Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cowgirl - Sew - Along
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cowgirl - Sew - Along Next Topic  

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:47:44 AM  Show Profile
Cowgirl fabric is so special, we needed a special sew along.

Everyone has seen the purse, but Now there is an apron.

This fabric was so over the top, I just had to embellish it over the top too.... So I lined it in Cow to match the ruffle and the pocket.
and the little bit of lace on the ruffle I think just completes it.

So, if you want to join in the fun....
http://www.fabrictherapy.com/ah.html
http://buyfabricsonline.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/26_509_512

I think I need some of the black too!
E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."

Edited by - BotanicalBath on Jun 12 2007 01:26:28 AM

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  01:07:22 AM  Show Profile
Adorable!! I love it!! I am thinking about making the fancy work apron (MJ pattern) with this fabric..it is just so cute!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  02:58:07 AM  Show Profile
Love the cow print as accents. This is a really fun apron.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  03:31:59 AM  Show Profile
Very, very adorable!! LOVE it. Great work and I really like the feminine touches!!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  06:22:10 AM  Show Profile
Very nice you did a great job,trim is fun with it.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  06:22:42 AM  Show Profile
So cute! Love those pockets!!!
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  09:42:52 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth! Can you hear me screammmmmming! I LOVE your darling cowgirl apron! What a great job you did! You clever girl. Love everything cowgirl! Thanks for the lead on the fabric also. I have bought some of the cowgirl fabric before but my lead went dry! I am going to make new curtains for my little 1957 Jewel vintage trailer. I need 16 yards! You can see my trailer if you check out this website! I am sister #595 if you look under "cowgirl caravan".

Thanks Bunches!
Maryjane Lee

sistersonthefly.com
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  10:02:47 AM  Show Profile
Maryjane, I JUST LOVE your darling trailer! And I'm so sad that I looked at that website - it looks like sooooo much fun, and I have this dream of having my own vintage teardrop...it must be the gypsy in me...but I just couldn't join in the fun right now...too many other pressing priorities :-( But for future reference, I'll have to be sure my next vehicle has towing capacity :-) Do you have to fish to be in the group? I'd love the caravanning aspect, but am not such a good fisher person. Please show pics after you get your curtains done. Thanks! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  10:12:34 AM  Show Profile
Judy! I will email you some pics now before I went to Cowgirl College in Tombstone a couple months ago. No, you do not have to flyfish but join in the fun of the sisterhood! We are going to the Kern River in September! We have lots of sisters in WA and ID! katmom-Grace from MaryJane's Farm is moving to WA in a couple months! You will have to meet up with her for MJ's Farm & SOTF!

I just LOVE Elizabeth's DARLING apron! katmom made me one for Sisters on the Fly!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Elizabeth, send me your email if you want the pics!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  10:38:54 AM  Show Profile
Ok.. THAT nearly got too much attention here at work..
What with my Hooting & Hollering.. & Maryjane lee's Screaming..!!

The Cow ruffles was just way too much fun!!!
I LOVE THIS APRON!!
What a hoot!
This is what i love most about doing the Aprons though i think is picking the combinations that i am going to use together!!

What a great choice!.. You nailed it!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  1:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Maryjane, I have emailed with Katmom and will definitely meet her when she gets up here. I moved here from San Diego in Oct. 2004, so we already have lots in common, besides MJF, of course!
I'll look more at the SOTF website...and then I'll keep my eyes out for my little teardrop...how fun! TTYL, Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  1:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, Elizabeth, that apron is just the BEST!!!!!! I can't wait for my fabric to arrive....Oh darn....we leave to go to the beach for a big extended family vacation on Saturday....with my luck the fabric will arrive Friday and haunt me the whole week. Oh well, I am going to make an apron...but it might not be for a while. Can't wait to see what the rest of you all come up with!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  1:16:18 PM  Show Profile
My daughters will flip out when I show them the pic of that!!! They are in love with all things cowgirl right now and with aprons. You did the perfect marriage of the two!!!!!!!!

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  6:23:57 PM  Show Profile
What a great job you did! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!!!! All the little bits of fun are just adorable. It's inspired me to go to the big city and go back to the fabric warehouse I saw the same fabric and get some for myself and start sewing up one of MJ's apron patterns with it. Your's is just so much fun. Bet you get a lot of compliments on it. You certainly did here! Keep up the great work.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  6:55:28 PM  Show Profile
I was just in a quilt shop today and found some great cowgirl fabrics by Moda. I did an Internet search when I got home and found the "Queen of the Ranch" line on several online store sites. Some had more of them than others. I like the Victorian Cowgirl Stripe in the 'Natural' color the best. It looked the most old fashioned to me.
Here is one place that had them:
http://www.sweetpeasandangels.com/catalog.php?category=36

The quilt store had the stripe in a blue on the bolt and it was very pretty. They also had 6" squares cut and in packets of all of the fabrics in the line. This is where I saw the 'Natural' colored stripe, but the store did not have it on the bolt.

I'd like some curtains out it for my kitchen, for that "Sarah, Plain and Tall" look I love. That is the Hallmark movie, part of a series, with Glenn Close. It is eye candy for the lover of primitive/Victorian.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  04:09:35 AM  Show Profile
i found this really hilarious fabric called cowgirl pin ups, and I really want to make myself a dress out of it...i just want to find it in a different background color...the one i found is dusty pink...good for apron, not a dress for me! itis on ebay, you should all go check it out.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  11:04:08 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I am right behind MaryJane Lee,,,,squeeling with delight! what a cute apron!love your use of cow print fabric and trims.
I can hardly wait to make my aprons from that fabric.

Hey MJL, I am bummed that I won't get to join up with you all @ the Sept. SOTF Kern trip.

Judith, I am #472 on SOTF. oh and if ya sneak over to Medical Lake (where we bought our new home) there is a camping/trailer sales lot & they have moderen Tear Drop trailers. Cute but pricey, $17,000.00, ouch!
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 14 2007 11:04:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  06:29:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Jess, I saw that cowgirl pinups fabric...I thought it was great! I saw it in different colors at...http://www.cowboyfabric.com/cowgirls.htm

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  06:44:48 AM  Show Profile
Wow $7 a yard is the best price i have seen online. I will probably be ordering some more Buckerette in different colors too, and did you see the page of bandanas. Those would make cute contrasting trim too. I picked up Cottonwood bandana in pink only last outing.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cowgirl - Sew - Along Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page