Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 MaryJane's Farmgirl Get-together!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane's Farmgirl Get-together! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  10:18:07 AM  Show Profile
I just got a wonderful email from Theresa, who is in charge of reservations for MaryJane's wonderful B&B. She is hoping to get a bunch of you farmgirls to come stay at the farm and then you could all skip over together to the Past Blessings Antique Show in Fairfield. Its an easy and wonderful drive from MaryJane's to Fairfield. If I wasn't so busy putting on the show, I'd love to be there too. Anyway, something you might want to talk about with your fellow farmgirls. The show is May 18th and 19th, so you'd need to call soon and get reservations. Should be a lot of farmgirl fun! And if you do make it to the antique show, be sure to say "Hi" to me . . . I'll be the one running around with her tongue hanging out!

Hugs and Blessings!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  10:22:18 AM  Show Profile
Gosh..sounds so wonderful!! I wish I were closer and didn't have so many commitments right then. Sounds like heaven!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  10:33:21 AM  Show Profile
With it being before school is out, those dates make it impossible for me to come. I guess I'll just have to wait until MJ does her thing in July again :(

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  11:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Just remember there is not going to be a Farm Fair this year (unless things have changed since I last read the posts). It sounds like fun- I will have to see how things are working out at that time with Baby Nora and everything. I love antiques!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  11:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I hope you can participate . . . farmgirls and antiques . . . what could be better! I would love to meet all you farmgirls I have come to love on this forum!

Hugs and Blessings!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Brenda,
My farmgal friends and I really wanted to come to Fairfield this year since there will be no farm fair and we always wanted to go the the Farmchicks Fair. Unfortunately, that is the weekend of my college graduation (I'm a later bloomer!) so we will be doing graduation festivities. Do you think you'll be having a Fall show?

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  7:18:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie,
Yes, we will have a Fall Show . . . September 21st and 22nd. It will be great! Hope you can make it!!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  11:44:07 AM  Show Profile
Past Blessings promises to be a good show! Many of the same vendors we have come to love will be there. I ahve attended many of the previous antique shows in Fairfield (Farm Chicks), but this will be my first year to be a vendor. Hubby is working away at creating some fun, whimsical, useful pieces of furniture. I am offering collectibles and homemade items with a vintage, Victorian, homey appeal. So if you can make it be sure to say 'hi' when you come into our booth. We are "The Mercantile."

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  8:17:27 PM  Show Profile
Hearing more and more about the Past Blessings show is making me SO wish that I could come up there and meet all of you and see your wonderful "wares." What a great place to link up with fellow farmgirls - I'm guessing you'll all recognize each other by the aprons...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  9:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Is there not going to be a farm fair this summer? I thought i got something that said it was July 1 and 2? It was an email with some friendly farmgirls weilding tools...I thought. Hmmm...maybe i will call the farm. This show sounds great, but i am so far away, summer is looking good for me though. If i am crazy and i did not get the email i am thinking of, will someone please let me know?
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  10:47:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Jessica! If you check out the thread here: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7569, you'll see that MaryJane and the folks at the farm won't be holding a Farm Fair this year, but next year's still up in the air. For now, we're supporting Brenda's Past Blessings antique and crafts fair this summer - it should really be wonderful!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  11:25:09 PM  Show Profile
We are going to Montana for my son-in-law's college graduation on May 18th. But we will definitely be stopping by Past Blessings on our way through on the 19th! Just wish we could stay at Farm but it won't work out this time. Sure sounds like fun though.

http://stores.ebay.com/Anna-Rosetta
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  10:12:58 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to pop over to Fairfield with you gals. I have to work on the 18th, but I'd love to meet up with all of you in Fairfield (it's a close drive from here). Please let me know when you're heading over. I don't think I'll be able to join you at the B&B, but my family would be interested in antiquing and meeting with you in Fairfield. How wonderful!

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  2:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, I hope I can meet you when you come and You too, Kay (still pouting that you aren't able to be a vendor! Maybe in September!?) I can't say a definite place I can meet you, but I will be bouncing around between the grange and tent both days. Maybe I can come up with something to make me "recognizable". Saying I'm the one in levis and cowboy boots, sums up half the people there! LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  3:47:32 PM  Show Profile
Great, I'll mark it on the calendar and we'll be there. As the date approaches, let's agree on a "hi sign".

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  09:12:48 AM  Show Profile
I'm thinking about wearing some kind of fun old fashioned hat or even a decorated cowboy hat, but not sure if it would drive me crazy when I am so busy running around. It would be nice to have a way to be identified. I'm pretty generic looking as people go! LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Funny, I was thinking of a straw hat I have hanging on the wall of my bedroom, with little green/blue glass beads in the rim. I'll wear it! Hats are just so easy to spot. Oh, and fun to add things to like a big flower, or a certain colored sash.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  7:25:53 PM  Show Profile
I will be looking for a Farmgirl in a funky straw hat! After thinking about it, I think I may do an apron instead . . . it could be helpful with big pockets and won't fall off when I am running around "putting out fires." Think I will make a nice roomy one out of some great reproduction fabric and somehow add the Past Blessings logo. Just one more project to add to the ever growing list! LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  6:00:24 PM  Show Profile
Brenda (Past Blessings) & Michelle (huckelberrywine)
If all goes according to plan, my DH & I will be moved up to the Spokane area by mid or late summer. That being said,,,I will mark my calendar to go to the Fall show in September. So when you ladies decide what to do to recognise each other, let me know....so I can recognise you too!
Maybe a hankie attached to your clothing or hat or handbag....
We are so excited about the move. We are getting our house in order & ready to sell. Wish us luck. I will be putting in my retirement paperwork June 30 and then it's time to "Get outta Dodge" or in my case, Moorpark. Wahoo, Washington here we come.
By the way, We have organic stores down here called Trader Joes and Whole Foods Market. anything up there like that?
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  6:03:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh Duh!!!!! I just realized their was another page of diologue,,,so disregard my goofey hankie suggestion... I will be on the look out for a straw hat w/bling & a big pocketed apron with a lady attached putting outfires!!!LOL!
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2007 :  7:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Katmom, We moved to Washington almost 3 years ago from Minnesota. We settled in a small town (around 5,000 people)about 70 miles north of Spokane. We love it here! When we vistit Spokane we go to Huckleberries Food Market for organic/health food needs. They carry Maryjanes products in bulk form! JoAnn

I've always been called a dreamer, but I never listened. I did what others dare not do--lived my dream while they watched. Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  3:27:45 PM  Show Profile
Oh, this is so fun. I get carried away...is it really safe to say on the internet where we'll be, when, and how to recognize us? I feel really safe with y'all, but anyone can read this stuff...am I being paranoid? Maybe it will be best to e-mail each other to figure out how to recognize "us". I do like the hat-with-bling. I just about fell out of my chair laughing.

On a cheerier note, I'm so glad to hear you're moving up here Grace. We don't have a Trader Joe's yet, but as JoAnn said, Huckleberries Market does a good job. There are places around if you look hard.

Grace, you just "sparked" an idea...an apron for Brenda with flames on it. How cute would that be at a barbeque? Or for a new cook (with a good sense of humor)?

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  4:24:12 PM  Show Profile
We do have a pig in our logo . . . perhaps he could be roasting on a fire?! LOL! I downloaded a free apron pattern that is really sweet and old fashioned. I will have fun making something unique! Not sure it will have fire though . . . LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2007 :  4:48:39 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited about transplanting to WA...I was actually talking to my "late in life kids"(kitties) about the move,when I realized if anyone were around to hear me they would think I misplaced a few marbles,,,if ya know what I mean...LOL!.
We rented a storgae unit to put our house hold belongings in till the move(hopefully in July or sooner) It will make painting & fixing up the house for sale a lot easier... Holy cow,we have so much stuff...can we say "yard sale". In fact I have spoken with several neighbors & we are going to have a cul-de-sac yard sale April 14th. Wahoo!....
I have the best husband, I had mentioned that I probablly should par down on all my craft stuff, & he said no, if I get rid of the stuff, he knows me well enough that I will just make a bee-line to the nearest craft store & just buy more so I may as well keep what I have. Besides, I don't think he want's to get rid of any of his golf & fishing stuff.
We have been scouting out several areas in the Spokane area. 5-10 acres. I would prefer to build but it would be alot easier to buy a house and just fix it up for our personalities.
As for the Sept. event, I would be most delighted to meet up with you all. I agree, we can privitely email each other to let each other know what we will be wearing so we can spot each other. I am partial to an apron w/lots of bling....I always adored the "hostess" aprons my mom use to wear in the early '60's made of chiffon and very flouncy. I can see it now, "Beadazzler" gone mad on a a chiffon apron!!!, that would be me!!! LOL!
I look forward to checking out the Huckelberries market when I get up there. yummmm.
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2007 :  5:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Grace,
I am so happy you are moving up to Spokane! I have no idea what your budget is or if there is a particular part of Spokane you like. For acreage, if I had the money, I would either go South toward Freeman and Valleyford (This is South of the Southhill, if that means anything to you!) or Peone Prairie or Greenbluff. Both Freeman/Valleyford and Peone Prairie are wonderful rolling wheat fields with surrounding foothills and mountains . . . gorgeous! Greenbluff is actually on a foothill overlooking Peone and has wonderful soft hills of orchards of all kinds . . . apple, pear, peach, cherries, etc. North in Deer Park and Elk is more "woodsy". For myself I like the woods when camping, but I prefer a rolling wheatfield farmland for home. Someday hopefully I will have it for myself! My husband and I publish a Real Estate guide (you know . . . the freebie publications you get at grocery stores!) If you would like, I can mail you a copy. If you are interested in that, just drop me an email at PastBlessings@comcast.net.

Best of luck!!

Brenda

Edited by - Past Blessings on Apr 10 2007 1:06:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2007 :  12:03:27 PM  Show Profile
I can not express how greetful I am to you all for your in put,of the nuences of the dfferent areas around Spokane.... We love the trees, but do not want to be so high up in elevation that would keep us covered in snow a month longer than needed, We don't mind the snow, but since we are avaid gardeners we would like to be at a lower elevation. I had heard of an area called Otis Orchards, heard lavender grows well there. I am a lavenderaholic so any place that I can plant herbs would be great.
DH & I are putting our home on the market May 1st, we have been working fevereshly getting it ready. Putting 34 years of "stuff" in storage & the rest for a yard sale.
I think we are flying up somtime mid May to look around. Our daughter & her DH have made 3 trips and love everything they see.
We have toyed with the idea of just renting in Spokane for a few months, (leave everything in storage) until we find that "special home".
Elk & Deer Park are 2 of the areas we want to check into.
I am so giddy with joy...here I am, 52 years young and am behaving like a 18 year off to collage..."free at last". Funny thing is my hubby is a Realtor and always tells his clients to hangonto their house for the 1st year in case they don't like the area they can move back...you would thing we would hed that advise,,,NOT!
Ladies, when we get up there, & settled in, consider yourselves invited for a tea party, Grace style. Hat's & all.
I had dreamed of someday opening a little tea shop, so in my next phase of life, I will hunt for a little victorian or Bungalow house to convert....hey, a gal can dream. : > )
Keep thoes bits of info coming my way...May 1 is almost here.... and you will recognise us pulling into town, I'll be driving the motorhome & hubby will be pulling the trailer...and you'll hear 4 kitties meowing all the way 'cause they hate traveleing....LOL!
Brenda, I will send you my address so that you can send us a copy of your publication. Gary(DH) checks daily with the Board of Realtors.
We are in search of 2-10 acres w/house and a workshop/barn or permittable to build a workshop/garage. DH does woodworking and we would like to store the 21'motorhome inside as well.
oops, DH is call for me....tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic MaryJane's Farmgirl Get-together! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page