JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  4:53:29 PM  Show Profile
There have been some inquiries about doing these books a "different" wey -- such as larger size, adding pullouts or pockets, different kinds of stitching together or binding, etc., such as you would do when making altered books. This is NOT an altered book project. It is a MINI BOOK otherwise known as a ZINE. The main advantage being that you can easily duplicate the master to mass produce multiple copies. I would encourage you to print out the instructions and make (fold and cut) a sample, then fill in the eight little pages. The master page will be flat until folded into the mini book shape. See the several samples that I have sent everyone now. If you go a different direction for this swap, you are going to miss out on some fun that is yet to come. In the future I have ideas for swaps that will involve different processes, sizes, techniques, bindings, etc., for making altered and other style books. But this time, stick with the guidelines or you'll end up being left out of some fun to come. Think about ATC's here -- you couldn't make a 5"x7" booklet and call it an ATC, could you?

Happy Creating,
jean

Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  09:08:02 AM  Show Profile
I finally got mine printed out and I used a piece of my flower dyed paper!! Now I am setting it up for decor Jean! Then I'll make a copy for the computer! I'm loving this little idea, once I got it figured out! Thank you!!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Mar 22 2021 09:09:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2021 :  1:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh gee, we're having some kind of fun now, aren't we? Some of you have been telling me about your creative ideas. And, I simply can't wait to see all our MINI BOOKS. Be sure to stay tuned as there are some surprises still ahead for y'all . . . after all it's almost April Fool's Day. . . WOO HOO !!! In the meantime, while we wait to get our partners, here is another of my friend Pam's Mini Books. She's such a creative gal. I've got her to lurking now and then on this forum, but she hasn't actually joined yet. I'm working on her. LOL Swappers check your emails for a copy of the flat page that you can fold into your own copy.

Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2021 :  3:36:42 PM  Show Profile
Here's another fun little MINI BOOK
And for you swappers, the flat copy is coming to your email . . .
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Mar 28 2021 3:40:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  10:44:17 AM  Show Profile
**** PARTNERS POSTED ****

And, drum roll please . . . . Your partner is Oprah Wimphrey!! Have fun and see the main swap post for more information . . .

Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  11:01:25 AM  Show Profile
Ha Ha, I fooled you!!

Now the answer to the age old question, "Which Came First?" Why, Jean's Chicken Mini Came first . . . at least on this page. Happy April Fool's Day.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Apr 01 2021 11:04:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2245 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2245 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  11:03:56 AM  Show Profile
What a fun idea! Now that I finally came up with an idea I guess I'd better get to work. Looking forward to lots of mini books.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7488 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7488 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  12:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Me, too - need to figure out how to achieve what I'm thinking about.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  12:53:20 PM  Show Profile
My Bad!! I got so caught up in playing my April Fool's prank, that I didn't pay attention to my own directions which said "Sign up by April 1 . . . Partners posted April 2" . . . oh well, that joke's on me. So ANYONE WHO STILL WANTS TO SIGN UP FOR THIS, please post here today and I'll add you to the email list and get the instructions and extra samples right out to you. The more who sign up, the more Mini Books we each get. Woo Hoo -- that's a good thing . . . And, be sure to read the whole original swap posting to get up to speed.

Sorry 'bout that . . .
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2021 :  1:41:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh JEAN!!!!! This is a hoot and a half!!! I LOVE the 'twist' in this swap! As you know, I am done, I've sent you a copy and now for everyone else! LOVED THIS!!!!! Let's do it again!!!! hahahahaha

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  09:54:05 AM  Show Profile
Un-signing up. Can’t get this to work .. just not smart enuff I guess
Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:13:26 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message

Here is my project and I've emailed the flat to all on the list.

Blessings and Hugs,
Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Granny of 10
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Linda
Salina KS
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:20:29 AM  Show Profile
Please unsign me as I have been having attacks with fibromyalgia and not feeling too well (:

We live by Faith,not by Sight 2Corinthians5:7
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:37:27 AM  Show Profile
Is it ok that mine isn't an informational zine Jean??

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:38:04 AM  Show Profile
I can redo it as it won't take ling....if need be

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
No, I don't think it matters, it can be anything you want it to be Dianna. Creativity is individual.

Gail

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:55:41 AM  Show Profile
So you think the spring zine is ok Gail?? If so I'll pass it on. But next time I know I'll make it more informational. :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:58:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Dianna, Gail is right anything goes. It does not have to be informational. Your Spring book was absolutely perfect. Look at those samples I sent again. Some are just "stuff" and "color".
Madelena and Granny of 10 -- So sorry to lose you. If the technology has you down, contact me and I'll be happy to walk you through it. Or, you can snail mail your book to me and I'll post it to everyone and return your book to you.
hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  10:59:05 AM  Show Profile
:)

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Apr 02 2021 11:32:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  11:14:52 AM  Show Profile
Jean is real good at explaining things to me that I did not understand, she is great and so patient.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018

“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4365 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4365 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  11:17:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Jean!! Yes, Debbie, she sure is!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  11:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Awww thanks for the vote of confidence Debbie and Dianna. And to all you bookies out there, please don't let the techie spin scare you off. We can work together and get this done. After all, like I told Debbie and Dianna already -- If we're not learning something new then the old age fairy is winning. Feel free to email me and I'll walk you through anything that has you muddled. Once you get this process mastered the first time, you'll see how simple it really is and be making mini books for everyone you know instead of buying expensive greeting cards . . .
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  11:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Maybe we should just get your phone number Jean! LOL!!!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6584 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6584 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  11:50:31 AM  Show Profile
I wonder too if an instructional video would help.
Some of us may be visual learners instead using it written instructions.
Just a thought!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2021 :  12:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Good idea Debbie -- I have a perfect one and will send it to the MINI BOOK email list.

In the meantime, Gail sent her wonderful Feed Sack mini to the swappers, and here is the cover shot for everyone else to see. My lighting for photos sucks, so I've scanned this for better results.
Thanks to Gail and her mom . . . what a treat.
hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Mini Book Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page