Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Scraping drawers for fabric money....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Scraping drawers for fabric money.... Next Topic  

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  04:23:00 AM  Show Profile
You know you are addicted when you clean out junk drawers to find change to go thrifting with......for fabric!! I saw three pieces of beautiful long yardage fabric for about $4.50. Didn't have the money on me at the time, and didn't want to take the money out of the grocery budget...so I empted my two junk drawers where I threw my change from my pockets after work for 6 months. The haul: $30.42. Way more than enough to get the fabric!! LOL....does anyone else toss money in drawers. If so, How much.....drawer clean out day today. But you must throw it in a crafting jar after the clean out!! LOL.........Giddy over the found crafting money!

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  04:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I have a copper bucket on Husbands side of the dresser. Right now you can hardly pick it up. Last time I emptied it it was just over $68. Thanks for reminding me! I will let you know what this comes out to!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  04:54:12 AM  Show Profile
My brother saves his change and has had over $500 in about two years. Works good for him and his fiance'e because they roll it up and get it put into a cd or something of the sort.

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  06:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
My kids empty Daddy's pockets when he comes home every night and put it in the offical money jar. When I get home from town, I toss all my change in there too. (It is a small jar, but when full will hold between $50-$80). This is Mama's money, I use it for nice things to fix up the house or generaly make us more comfortable. Last fall, I bought a vintage table to use in the school room out for the jar and just a month ago I purchased 4 "new" very sturdy chairs to use at that table from the same jar. Since we do not have an "eating out budget" any meals eaten away from home have to come out of the jar too.

Trina

'
Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds. Proverbs 27:23
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  10:06:21 AM  Show Profile
I have a jar above the washer where I keep my laundry money. Anything that goes in the wash, goes in my jar. No one is allowed to remove it once it's in there. I had about $30 in there once. It's nice to know you have a reserve for those emergency fabric/craft purchases!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  11:24:46 AM  Show Profile
I have the same rule here Karin...if it's in the washer it's mine! I also have a texas mickey that was left here when we moved in. We've put dimes in it over the last five years and it now has almost $500 in it. Amazing how fast it accumulates.
Diane
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  11:44:08 AM  Show Profile
The easiest way to find extra money in our house is to go couch diving. The Rule is: whoever gets there first gets the money and they have to clean from behind the couch too. You would be amazed at how much money your really sitting on. It's fairly clean behind the couch too.

Tina

The dogs own the house but the people pay the mortgage!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Scraping drawers for fabric money.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page