Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Huge Burn on the Ranch Next Topic  

sunshine78
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Cynthia
Western Nebraska
106 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  10:05:53 AM  Show Profile
About a month ago my husband and I and my folks burnt the rest of the buildings on my Grandpa's ranch. They so needed to go. I am so excited about it because it means we are one step closer to actually building a house on the place! You can see the pictures on my blog.

www.prairieranch.blogspot.com

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  10:49:57 AM  Show Profile
LOVED your blog! Too funny, the description of being a yarn junkie.....hey, and a junker also! My kinda gal! I am looking forward to getting to know you here! Nance

PS. What a poetic photo that was, of the burning building with a backdrop of an ice-clad tree!!!! Exquisite!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  8:42:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Thank you so much for sharing! I get so excited when others are working on/creating their dreams! I think it is so wonderful and inspiring and I love the ideas and creativity that flows from such pure and wonderful endeavors! I wish you the very best and can't wait to hear more!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  05:13:54 AM  Show Profile
I love your blog! Your pictures are great. Sorry about your tractor though.
:( I cannot imagine how you felt when you saw that!! The eagle pictures are beautiful- that is so awesome to see that in your back yard! Hopefully things will be a bit calmer for you from now on. :)

Karin
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  08:57:09 AM  Show Profile
nice blog! I thought the photos might be in the northwest, until I sorted it out you were in Nebraska. We have labs too, no cats! jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  09:11:40 AM  Show Profile
Great pictures. That burn must have been quite a sight. yay! I love it when people appreciate the wildlife surrounding their locale. Good for you and yes it is always entertaining. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  10:10:09 AM  Show Profile
sunshine I loved your blog & the pictures were great but I really loved the WINDMILL! It reminds me so much of my favorite australian tv show that I cant see here anymore thanks to the WE channel. It's called "McLeods Daughters". Great show about women trying to manage on a ranch together & main people are the 2 daughters who hadn't seen each other in years. It just reminded me of that.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Huge Burn on the Ranch Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page