Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knitters......what I'm working on right now
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitters......what I'm working on right now Next Topic
Page: of 2

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2005 :  08:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks! Right now I have 5 grey fleeces, 1 white fleece, pluss a big bag of dk brown and turquoise fleece to spin up. I think I'll be good for a while! :)
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  4:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
Good Afternoon, Does anyone have any links to knitted afghans. I have tons of crochet patterns but my niece is looking for knitting patterns. She is a wonderful knitter but had stopped knitting after developing some shoulder problems. She has given away all her patterns. This summer she started doing a little knitting again when she saw me working on a crochet dishcloth. She found that it doesn't bother her shoulder nearly as much now that she isn't spending 8 hours a day working on a computer. She and I found some cones of cotton worsted weight yarn on sale recently. I have lots of crochet patterns but she needs some knitting ideas. So what are your favorite knitting links?

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

dg7954
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Diane
Doylestown pa
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  3:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rockinghorse. I read your message about learning how to knit, and the best idea is to find a knitting store near you if possible. Most stores have knitting classes available, and that might be the best way to learn because you are with beginner knitters and you learn the right way from the start. I find it beneficial to have someone show me and then watch me try it so that they can correct me if I am not doing it the right way. If it is not possible to find a store nearby with classes, I did find a book that illustrated everything very clearly. I have knitted for many years, but I have had a problem understanding the yarn over idea. This book finally cleared it up for me and I can now go back to patterns that I avoided because of this stitch. The book is called "the Knitter's Handbook", essential skills and helpful hints from Knitters Magazine, and their website is
www.knittinguniverse.com.

I hope this helps and that you get to enjoy knitting as much as I do.
Diane
dg7954
farmgirl at heart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knitters......what I'm working on right now Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page