2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  3:32:34 PM  Show Profile
Do any of you suffer from depression?
Do you take any thing for it?
What do you do to over come depression.?
I usually can over come my depression; but this bout of depression is lasting longer than most.

I am Diabetic
high blood pressure
arthris every where
Severe refluxe
Irritable Bowels Symndrome
plus a few other coditons and diseass

I take efforexe for depression. I was wondering if I should change it.
It had been helping ; but now I am wondering.
I have taken it for years.
I go to the Diabetic doctor March 14 th I will have to talk to him about that.
Just wondering what you do if you have depression and how you cope with it? Pinkroses

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  5:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Pinkroses- I change my diet dramatically- dropped dairy, ate only non-processed food, lots of fruits and vegetables. Plain things like organic chicken breast just drizzled with olive oil and your choice of herbs. It has helped me tremendously. Sometimes the food gets well boring and repetative, but it all helps.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  1:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Sheila,
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Wish I could help. The only thing I can suggest is several very small bland meals a day. Avoid choc. alcohol, fatty and spicey foods. And ask your doctor is some of the meds. you are taking could be upsetting your system.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  8:13:43 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your depression sometimes if your not getting outside much it will worsen and its suggested those lights that provide artificial outdoor light help. Hope this suggestion helps if even a little. Remember we are all here for you!! Take care cause we care!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  10:30:23 PM  Show Profile
I am Diabetic----is your blood sugar under control? Are you keeping it between 80 and 150?
high blood pressure----Are you on b/p medication? If so, how long ago were those meds reviewed by your MD?
arthris every where----Tough one here. Are you taking any NSAIDS? Are you RA or OA? Is your pain controlled?
Severe refluxe----Zantac and Tagamet can cause depression. Are you either of these for the reflux? Also eat 5 to 6 small meals per day and sit up for 45 minutes afterwards. Are you taking any of the new OA meds like: Boniva? If so are you sitting up for one hour after taking it. (this is a once a month medication.)
Irritable Bowels Symndrome----Bless your heart. Are you taking Metamucil on a regular basis? Stress reduction also helps.
plus a few other coditons and diseass

I take efforexe for depression: Did you mean effexor? You might want to check with your doctor about reviewing and adjusting or changing some things. Sunshine or artificial sunshine will help tremendously. Laughing is a wonderfull treatment for most anything!

Please see your doctor as soon as possible!! If you can add some sunshine, fresh air, good nutrition and exercise...all of those will help, and the foods Nancy Jo suggested getting rid of are spot on to get rid of!!

Hope this helps a little.....(((((((((hug))))))))))))

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2007 :  10:50:04 AM  Show Profile
Sheila,

I am currently taking sertraline (generic for Zoloft) for anxiety and depression. I am mostly taking it for the emotional rollercoaster I am on with my hubby's health. It certainly evens out my emotions and keeps me from being depressed. I dont plan on taking it long term but it might work out that way. I may be looking for an herbal alternative if I have too.

I think you should talk about it with your doctor and see if he thinks it should be changed because maybe you have gotten used to it since you have taken it for a long period of time.

Good Luck

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Depression: Pinkroses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page