Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic welcome wagon Next Topic  

glades girl
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

lynn
Fernandina fl.
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  06:43:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone this is glades girl. I am so glad to have stumbled across this sight. There are so many wonderful women with great insight and so much to share. I use glades girl because i was raised in the everglades. I have always lived on farms and most of my family still has one, thats each member. I have one dog named Italy, shes 120 pounds of laughter.3 cats Jackie chan, grass hopper, and bengal. Two children, one 11 year old daughter and a 19 year old in colledge they also enjoy the farm life. unfourtantely we only have an acre now and each time i try a full garden it fails. But i do grow beautiful tomatoes. Ive had araconda chickens which lay beautiful colored eggs and many other types. I have nice flower gardens and lots of wonderful worms. I cant wait to move into a wonderful old farm house and start all over again. I just talked my mother into flower gardening and she is great. She has a small farm in south carolina and supplies me with all the fresh veggies i can handle, she cans everthing. Im still trying to grow veggies i guess i'll have to use raised beds its just to wet here. Thanks to evryone who created this sight. lynn.

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  07:39:39 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, glades girl! Growing up around the Everglades must have been interesting. That part of Florida is a wonderful ecology, though it is humid and damp. Lots of development going on there, now, and I bet it is a lot different than when you were growing up.

Glad to have you here!

jpbluesky
Heartland girl

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jul 22 2005 07:41:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  08:06:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome glades girl!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2005 :  09:20:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Glades girl!!! Sounds so different there from where I am (dry Utah) how interesting!! I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

PhillyfarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Yael
Philadelphia PA
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  07:23:11 AM  Show Profile  Send PhillyfarmGirl an AOL message
You are most welcome here Glades Girl! Sounds like you have a super set up with your mama! Isn't that what it is all about, helping each other. I am also happy to hear your children also enjoy farm life! BTW your cat Jackie Chan makes me wonder if he is acrobatic?? :-)
Blessings,

Philly Farmgirl

~It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion;
It is easy in solitude to live after our own;
but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd
keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.~
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://homeschoolblogger.com/PhillyFarmGirl/
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2005 :  08:06:18 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Glades Girl!!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

glades girl
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

lynn
Fernandina fl.
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  04:36:14 AM  Show Profile
Yes Phillyfarm girl Jackie Chan is a bob tail siamese with big blue eyes. He used to get excited and run circles arond the house he was so funny with the silly stuff he does we just had to name him after Jackie.
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  10:10:14 AM  Show Profile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello from the midwest! This is my first time to the forum and I was soooo excited to find the web site. I have been reading up on all the forums and just love it! I live in a small town in Illinois of approx 1000 people and have lived in the village "proper" untill last December when my dream of owning a house in the country finally came true. I have driven past the house for the last 15 years and behold -one day there was a for sale sign at the end of the drive! It was truely a blessing when the 100+ year old 2 story farm house came up on market...We only have an acre, but I (with some help) have tried to make some gardens even in the first season of living there(I just had the last yard the way I wanted it). I have 2 "girls"..named Sophie and Juilette-They are Nubian/Boer mix. I have always wanted goats, and maybe I will attempt to make some milk products.
My main interest is HERBS...Someday, I would like to start a business but for now, just imagining the possibilities (sorta) keeps me content.
I purchased MaryJanes book and devour it every chance I get-which is quite impressive for someone who doesnt like to read very much. I have a sister who lives in Idaho Falls Idaho, and hope maybe I can take a trip to MaryJanes farm when I go to visit.

Jan from Illinois
P.S. I have never done a "chat" room before so I am still trying to figure this out...I ended up posting on the Chicago Tribune forum...Hopefully, this time I can get it right...Duh

Go to Top of Page

DeeHarp
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Dee
Missouri
39 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  10:56:29 AM  Show Profile
Jan,
Good to meet you and congratulations on your new home-place! I love Herbs as well...I read all that I can on them and grow as many as possible.
I also have goats and really love working with them! They are Nubian.
Dee :-)

Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  12:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the welcome Dee- I hope to learn much more from you and other gals here..and maybe get the hang of "chatting".
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  3:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
Welcome!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic welcome wagon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page