Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 MaryJane's Farmgirl Get-together!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane's Farmgirl Get-together! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2007 :  2:09:47 PM  Show Profile
I know someone mentioned the Lavender Festival Idaho. There is also one northeast of Spokane near Cusick--about an hour drive. Check out their website www.lavendercreek.net. It's right on the Pend Oreille River. Beautiful site. They have a quartet from the Spokane Orchestra playing and other groups. I learned to make lavener wands there. It was so much fun I can't wait to make more. I live 70 miles north of Spokane--50 miles from the Canadian border and lavender thrives here. So does thyme I have it all over. It self seeds in my driveway and I just can't bear to pull it out. You've heard of thyme lawns well I might soon have a thyme driveway! I'm constantly giving the stuff away. JoAnn

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2007 :  5:57:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey Joann,
If you ever get a chance to go to the Lavender fest up in Sequim, WA.... do so. I have a friend who retired there 4 years ago....and loves it there. I also have a friend who is moving up there mid April. It is an area well known for herb & lavender farms.
Today DH & I have spent the better part of the day clearing out the attic....holly cow, where did all that stuff come frommmmmm........ must be the work of elfins, LOL! Iwould never thing to stash stuff up there,,,,right!!!!!
No I am off to search for some chocolate....must find chocolate.....really really soooon! LOL!
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2007 :  11:09:00 PM  Show Profile
Katmom,
I sent our publication off to you yesterday. Sorry for the delay . . . I came down with double pneumonia totally unexpected this week and have been dog sick! Blah! I hope our publication will give you some insight into the area. Ours isn't as thick as certain competitor publications yet, since we are only a year old, but we are growing. It is 40 pages though, so it gives you a good idea. Tomlinsonblack.com seems to have the best website with MLS listings in our area . . . at least I find it the easiest to navigate. Might want to check it out. Otis is a nice area too. It is pretty much flat open land with nice farms. It is in the East Spokane Valley, just west of the Idaho border. I tend to like rolling hills, so it has not been an area a really looked at, but it is very peaceful. Elk and Deer Park are nice, but do have snow a bit longer. Elk tends to be a bit "red neckish" for my taste, but there are also some beautiful homes. It is pretty thick trees in Elk, which makes gardening rather difficult. All these areas have beauty in different ways. I truly hope when you come up you will let me know . . . I'd love to meet you! I have made a wonderful friend just across the Idaho border through this forum that I have the best time antiquing and crafting with. We really are kindred spirits here!

Hugs & Blessings!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2007 :  8:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, it came today..... yippee!!!! & Thank you so very much.
It really helps us in our search for a new home!
I have been packing till my little fingers are numb!!!! We & the neighbors are gonna have one heck of a yard sale!!!!
tata-4-now
grace

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  10:13:11 AM  Show Profile
Wish I were near to go to your garage sale! One of my most favorite things on earth to do!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2007 :  11:13:12 PM  Show Profile
Ditto, you just never know what "treasure" you might find..... 'course I am sure the neighbors & I will probably "swap" more stuff then sell!! LOL!
One would think after spending the past week getting the house ready to sell, and packing up & putting stuff in to storage, I would be smart enough to not buy anything till I get up to WA... ok, so what do I do? I bid on & won 2 vintage aprons on e-bay,,,,as if I don't have enough already....they are packed & in storage! Oh well, just got to get to the mail box before my DH does and quickly pack the 2 newest ones when they arrive....
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2007 :  6:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Grace...as for not selling your house for a year to make sure you want to stay where you moved...you will not want to go back to Calif. after living up here. I am in No. Idaho and love it. I lived in No Cal.(Chico, Grass Valley, Paradise) for the first 38 years of my life. Family is still there as well as some friends...but I will never go back. Plus my kids are here. Moved here in 92...so that's been 15 years. It is now my home.
There are many different types of areas here...mountainous, forest, farm lands, prairie. The people are as varied as the landscape.
We do not have Trader Joes...YET...but I bet 'cha a dollar it is coming. I have heard rumors of such an event. They would do smashingly well here. We do have Costco...which I love.
Anyhooo...welcome in advance!
Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2007 :  3:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Pamala,
Thanx for the encouragement. As of a few days ago,,,,we decided for sure to put our house on the market....even if we do not realize as much $$$ from the sale, it will still be ok.
We are so excited & truly believe we are headed in the right direction. A daughter of one of my husbands clients lives in Coeur d' Alene Idaho is trying to talk us into moving there, but our daughter is moving to Spokane so, we will to. Just where in the Spokane area is the million dollar question...I just want to get settled in & start my new garden.
I plan to write Trader Joe's a gazillion letters telling them all the reasons why they need to come to that side of the state. Seattle is not they only place were T.J. lovers live! LOL!
Have a lovely Easter.
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2007 :  3:31:44 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls! Rose and I are going to be there at the Past Blessings show with our craft items! Rose is making aprons and bringing vintage linens and baby clothes among some other things. I'm bringing pine needle/gourd baskets that I make. We were already planning to wear straw hats AND aprons with the hopes of catching some other farmgirls on the fly. We were so hoping to meet so many of you and we're really excited that so many of you are going to be there. We were also planning to hang our banner at our booth so you all would know who we are: Mountain Farmgirls from Idaho City. We're staying at some hotel up there (I can't remember the name of it) and then we're hoping to hop over to MaryJane's when the show is over and spend one night there before heading home. This is the biggest thing we have ever been involved with and we're just about jumping up and down with excitement. If you see us, please stop by and say hi so we can put a face to all the names we see here (we'll have cameras!).

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2007 :  09:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa-

If I am able to make it- I will stop by!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  07:46:30 AM  Show Profile
That would be great, Alyssa! We hope to see you there.

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  10:53:03 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited to meet you wonderful farmgirls in person! Can't wait to get all my stuff moved down there . . . it is taking over our home right now! LOL! At least I know I will have a full booth! See you all there!

Hugs & blessings!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  10:08:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls look for me too. I will be in the downstairs in the back corner. My booth will say "The Mercantile." Not sure what I am wearing...but I want to make some prairie skirts...but they do not look all that good on a chubby woman. So we will see. I for sure will be wearing an apron...that is a given!

How about if we farmgirls get together for dinner on Friday night? If we weren't all so busy we could have a picnic in the park afterwards..but we will likely be tired. Let me know what you think.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  10:51:21 PM  Show Profile
I'd love to meet everyone in the park for dinner Friday . . . may have to excuse myself here and there if there are any fires to put out, but hopefully by then it will be pretty settled. Now we just need to pray for good weather!!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  3:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, what a nice idea, a picnic potluck in the park. Just simple "girls out" fare. Fruit, muffins, cool drinks...things that keep well and don't take much fuss for a busy woman to put together.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  10:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda, Michelle, Joanne & Pamela,
here is an update on our moving to Spokane (area), our daughter & son-in-love are there right now, they put an offer in on a home and will know by tomorrow (hopefully) if their offer has been accepted. If it is ment to be, it will happen.
So, that being said, our house will go on the market May 5th unless the painters(for the outside of the house) get delayed. Then once it is on the market we will fly up to WA. a week or two later to scout out our future home.
Brenda, I will contact you when we do so we can pick your brain about some properties that we are considering.
I decided to go ahead & submit my retirement paperwork instead of waiting till June. This allows me time to use up my vacation hours (9 weeks worth) stay at home & still draw a paycheck. How cool is that.
Wish I could join you all at the May get together, but don't forget, we'll have a Tea Party @ my house once I get settled in.
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  06:47:51 AM  Show Profile
This all sounds like so much fun!!! I with that Utah wasn't so far away... You all will just HAVE to let us "homebody" farmgirls know how things went and for SURE show some pictures!!! I love hearing about all of the plans, too - that way I can imagine myself there!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  5:46:20 PM  Show Profile
Brenda & Michelle,
had to share this with you, it was on an ebay site that I was looking at.
don't know who the author is.
"Watch how you live...You might be the only Bible someone reads".
I typed it up to take to work when I return on Wednesday. <><
tata-4-now

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  6:06:43 PM  Show Profile
Grace, You are entering a very exciting time in your life's adventure. It was a little over 2 1/2 years ago that we packed up all our belongs in "the big yellow truck" (Penske moving truck) and started our adventure in the Inland Northwest. Still loving it! If you need any advice about moving just ask. JoAnn

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  10:27:54 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Joann,
I think as of today, my DH & I have mentaly checked out of here. We can hardly wait to drive up to Wash., get a home that is comfortable, we don't even mind a cosmetic fixer. We enjoy doing that sort of stuff. In fact my DH discovered he has a knack for tiling. He tiled our daughters kitchen counter recently and it turned out just awesome! I am so proud of him.
We are looking forward to a few months of puttering, yard work etc., but I suspect by Sept. we will be ready to find a part time job or volunteer work to keep us a wee bit busy. I am toying with the idea of finding a job in a little shop to support my crafting addiction. LOL! Other wise I will be the lady at the side of the road with the sign (decorated of course!) that say's "will work for craft supplies". LOL!
Once we get settled in, I hope all you Wash., (actually any & all) MJF sisters will come visit.
I plan to have a High Tea & will encourage you all to wear your favorite apron & best pearls! :>)
My kitchen will always be open to MJF & SOTF sisters.
till then, tata-4-now

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  07:19:03 AM  Show Profile
How are you doing, Brenda? Hanging in there? I certainly appreciate all the work you have put into this, and I'm looking forward to it. The weather should be gorgeous...what a weekend!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane's Farmgirl Get-together! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page