Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  2:49:04 PM  Show Profile
I have been looking at the Spot cleaning machines.
Does any one have one of these? Do you like it?

I have been thinking about getting one of these I live in a small house and would love to clean the "paths" (I told you it is small)
I have a light beige carpet, and it is kinda getting spotty. I wish I had wood or tile everywhere.

I hate to get a big machine, it would take a lot of space to store it. But I might decide to. Does anyone have a big machine they love? Oh and under $150 I know the Kirbys do a good job, my mom used to have one. But I don't want to spend that kind of money.

I had thought of renting a machine, but those machines kinda gross me out. I remember in school people would rent them and clean all kinds of gross things (think party remenents)

~~Bridge's Boutique~~

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  8:11:02 PM  Show Profile
I have the Kirby vacuum with the shampoo attachment but i was planning on renting a machine this weekend because I am doing my whole house to get it ready for a showing. I want to get it as clean as possible and the Kirby is great but I have to stop a lot to refill the shampoo tank. I hadnt really thought about what they might have used the rental one for before I get it. I might have to rethink and use the Kirby after all.

Shelle
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  8:36:48 PM  Show Profile
I have a Hoover Steam Vac that works really well. I can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I'm sure it was in that price range. It is big, but definitly worth it to me. The ownly stain I have had a problem getting out is dog pee, I don't know why, but I also haven't tried real hard either. As far as mud and food go it hasn't left anything behind.

Farmgirl and mother of 2
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  8:41:38 PM  Show Profile
We have the bissell pro heat. We love it! I can't remember what we paid but I KNOW it was less than 150.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2007 :  7:42:14 PM  Show Profile
I also have the Hoover Steam Vac and love it. Up side is that its fairly portable, ver easy to use, and does a great job. Down side is that it doesn't hold a huge amount of water, so you have to empty often. You can use their brand of cleaner or whatever brand you want. I've used Shaklee Basic H in mine and it works wonderfully!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2007 :  5:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
I have the "little mean green machine" or whatever it's called. I think it's by Bissell. We like it. I don't use their product in it though. I use "method" all-purpose cleaner and I've found it does a great job, and it's environment friendly. (I just posted about using this in my Clorox wet mop too. LOL)

Katee

A life without love is like a year without summer.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Carpet shampoo machine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page