Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 And the Countdown Begins...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic And the Countdown Begins... Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  8:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My due date is April 7th, but I keep having this weird premonition that I am going to have a March baby or at least have and early baby.

So the last month countdown has officially begun. Yikes!

I feel the need to finish a lot of projects around the house and get everything "in order". Nesting instinct I am sure.

Today Doug and I hosted a small dinner party for our friends so I got his help cleaning up the house. And to be fair- he did a huge portion of the work. On the flip side- he was cleaning up mostly his own messes! *lol*

Oh well. His computer room/office has now been converted into a shared office for both of us. My office is going to be the nursery some day. All the clean laundry got folded and put away and the kitchen and living room are nice and clean. I feel like sanity is returning to our lives- just in time for a little bundle of chaos to come :)

I really want to do cloth diapering and saw the posts for patterns on the internet (thank you ladies!). Now I just need to go buy some suitable fabrics and bite the bullet to make them! Any volunteers to do the sewing for me? Just kidding...kind of :)

Anyway- The baby is still hanging out in breech position but I had a doctor's appointment on Monday. Hopefully there is something we can do to get her to shift around a bit. Maybe my doctor will do an ultrasound to see exactly how she is positioned- It would be really neat to see her again before she makes her grand entrance.

Now if only I can get a good night's sleep tonight :)

Alee

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  8:48:48 PM  Show Profile
what name have you picked out? Congratulations..yep..you have the good ole nesting instinct kicking in..ha.
well..if it is any consolation..my last baby was said to be breech about a month before I had her, but she turned the right way and dropped down..so all went well.

let's see, if I had to guess when the baby would get here..let's see..about the 2nd or 3rd...let's see if I'm a good guesser :0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  9:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations! I LOVE holding my baby for the first time. I'm jealous. Not of all the work though. It's funny, my husband thinks holding them for the first time is the worst part. "They are all slimy and scrunched up", he says. Ahh, heaven! I vote my daughters birthday, April 1st.

Farmgirl and mother of 2
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  10:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*LOL* You ladies make me laugh!

Shannon- You are not to far away- feel free to come down to Moscow!

So far her name is going to be Nora Reyene but the middle name could change. But she is definatly Nora for sure... unless she becomes a He and then we are in trouble! *LOL*

I am still a bit freaked out about the whole labor part. But I just keep telling myself that billions of women before me have done it and it is one of the things my body is designed to do. Plus no matter what happens- I will heal from it. I am sure the anticipation is worse than the real thing- just like so many other things in life.

However I do think I am slowly getting over my fear of needles. I had to go have blood drawn again...those darn vampiric doctors... anyway- this time I did not procrastinate at all- just went and got it over and done with. A vast improvment on the last time I was supposed to get blood done. Only a 4 month procrastination there! ;)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  10:51:25 PM  Show Profile
Just try not to panic and relax, the baby comes out alot faster.lol I got scared and prevented myself from dilating the first time.
I've had 2 hard births and it still happened so fast I didn't even realize they were bad until after the fact. By then you have your prize and nothing else matters.
Maybe you'll be like my sister-in-law. We were all eating dinner and she kept saying her back hurt. Then they went home. She got in the bath tub, threw up and decided maybe she should go to the hospital. They barely made it. All in about an hour and a half. No one was even there, because we all thought it would take hours. lol

Farmgirl and mother of 2
Go to Top of Page

beckels
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

becky
warrington pa
USA
237 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  06:01:24 AM  Show Profile
Just relax and try not to panic like Shannon said ( I know it is easlier to say than do) and it will be over before you know it. And I will send prayers so the little one turns around in time and to have a safe and fast labor

beckels

p.s. my water broke at a local grocery store - you will laugh and almost wet your pants about the mayhem that happened after that!!
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  09:16:03 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations! Don't let the Docs talk you into a C-sect until the last minute! Breech Babies have been known to turn head down at the "last minute" but not until Mom was in labor! and guess what? Breech babies CAN be deleivered naturally as well it just takes a lot more control and expertise on the doc's part. Not something I would want either but just so you know. A month out is to early to know weather baby will turn or not so don't fret!

Blessings,

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  11:52:51 AM  Show Profile
If you have to have a c-section, being scared is the worst part.
Oh and sometimes you throw up, they don't show that on a Baby Story. lol. You just tell the doctor behind you and you turn your head and do it in one of those little kidney dishes. None even got on me.:) It was over in no time and I got to hold my baby with in minutes and started nursing her.

My stall cleaning helpers

http://shannon-love-in-a-mist.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  3:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Don't worry and keep your lower jaw relaxed...seriously it works, just keep reminding yourself. My third was breech and I went online and found ways to turn him. I would turn him and then he would turn back and I would turn him and he would turn back. Very frustrating. Atlast he turned as I was in labor. One of my twins was breech also, the second of the two. Once the first one came out she turned upside down and out she came...headfirst. However, I just attended a birth of twins, big ones...the first was 8lbs7oz and the second was a 9lbs4oz breech. Fairly intense but the mother was fine and so were the babies. I am sure there are times when intervention is neccessary, but docs like to talk women into things when they are feeling vulnerable. Remember, YOU are in charge in the delivery room. YOUR BABY and YOUR BODY. oooh, sometimes my friends call me a birth nazi, maybe i should stop handing out advice for now. Good luck, you can do it...imagine all the ancient wisdom of birthers past surrounding you and giving you all their powers at one time.
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  3:04:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, I can't believe the size of those twins! The poor mama must have been huge! My biggest was 9 1/2 pounds and I can't imagine having twins that size. She must have taken very good care of herself - good for her!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  9:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I got to spend a lovely 3 hours in Labor and Delivery today-

I went in for my weekly appointment and found out that my kidney functions on my latest blood work were slightly abnormal. I also have insanely itchy skin and some swelling. So I got to go do a non stress test and get blood drawn again. While they were monitoring the baby and I with the non stress test it came to light that I am having contractions about every three minutes. Some lasting as long as a minute.

So I also got my cervix checked- luckily it is only open a little on one side, but it is thinning out.

Now I get to go to L&D twice a week for a Non-stress test and I get to see my doctor once a week.

Hopefully I will get to work till the end of this month as that would be best financially- but the doctor and the nurse both assure me that if the baby comes now- she will be fine.

Also I got an ultrasound today to see if she had flipped and sure enough she is in a great birthing position now. Thank goodness!

I guess I better get that nursery area cleaned up and ready to go!
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  10:04:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow! Congratulations, Alyssa! Does this mean she's coming today?

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  10:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Ya! Theres going to be a new baby in the house!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  07:08:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We are still hoping for an April baby!
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  11:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
babies have their own calanders...they come when they are good and ready, no matter what our plans are!

'
Of all the things I have created, my children are the best.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  11:33:55 AM  Show Profile
Alee,

Wonderful news to hear that your babe has changed positions!!! You are in my thoughts.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  7:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Great news that she has changed to the correct position! Hopefully she will stay that way and things will go well for you both.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  11:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Today's Non-Stress Test went great. Baby was performing like a champ and I had a few really good contractions, but they were not as regular as before. I think I was probably stressed about having my blood drawn last time so that is probably why I was having so many contractions. I have to go back in on Sunday or Monday- but it is kind of nice to sit in those rooms and listen/watch the baby's heartbeat and by watching when the monitor picks up a contraction is helping to me learn how to relax during them. Hopefully all this will help when the big day comes.

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  11:18:19 AM  Show Profile
Alyssa,
You can do it, remember most of us have been there and are here. We women are made for this, sometimes I think God got a little carried away with the procedure but it all works out. We will all be waiting to hear.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  11:54:42 AM  Show Profile
Is there a particular reason you are doing all these "stress" tests? I've had 4 kiddos and nary a stress test in the bunch so unless there is a particular medical reason ie high bp they are not necessary and can be more stressful for Mom & baby than just waiting until it's time, kwim?

Remember pregnancy is not a disease it's a perfectly natural state of being.

Blessings,

Holly

Edited by - ArmyWifey on Mar 08 2007 11:55:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  12:26:38 PM  Show Profile
I was slightly apprehensive about going into labor and delivering my first child (nearly 27 years ago) but I soon came to the conlcusion that if Mary could have Jesus in a barn with animals watching, I would be just fine....and so will you! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  9:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks again ladies-

Like I said before the reason for all the non- stress tests and the urine and blood tests are because of elevated liver function showing up on my blood work. I forget what the condition is called but it can cause your liver to not eliminate bile like it is supposed to and lets the dirty salts build up in your skin and can cause a toxic environment for the baby. If it is not recognized or treated properly it can cause fetal death.

I should find out how my liver is doing on Monday, and I actually like the non-stress tests because they are non-invasive and I get to coach myself on contractions and watch the baby's heartbeat fluctuate as she moves around. All the test involves is me sitting on a bed with two disks strapped to my belly. :)

I am actually pretty okay with the thought of labor- the contractions won't bother me - it's more the crowing/stretching/tearing part of birth that makes me a bit leary. But again, like I said before- I comfort myself by knowing that billions of women have gone through this before me and been more than fine and I will heal afterwards.
Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  08:07:07 AM  Show Profile
Good luck! Having babies was the happiest time of my life. I envy you starting at the beginning of this wonderful journey. Enjoy your little one when it gets here!
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  08:22:59 AM  Show Profile
For me the "Crowning/stretching" part was the best --- seriously cause you are almost DONE! My labors were normal length or shorter but I don't push long at all! The longest was 20minutes and that was with my oldest, youngest was one big push. Also it's better if you tear (as long as it's less than 4 degrees) because it heals better than if you have an episiotomy and they cut straight through all the layers of muscle. Lots of women have issues later with perinal floor problems from having episiotomies. With my biggest I only needed 4 stitches so it really just is individual to that baby. It truly is amazing how God makes all that stretch to the perfect size and then back again! Also squatting really helps -- it can open your pelvis up 3cm or more which may not seem like a lot now but beleive me IT IS! ;)

Of course my BEST birth was at home with the midwife!!!

Blessings!

Holly

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  08:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Luckily my doctors don't do "routine" episiotomies. They only do it if it looks like the tearing is going to be excessive, or if the baby is really stuck and starting to have problems.

I just looked at the calendar and realized I better pack a hospital bag here soon! Some days it feels like this baby will never come and some days I realize it is just around the corner.
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  09:31:30 AM  Show Profile
Alee,

That feeling of never is why I told my hubby that God made pregnancy 9 full months! (It took him until #4 to figure out that you actually have baby the begining of your 10th month!) Because before that you're generally ok with being pregnant but by the end you just want to have that kid!

Blessings,

Holly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic And the Countdown Begins... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page