Brenda! Welcome!!!!! What a great thing you are doing with the index and all - that will be SO handy! - it's nice to have you here...

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  06:28:13 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by tuxedo cat

Hi Ladies,

Just a word from MJF, we currently have a back issue special available for $25.00.

You get issues #2 - #7 (that's right, 6 issues) for $25.00.

You can order online or call the farm with your order today!!

Happy reading,

Brenda-
Thanks for the information. I will have to scrounge up the $$$ and buy those. I am looking forward to reading my first MJF magazine. Also, Thanks Again, KIM. You are awesome.
BB,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  06:31:42 AM  Show Profile
Vintage Redhead-
I know, I feel like I am left out! :):) I am looking forward to the magazine Kim is sending me. I didn't even ask if they carried the magazine, I just looked and looked and didn't see it. My kids were running around like crazy so we left without asking. I may call to see if they carry it. I would like to subscribe this summer so I don't have to worry about getting it. Have a great day! We got snow again!:(
BB,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2007 :  6:50:39 PM  Show Profile
Hello Cheryl;
I just wanted to confirm what Brenda had said about the back issues. I just received mine, and WOW! I went up to my room and placed all issues beside my bed (Favorite place to read) and started reading. The cost for all 6 issues is $25.00, and soooooooo worth every penny. I asked hubby for an early Easter present, that is how I got the money.
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/

Edited by - EmmJay on Apr 05 2007 6:51:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  05:00:14 AM  Show Profile
All of the issues are so great, I have a special box on my end table to house the issues and books.
I save some other magazines, but rarely go back to them and re-read, but MJ's, I go back to again and again. My first issue I ever got was SHOULDER TO THE WHEEL, I was blown away, and hooked ever since.
Now if we could just get a copy of Premiére Issue....
Just wishful thinking...
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2007 :  06:03:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh Karen, I was doing some wishful thinking as well....LOL
Would love to have the premiere Issue.....maybe if we wish hard enough Mary Jane would print off just a couple more copies...
MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

littlegreen
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Katelyn
Spanish Fork UT
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  1:09:43 PM  Show Profile
I have to say that the back issue bunlde is totally worth it! I got mine as a small Easter gift from my husband as well and the money as a gift or not is totally worth it! I read them every night and have still not made it through more than two of them cover to cover, such good information!
If you can afford it, I'd do the bundle, they're all so great!

www.littlegreendesigns.com ~ handbound blank books, purses, jewelry, and other fun stuff for the naturist in you!
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  1:56:57 PM  Show Profile
The bundle of past issues is just so remarkable. I say go for it...you won't be sorry and the price is right! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  3:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I must agree with the other ladies! Having the bundle is completely worth it. There is so much information in them- it is like having another MaryJane book. I keep mine in my living room so they are always handy when I have a spare moment :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  4:20:23 PM  Show Profile
I second everyone's delight in the back issue bundle. What beautiful magazines and so refreshing and inspiring.

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  11:04:04 PM  Show Profile
oh goodness chile' .. you ARE going to want ALL of them! ask all your kith and kin and friends who give you gifts for your birthday and christmas and momma's day and any other time of the year .. to pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze gift a back issue to you .. and be sure to ask for a subscription on that gift list too! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  11:05:43 PM  Show Profile
brenda .. that sounds devine! i look forward to your listing! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  4:40:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have all my MJF magazines displayed in our living room. We have a particular end table that is our "reading" end table. I also have her two books and two of Alton Brown's cooking books on them.

Last night I remembered reading about hard boiling eggs in the Egg issue. It was so nice to be able to use magazines in my everyday life. And the eggs turned out amazing! They are probably the best hardboiled eggs I have ever eatten and I can only imagine that farm fresh eggs would taste even better :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  11:23:40 PM  Show Profile
I am constantly referring to my back issues of MJF magazines too...love each one of them!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic MJF magazines Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page