Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Quilt Square Swap... SWAP COMPLETED!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap... SWAP COMPLETED!!! Next Topic
Page: of 6

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  11:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I got mine made yesterday then some I made like 40 something of these.
I used fabrics from the last fat quarter swap. So a lot of farmgirls are represented in these blocks.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com

Edited by - sunshine on Mar 02 2007 11:35:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  1:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I cannot wait. They look beautiful sunshine. I really love that watermelon corner over ther. My daughter used that to make the liner for a pink and green handbag she recently crochetted. The bright colors are fabulous, just love em. I have to figure out how to post pictures. I think there is a tutorial forum on here somewhere. I cannot stand being so behind on technology. Oh well, I am catching up. Thanks for pooping those up here to inspire the rest of us!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  1:09:51 PM  Show Profile
By the way here is the participant info that I have:
1. smoothiejuice...address
2. suzyhomemaker...address
3. sewgirlie
4. sunshine...address
5. katmom
6. nicie
7. khartquilt...address
If I do not have you marked as address, please email me with your address. I know that you will probably have your return address on your squares when you send them, but I am trying to be organized. If you already sent your address and I do not have you marked, will you please send it again. Thanks so much. Jess
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  1:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine,
Your blocks look super! That is going to be one "happy" quilt when you are finished. How many different fabrics did you use? you made 20+ blocks? That is great. I hope you show us a finished quilt top soon. I made a visit to your blog. You are a very busy girl. I might have t think about getting a blog so I can post my little projects too. The key word here is little. I start a lot but once the top is done I never finish. I need to find a long arm to finish my quilts.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  4:01:07 PM  Show Profile
Sewgirlie thanks for your address. I was thinkin maybe I should get a little blog going, too. I love to see what everyone else is up to. I too have several tops that arent in a full quilt form yet, but I often use them for fun tablecoverings and just to sit around and make things look pretty until somebody comes over and says "you haven't quilted that yet?," then that usually gets me going. Although, I have finished a lot of projects this year so far that have been dangling for awhile. It feels good to finally have closure sometimes. Send in your addresses if you haven't already. I will be looking out for them. Jess
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  10:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Jessica,
I just sent you my address along with a question via e-mail.
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  06:05:20 AM  Show Profile
Katmom, i just sent you an email. Sunshine, did you pre wash your fabrics? A few people have asked if we are using pre washed fab or not, i figured since yours are done, we will follow your lead. Please let us know. I will also send all of you my address sometime today. Thanks...jess
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  06:21:17 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Mine are not pre washed but if we want pre washed I would be happy to do them again not hard at all. I don't like to prewash fabric unless I am making clothes.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  06:39:47 AM  Show Profile
I do not see a need for pre wash. As long as everyone knows to not pre wash. I agree it is not really neccessary. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  10:00:47 AM  Show Profile
Jessica,
got your e-mail,,,thanx, & I have not pre-washed my fab yet,,,,thanx for the heads up not to. you saved me some time [washing & ironing] : > )
I printed up the instructions and will start working on my 9sq. this week.
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2007 :  10:17:07 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
you might want to make 12 as people might still sign up as the cut off is 12

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  05:20:27 AM  Show Profile
Sunshine, your blocks are lovely. I recognize fabric from the swaps. I am going to start mine today and wil luse some of those same ones (if I have not used them up already!) I will be pulling from my stash and most will be prewashed. It really should not make too much difference.

Oh, the whole finishing the quilt question. I sent two tops to berries on MJF to machine quilt for me. I have three tops waiting for me to baste and machine stitch in the ditch and/or straight quilting. I do only very little free motion on my home machine. It wil lget done. I bought a batting this week for the one top. I think the pleasure is i nthe process, different steps appeal more to me at different times. This was the week of sewing the blocks together. :-) Today is the day to sew those blocl=ks for the swap.

Sunshine, I've been praying for your daughter and your whole family.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2007 :  07:02:53 AM  Show Profile
Okay, promised last night, but instead first thing this morning...did everyone get my email with my address on it? Please contact me if you did not. I havent heard from Nicie...send me your address if you get a chance. Sounds like we are all busy making squares. I set up my quilt frame with a smaller quilt on it in one of our alcoves and started several needles and drew lines that I wanted quilted. My kids have all seen me do this, and a brief explanation to them, and they are all excitedly quilting for me. Maybe if I can keep up their enthusiasm I have my quilt top problem solved. It makes for a very quiet house, except when my 5 yr old son gets his thread knotted.
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  06:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, I was out of town. I'll have that for you asap.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2007 :  09:19:15 AM  Show Profile
Glad to hear from you, not a problem. Hope you had fun. Jess
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  05:12:12 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to join this one too--looks like pretty easy sewing, so I think I can manage it! My Kenmore is 30 years old (wedding present from my grandparents, and my 30th anniversary was yesterday), so all it really wants to do is basic sewing. Since I have the fat quarters and charm squares I have plenty of fabric choices too!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  05:33:43 AM  Show Profile
We would love to have you, the guidelines are within this thread. If you have any questions, email me, as well send me your name and mailing address. Glad you are here.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2007 :  05:38:45 AM  Show Profile
I sent my address to you ktknits, that bring our count to eight. I have a few others that may be interested that have emailed me privately, but they are unsure and want to try to make the squares before they commit, so we will see about them. Hope you are all having a great day. Jess
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2007 :  12:48:04 PM  Show Profile
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l96/suzyhomemaker38/P1010001.jpg

Hoping the blocks show up. They are done and will be o ntheir way to you, Jessica, today or tomorrow. This was such a great swap. I ended up making 54 bright mixed up blocks as I want to make a lap sized quilt.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2007 :  12:52:19 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
way cool colors clare

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  07:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Morning Jess,
I have my fabric, now just need a quiet moment to start the cut/sew process. I may have to lock myself in the bathroom tho, other wise my beloved 4 fur babies will want to help me...have you ever tried to do any meedlework or sewing w/kitties around? quit the challenge, LOL!
I have just been given a 12 week assignment @ work that requires me to work a 4 & 10 schedule (10 hr days) so I will have to steal time when ever I can to work on the Crazy-9. Hopefully I will have them done with-in the next week or at least by the end of the month. I have my mailer & return mailer envelopes ready to go. So, now it's off to work I go and maybe tomorrow I can sew a few before I head out to work.
tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  07:44:55 AM  Show Profile
I do not envy you at all for working with little kitties around. One winter I decided to take in some strays. Well, I ended up taking in 4 strays and about 2 weeks later the four turned into 27, I thought my husband was going to kill me. In 12 weeks, we managed to find homes for every single one of them, but it was some of the worst times in my house for doing any projects. Good luck, I love little kitties, but I am happy with just one who is 8 years old and stays outside or in the barn most of the time.
I have heard from several of the people on this swap and they have let me know that once you get going, the blocks go together really fast. I will be doing mine to completion this weekend, as all my winter obligations are wrapping up this week. Have fun.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2007 :  11:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Jess,
Thanx for the words of encouragment....aside of this added committment at work, my hubby & I are completly renovating a 13' Scamp trailer...not to mention some spring home projects (fresh paint on exterior of house, etc.) so, as always, we have stretched ourselves thin, but hey, it's a good excuse to buy new tools as well as a trip to the fabric store (for me) to buy fabric to upholster the cushions & curtains in the trailer.
Gee, what's that old saying...???... "She who dies with the most craft supplies,,,wins" LOL!
I think I may be a winner... LOL!

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2007 :  05:51:21 AM  Show Profile
I like that one, good luck...jess
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2007 :  06:25:37 AM  Show Profile
Jessica,
Hi!
I have my blocks done and ready to mail. I am going to try and get them to the post office this morning. If you have the time,just let me know that you received them. Thank you again for letting me join your swap. I hope this will be an on going event. I truly enjoy sending and receiving little suprises in the mail. Its kind of like christmas and birthdays rolled in to one.
Kathy
PS
My fabric has all been washed. It is something I do right away after I purchase it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Quilt Square Swap... SWAP COMPLETED!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page