Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi y'all from SC Next Topic  

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  3:13:33 PM  Show Profile
It's heartwarming to read about the adventures of farm girls from far and near. I look forward to getting to know you all via this chat avenue and learning from your experiences/gleaning from your knowledge.

Fran

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  3:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi and Welcome Fran! So glad you are here! Join right in on the chat and add to the various topics! You will love it here! jenny

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  10:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Penny!!!! glad to have you here!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  10:10:55 PM  Show Profile
ooops...it is late and I am tired..welcome FRAN!!! tell us about you!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2005 :  11:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Almost six years ago, my family and I made the courageous decision to move to the "country." We live on 19 acres and love it. My husband and I are empty nesters now but we have plenty to keep us busy...horses, chickens, dog, cat, and all that goes with the upkeep of the property. We call our stake out here Pleasant Place because that is exactly what it is. It is so peaceful that I hate to leave it even to "go to town" to run errands. I taught myself to crochet this winter and I do so just about every evening. I love our animals, gardening, sewing, nature journaling, birdwatching,....so many interests and not enough time!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2005 :  3:58:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Fran!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2005 :  5:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group, Fran! Nice to have you here :)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

Lena@HickoryGroveFarm
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Marlena
Brunson SC
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2005 :  09:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Hello Fran! I am also in SC... near Hampton. Where are you located? Glad to have you here!
Lena

Budding Farm Girl and Eccentric Artist
see www.marlenam.com
Go to Top of Page

Bean
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Christine
Myrtle Beach SC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2005 :  8:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Fran. I Just moved from Greenville SC to Myrtle Beach Sc. I am orginally from Athens GA. I must say Myrtle Beach is very nice. Most people think of tourist and honky tonk but there is more beyond the first impression.
Go to Top of Page

rockinhorse
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Robin
yucca valley Ca
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  12:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Send rockinhorse an AOL message  Send rockinhorse a Yahoo! Message
welcome Fran hope to hear more from you. My son just moved to charelston sc :( miss him but he says that he loves it there and I would never leave if I came to visis. I live in the desert in california.
Go to Top of Page

simplegirl
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Teresa
OR
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  08:26:25 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Fran! I am sure you will enjoy your time on the boards as much as I have!

Until you make peace with who you are, you'll never be content with what you have. ~Doris Mortman
Go to Top of Page

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  1:13:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Christine, Robin, and Teresa:

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! I enjoyed reading your posts. This weekend my husband and I are going to Myrtle Beach, Christine. It's our 28th anniversary. We're going to a show at the Alabama Theatre just like we did last year. It must be quite a change to move from Greenville to Myrtle Beach. Robin, we lived in Charleston for 18 years before moving to where we are now (about an hour away). I still go to Charleston about once/twice week for shopping/doctor visits, etc. Your son is correct...you might not leave if you ever came for a visit! Nice to meet you, too, Teresa and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Edited by - pennyfour on Jun 20 2005 1:14:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2005 :  6:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Fran,
I know exactly what you mean about having to leave to run errands in town. I would gladly stay home and farm. It will be a couple of years before I get to go back, but I was raised on a farm and I think it never leaves you. Have a great one! Welcome to true friends.
Joy

To live without farm life is merely existing, to live with farm life is living life to it very last experience.
Go to Top of Page

kathryn
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Kathryn
Jackson south carolina
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  3:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi Fran, I'm in Jackson SC outside of Aiken, not too far from the coast. Glad to meet ya, K
ps, Congrats on 28 years, I think this is marvelous !!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi y'all from SC Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page