Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 And the Countdown Begins...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic And the Countdown Begins... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  1:53:29 PM  Show Profile
I had an emergency type forcep delivery the first time and got the worst tear you can get. It hurts, but not as much as you would think. Mostly you're just sore and the baby keeps your mind off of it.
The second time they gave me the choice of a c-section. They were worried that if I tore like that again I could lose control of my bowel and bladder. Yikes! After some testing I decided against the c-section, until I was in labor again. The doc on call talked me into it. He said a c-section is alot easier then trying to fix the perineal area and he might not be able to fix it. He also said some women's bodies are shaped so the baby only fits through looking up instead of down. Which was the problem the first time.
I went through with the c-section and I'm glad I did because she was looking up too. I'm happy to say I still have control of my bowels! HaHa. I think you can really scare yourself wondering about the unknown though. But I'm here to say the worst really isn't that bad and I would do it again too.

My stall cleaning helpers

http://shannon-love-in-a-mist.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  4:40:34 PM  Show Profile
I have to tell you though Shannon --- both my boys were looking up! and no c-sections. Hugs!

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  11:38:17 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I had lots and lots of the non-stress tests, and the hospital was so nice, they would have nice music playing and a soft recliner or bed...it was kindof nice, and fun to see the babies heart rate, I would just sit and watch the machine for contractions and heart rate!
It started to get alittle old going everyday, which is what I had to do near the end, but it is always worth it to know that your babe is doing well...

I am so glad to hear she has turned...don't worry about your delivery, women have been giving birth since the beginning of time...as for the c-section, don't fret now, if it happens, it happens...

Love and light to you.
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  5:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Everyone- You all are the best. It is wonderful to have such great support.

Doug tells me that he has this feeling that once everything is said and done I will tell him "I don't know what all the fuss is about!" *LOL* I hope he is right. Each day I feel more and more comfortable with the thought of birth which I know is also part of the process.

It is going to be amazing to bring a new life to the world and I am excited to start on the adventure of being a mom. Of course I am awed and a little nervous about that responsibility too- but all in all I am pretty confident that Doug and I should be able to raise her without too many complexes :)

I'll give you all an update tomorrow after my next non-stress test and then Monday I get to go see my OB and get the results of my blood work back too :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  5:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Who's going to let us know when you have the baby?!?!?!?! A new Farm Baby!!!

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  7:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I might have to call the Farm and have them post for me :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  10:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message

Big preggo belly. Yes those are stretch marks- but mostly from when I got pretty overweight really fast. Vitamin E oil is going to be my best friend.

Edited by - Alee on Mar 10 2007 10:15:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  12:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Stretch marks..I have sooo many, I used to be really self conscience about them..but not anymore..
Real Goddesses have bellies!..and for me, stretch marks are like a badge of motherhood. There aren't too many Mamas that don't have some, somewhere... I got them on my breasts when I was pregnant, and later when I was so engorged....

Keep us posted on how your test goes.
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2007 :  1:27:59 PM  Show Profile
You are so beautiful! I love big preggo bellies!

I'm not pregnant anymore, but MAN, did I get stretch marks! See? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/Persephone82/10.jpg They've faded so much now, that they're pale silvery things- not so offensive. :)

Edited by - Persephone on Mar 11 2007 1:28:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  11:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
You look good, Alee! I am with Katie on the stretch marks...they happen to all of us. I have a tummy full of them, a new set for each kid! After 9 years, I don't even notice them anymore (I don't think hubby ever noticed them). The worst thing about them, is they itch like crazy when they are healing. Keep us posted on how you are doing!

Trina

'
Of all the things I have created, my children are the best.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  12:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I should find out later today if I have the liver issue and if I have to be induced this week or if they are going to let me go to term. I really hope my liver is doing it's job and getting rid of those bile salts. The information I have been reading is the ICP (liver issue) can lead to a _much_ greater chance of stillbirth if untreated and carried to term- Scary!

But I have great doctors watching me like hawks so I have confidence in them. I will let you all know in a few hours! :)

Nora has been doing great on all the non-stress tests though. She has been active and the nurses think she is doing great. My blood pressure is staying nice and low so as long as my liver is doing good we should be on-target for April 7th. :)
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  5:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I got the results back from the doctor. According to her I am a "puzzle". I am testing negative for all the signs of preeclamsia (yay!) and the tests for ICP came back negative as well (yay!) So right now, Nora gets to stay put until I go into natural labor- however my doctor is still trying to find out why my liver functions are elevated and why I am having this extreme itchiness. She sent me in for more blood work. I can go back down to only one non-stress test a week since I tested negative for ICP, but with my family history of preeclampsia with sudden onset- they still want to monitor me.

I am thrilled that I don't have to be induced early and am just hoping that this latest blood test will show my liver back to normal.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  6:01:45 PM  Show Profile
I like the name you have picked! I am so glad everything is going ok so far.

Blessed Be!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
http://chevy49girl.livejournal.com/
http://midwestmusings-kim.blogspot.com/
http://chevy49girl.deviantart.com/
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2007 :  9:07:47 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear that things are going well for you. Be encouraged that just because your family has a history of pre-eclampsia it doesn't mean you will! My twin sis had two c-sections and miscarragies, I've never had either & our labors are totally different.

Blessings!

Holly

Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2007 :  11:04:37 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I guess, I should have read page 2 of the post...I didn't even realise there was a liver issue. Glad to hear that things are looking good. Take it easy and I'll pray for you and Nora (ditto Kim on the name!)

Trina

'
Of all the things I have created, my children are the best.
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  8:41:43 PM  Show Profile
Alee - what a fun belly photo! I am still so in awe that our bodies can create life. Isn't it amazing!!! I'm sending you love, hugs and best wishes - to BOTH of you farmgirls!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  04:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Any of you ladies have suggestions for relieving the intense hip pain of late pregnancy? It feels like my right hip joint is dislocated whenever I get up from sitting or when I sit down after walking around for a while. The mornings it usually is fine, but by afternoon I am hobbling around and having to waddle. A couple of times I have almost fallen because I my joint suddenly stops working mid step. I am not sure if this is just more sciatica nerve pain or if it is because the ligaments and muscles are so loose for my impending labor that there is no support. I do like to sit cross legged- especially at the computer and I am not sure if that is making my hips spread more and therefore aggravating the problem?

The nurse at the hospital suggested that I lay down and bring my knee up and in as far as I can to my chest, but that doesn't seem to help. I have tried rotating the joint both clockwise and counter clockwise but that doesn't seem to help either. I tried doing some pelvic tilts yesterday, not sure if it helped or not because I wasn't too sore at the time. Any other suggestions?

At this point I have tried everything except taking Tylenol. I have only taken it once or twice this pregnancy and would prefer to keep it that way if at all possible. I hate taking pills, but at the same time I am at my wits end on this one.

Thanks Ladies

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2007 :  07:11:33 AM  Show Profile
Alee, Crossing your legs is one of the worst things for hip and back pain, as it puts pressure on only one side. Keep your feet firmly planted on the floor, legs uncrossed. Or else put them up on a foot stool, also uncrossed. You might try angling a rolled up towel equally under your hips while you are sitting. This will help create the pelvic tilt situation, which is rather hard to do when your belly is expanded. Hope this helps!

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

I want to be an "outrageous" old woman who never gets called an old lady. I want to be wiser, resonate love & peace and be earth-colored, till I fade away from pure joy!

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Edited by - Clare on Mar 17 2007 07:12:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  1:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the advice Clare- I am trying really hard not to sit cross legged "indian style" at the computer :) Sometimes I have to remind myself...

My hip got pretty painful yesterday as I worked a full 8 hr shift at the front desk and I will again today too- but I guess this is all just part of the package to make me really really ready for labor once it starts. I suppose if pregnancy stayed fun, cute, and comfortable the whole way through more women would be scared to death of laboring. I am starting to get to the point of "Lets just get her out and go from there!" *LOL*

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  1:55:23 PM  Show Profile
I actually went to a chiropractor during my pregnancy for the lower back/sciatic pain. this was such an incredible blessing and made all the difference. at first I was extremely sceptical (sp?) but I cannot tell you enough what a huge difference this made. I went once every two weeks starting in my 6th month and then in the 8th went once a week (though I would have loved to go twice a week!)

I also used ice on my back and that helped some.

Remember to walk around if you are sitting for long periods... this is important not just to help your back/hip but to improve circulation to your legs and to the baby.

blessings to you and the little one!

http://www.handcraftsbyheather.com
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  5:57:32 PM  Show Profile
You might also try a massage therapist -- many of them now over pregnancy massage services.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2007 :  12:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message

Preggo belly shot
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2007 :  12:42:27 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you and your new little one on the way - Alee, all will be well. Even if you do not work through the end of the month. Praying for you!

Ephesians 1:17
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic And the Countdown Begins... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page