EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  7:30:42 PM  Show Profile
Can someone tell me when the new MJ magazine is to hit the shelves? The last on I have is the stitchery one - Maybe I should just subscribe so as not to miss one!

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  8:11:43 PM  Show Profile
Libbie said sometime in the Spring---maybe. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2007 :  09:21:12 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, another option (the one that works best for me, at least) is to buy some of MJs products that you can't find locally. The details are listed on the product pages (and since I'm too lazy to verify and too forgetful to remember them accurately, I won't even try ), but if you order a certain amount of product you also receive a certain amount (the next 12 months' worth, I'm pretty sure) of magazines as well.

I did that last year and will do that again as soon as I have any discretionary funds. The only problem with this is that I have trouble keeping my wish list under budget once I allow myself to start shopping!!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2007 :  12:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

That is correct Patti! To clarify a little bit more: The first time you order from us you will receive a free issue of MaryJanesFarm Magazine. This excludes orders that only have magazines (that includes the Back Issue Special), subscription, or Dansko Shoes on them. Also, we don't include a magazine in Apron Pattern orders just because of how much extra that makes the shipping (rather than $1.11 it would be $4.05 with a magazine). If you would like to pay the extra shipping, we would be more than happy to include a magazine with the apron patterns; you just have to ask for it. Generally, we send the current issue of the magazine as the free one. If you already have that issue and would like a back issue instead, just let us know.

As far as the free subscription, when you purchase over $50 from MaryJanesFarm (not including shipping), we automatically sign you up to receive a years-worth of free magazines. Sometimes that means you get one free issue or two (depending on how frequently they come out and when you purchase the $50). If you already have a current free subscription, we will update the date of purchase. For example: If you purchased $50 worth of items on 06/03/06 your subscription would start 06/2006 and would continue through 05/2007. If you purchased another $50 again on 12/15/06 we would up date the subscription to start on 12/2006 and it would then continue through 11/2007.

I know it seems a bit confusing, so if you have any questions you can either email or call me and I can try to explain it a little bit better. Thanks for giving the general run down of it though Patti!

Sincerely,

Theresa Paul
CutiePatootieFarmgirl
MaryJanesFarm
theresa@maryjanesfarm.org
1-888-750-6004
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  06:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Great to know, I do have a question tho: I made an order for Christmas in December (not sure if the order has to be made within the same year)...and I did order magazines but I also ordered the book bundle and a CD...the total for those items ended up being 50.00 for those items...I did not have shipping costs either due to a Farmgilr Sisterhood promotion...would I be eligible for the "12 issue" thing...thanks for your help

Farmgirl Sister #21

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Brenda M
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Brenda
Moscow ID
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  08:59:10 AM  Show Profile
Amy,

Unfortunately, we have discontinued the 1 year free subscription with a $50 order about the middle of last year (2007). With the distribution of the magazine going to our new partner, we will no longer be able to add the free subscriptions as we had been able to do in the past. I apologize for the previous mis-information.

The free issue with your first order is still available as described.

Our new publishing partner has sent a random mailer to offer magazine subscriptions. You get one free issue of the magazine and the option when you receive that issue to subscribe at a discounted price. If you want to receive one of the mailers, please send me your name and address and I will put you on the list to receive the mailer.

I hope this helps answer your questions. If there is anything else, please feel free to ask away.

brenda :)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  09:09:06 AM  Show Profile
I got a notice in the mail today, the next issue is due out in may, and then every other month after that.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  12:14:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone!

As Brenda mentioned, we've had some changes to our past magazine offers. We still give one free issue with a customer's first order if it includes product (excluding magazines, Dansko shoes, lotions, potions, soaps, and jams).

As Nancy Jo mentioned, the notice she got in the mail (it included an RSVP card to mail back to the publisher in a postage paid envelope) is due to the new partnership we've made with a big magazine publisher / distributor. They are offering one free issue of our magazine in the spring (when the re-launch kicks off) to all those who would like one.

If you want to be on that list to get the new magazine "hot off the presses" in the spring, please call or e-mail the farm right away to let us know. Brenda gives the publisher a list of names and addresses every week, but at some point, they may say they can't add any more to the RSVP card list.

Our toll-free number is 1-888-750-6004, and just tell me or Brenda that you want to be added to the list for the free magazine. (Remember to send the card back to the publisher in the enclosed envelope, not to us. It delays the process if it's sent to us.)

Big Note: This list will not be sold to or used by any other company for any other mailings...we made sure of that! So feel free to add any of your friends and family that might want to get their own RSVP cards in the mail. (Otherwise, your copy of the magazine may be out on permanent loan!) LOL :D

We're so excited about this partnership and to have much wider distribution than we ever have in the past! There will be 4 issues out this year, and six per year going forward.

Enjoy!!!

~Sunny

You never know what each day will bring, so laugh, love, sing.
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  12:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies for your help and futher clarification on this topic :-) I should have one of those letter/card things for the subscription. I will be making a food order today or tomorrow so I was wondering about this. I currently have all of the magazines to date except for the Premire issue that is no longer available....so I for sure want the new one when it hits the presses...Sunny, I sent you an e-mail on the subject - thanks.

Farmgirl Sister #21

Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  2:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi again, Everyone!

Amy just asked me a good question via e-mail, and I see the answer may be just what you are looking for, as well, Kathy.

The subscriptions are not being handled by the farm anymore, so when you get the free issue, you will get a card to return to the distributor that says "Yes, I'd like to subscribe" or "No, thanks." That way, the distributor can handle all of that. (And we don't mind at all!)

The Artists in Aprons (issue #9) is the most current magazine we have right now. 2007 was so busy for MaryJane with her new line of foods, chocolates, organic linens, MaryJane's Stitching Room book, and finishing her latest book (MaryJane's Outpost Guidebook for Cultivating Your Inner Wild...to be released this summer), that there was no time for creating magazines. But she'll make up for it in 2008!!!

For those who just can't wait that long to read a MaryJanesFarm magazine, we are still running the Back Issue Special (6 past issues for the price of 3). It includes issues 2 - 7.

As always, feel free to e-mail or call us with any questions, and we'll be glad to help!

~Sunny

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  4:02:21 PM  Show Profile
sunny ..i'd like to make sure that i get one of those 'spring issue' cards .. 'specially since my 'rag-chillun' will be in this issue. don't mind at all paying for it .. do i call you guys at the farm for a card? i 'think' that is what i read .. or is this posting enuff .. or who should i send an e-mail? xo, frannie

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  4:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie,

The best thing to do is either e-mail iris@maryjanesfarm.org (or me directly from this posting) and let us know the names and addresses you'd like to have receive the free issue offer. Even if we already have your info in our data base, it makes it so much easier to cut and paste directly from the e-mail to the list. Or you could call us, if you'd prefer, and we'll take your info over the phone. Easier than pie!

What's that creation you mentioned of yours that will be in the magazine? Sounds interesting!

~Sunny

Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  4:37:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes, and as another side note, many of you may know this already, but it probably doesn't hurt to mention it again: to send an e-mail directly to the one who posts (so it's private and doesn't get posted online), roll your mouse over the person's name on the forum who posted. When the name gets underlined, click on it, and the next screen will take you to a way to e-mail that person directly. (This is good to know, if you're new to chat rooms like I am!)

~Sunny

Go to Top of Page

gwennym
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Gwen
Edwardsville IL
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  5:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi, all ...... is there also a way to be put on a "want to buy" list for Mary Jane's upcoming book? Amazon.com doesn't have it, yet, for presale.....
Thanks
Gwen
Go to Top of Page

the bees knees
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Joyce
Monroe LA
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  7:40:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sunny, I just sent you an email about getting the first magazine for free...how wonderful...thanks for the info!!

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  12:45:05 PM  Show Profile
I just called the farm, talked to Brenda, and had my name added to the list. I hope the theme will still be She's a Keeper, as I was looking forward to that! But whatever it is, it will be fun to get a copy!!! Count me in for sure!
Jeannie

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  8:16:59 PM  Show Profile
Brenda!Emailed my info to be on the subscriber list :) Thanks!

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  06:12:00 AM  Show Profile
Sunny and Brenda, I just wanted to make sure, you do have my address info fo the new MJF issue....I recv'd another one of those paper things from the magazine sub people, no card just the paper (no return envie either). I just wanted to make sure that I was good to go and if I should just disregard the mail thingy till after the one issue comes out - thanks :-)

Farmgirl Sister #21
Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  07:21:17 AM  Show Profile
ohhhhhhhhhh .. i can hardly wait!!!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  09:40:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi Amy and Everyone!

I'm so glad you asked! (I've been meaning to update this info for everyone.)

Since I posted the first "how it will work" info, I discovered that the publisher is not sending the card thingie out as they originally had on the first mailing. They are now sending out a confirmation letter that says something like "Thanks for subscribing..." which really means "You will have the opportunity to subscribe after you get your free issue..."

In short, if you got the letter, you're on their list to get the free issue in the spring, so rest assured!

The letter they send also invites you to list names and addresses of friends and relatives who might also like their own free issue. I just want to remind everyone that we've been assured that these names will not be sold to or shared with any other companies for any other mailings.

If this is all new to first-time readers, and you'd like to be added to the list, just e-mail me directly by clicking that little icon above this post that has a little open envelope and letter behind it. (Please don't put your addresses here on the forum.) Or, you could call our toll-free line: 888-750-6004.

Enjoy the magazine!

~Sunny

Farmgirl Sister #4

Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  09:46:33 AM  Show Profile
Ok...thanks Sunny! Yes, I just wanted to make sure if I had to send that letter thingy in to them or not. Glad that I don't have too now, unless I have someone else that I know that would like the magazine.

Farmgirl Sister #21
Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

Edited by - amyartgirl on Feb 18 2008 09:51:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  09:56:35 AM  Show Profile
You're very welcome, Amy, and thank you again for asking! :)

~Sunny

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9321 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9321 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  2:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Sunny,
I sent you an email.
Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2008 :  2:28:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Denise; all taken care of! Enjoy!

~Sunny

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2008 :  11:20:23 PM  Show Profile
Sunny..just sent you a message for the trial magazine..

Thanks, Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2008 :  09:11:12 AM  Show Profile
Hey Sunny, just sent you an email, many thanks,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Next MJ Magazine Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page